MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
278 Runs to get in the lights.

Is there any Izzat left in this team?

Lets find out.

Last edited:
no izzat. Afridi should come at 3 or this series will be a white wash

Of all the pathetic bowlers in the history of the game...Rana has the biggest legion of followers...

Rana's fan's are even more delusional then Ishant Phaast Sharma's...

From Aussie innings thread:

tauseefm said:
Rehnay day yaar. Uncle hay to acha player(overall) lakin bowling main kiston main perform kerta hay :))) :)))
You should change your signature to "Only Difference Between Pak And Aus Is Yousuf's LACK OF Brain!!! "

The inability to tactically read this game has become a hallmark of recent Pakistani teams and their management.

Will they have the brains to send in Afridi to open?

MoYo screwed up again. he needed to bowl Asif and Ajmal in the power play, not Gul (3rd game) and Rana. This shuldn't have gone over 250. We will be out at 240 again.

Cheguvera said:
Of all the pathetic bowlers in the history of the game...Rana has the biggest legion of followers...

when medicority becomes the norm ....

Looney said:
From Aussie innings thread:

You should change your signature to "Only Difference Between Pak And Aus Is Yousuf's LACK OF Brain!!! "
DONE :D

How can you have :ajmal bowl in the PP. Well I don't know, only :moyo and :inti can answer that

Well this pitch should suit Akmal brothers. So specially for Kamran he needs to proof himself otherwise his position would be not guaranteed. I would've loved to see Imran Nazir on this pitch but the current squad is good enough to chase this target. ( atleast on paper)

afridi_captain said:
Well this pitch should suit Akmal brothers. So specially for Kamran he needs to proof himself otherwise his position would be not guaranteed. I would've loved to see Imran Nazir on this pitch but the current squad is good enough to chase this target. ( atleast on paper)

I donno why Imran Nazir wasnt picked for the series, but hopefully (Inshallah) we will chase this target and win.

Nazir_ Rules said:
I donno why Imran Nazir wasnt picked for the series, but hopefully (Inshallah) we will chase this target and win.
Pakistan has suffered as a result of dropping Nazir. Too valuable to drop from ODIs and T20s! :iamlegend

Pakistan can win if the batsmen keep their heads

Cheguvera said:

Tony Greig, Slats, Tubbs & Bill lawry are all fans of this so-called pathetic player. Learn something from them, they are not praising Rana for nothing. In their books Shoaib Akhtar is crap because of his attitude and Rana is better because of his never say die attitude. Huh!

MIG said:
when medicority becomes the norm ....

Spot on.

If Pakistan can replicate the sort of batting they carried out during the middle overs of the last match, Pakistan will get very close to the target.

Some stats:

Pakistan's highest score on this ground is 307 which was against WI.

Pakistan's highest score on this ground vs Australia is 274, which also happens to be Pakistan's highest score on the ground batting second (they successfully chased the target).

Pakistan have won all of their games at this ground, let's hope inshallah they can continue that.

Only positive is that there is no Bollinger and MJ. Umer has problem against left hander bowling across him. But we don't know who we plan to make a hero in this game? May be Hope will.

Umair Paracha! said:
What are Asoka's plans today?
He's going to sniff some

p4.jpg

Expect a sensational thumping from the Aussies.They smell Pathanese blood.

WithLoveFromCanada said:
Tony Greig, Slats, Tubbs & Bill lawry are all fans of this so-called pathetic player. Learn something from them, they are not praising Rana for nothing. In their books Shoaib Akhtar is crap because of his attitude and Rana is better because of his never say die attitude. Huh!

If only Rana's never say die attitude resulted in his taking wickets, stopping runs and making his side win...he can frame his never say die attitude and put it up in his living room for all I care...

BTW Greig also thought "these pakistanis [including Rana] are only good at" confronting, challenging, and fighting the opposition and umpires...

I guess you learned that from him as well...

For the love of God!

Did we lose the toss again?

Every time we had OZ, we have gone defensive to run thru overs rather than taking wkts and getting on top.

if the ball moves around, then the score will be a tough one to chase, so the first 20-25 overs are very important

I think so in order to achieve this score we have to adopt a safe and a steady approach, be aroun 100-110 for 1 around 25 overs and then take it from there becuz today the aussies bowling does not have a great amount of backup in haurtiz and hopes ( they might take wickets) but still i expect Pak to do well against them

Inshallah Pak will register first win of the tour today

Cheguvera said:
If only Rana's never say die attitude resulted in his taking wickets, stopping runs and making his side win...he can frame his never say die attitude and put it up in his living room for all I care...

BTW Greig also thought "these pakistanis [including Rana] are only good at" confronting, challenging, and fighting the opposition and umpires...

I guess you learned that from him as well...

and you forgot that Tony Greig also named "Rana" the man of the Series in the same competition.

Oh and I also remember you are Sami fan..i wonder when Sami was given a man of the series or he played a pivotal role in our series win ?

To add to Rana ICL glory, i can also comfortably add Pakistan's ODI Series win in India 2005 under Rana's belt. He was our top wicket taker in that series and sami was part of that squad too.

Last edited:
sehban said:
if the ball moves around, then the score will be a tough one to chase, so the first 20-25 overs are very important

I think so in order to achieve this score we have to adopt a safe and a steady approach, be aroun 100-110 for 1 around 25 overs and then take it from there becuz today the aussies bowling does not have a great amount of backup in haurtiz and hopes ( they might take wickets) but still i expect Pak to do well against them

Inshallah Pak will register first win of the tour today

Inshallah! :afridi

If Younis Superstar comes in at 3, the game is as good as gone.

And if Afridi comes in at 3, I'd gladly switch off all the lights, gather the minions, and watch as they serenade him until the corners of his mouth twitch upwards in contentment.

If i fall asleep can somebody plz wake me up when 2nd inn starts? :)

Easa said:
If Younis Superstar comes in at 3, the game is as good as gone.

And if Afridi comes in at 3, I'd gladly switch off all the lights, gather the minions, and watch as they serenade him until the corners of his mouth twitch upwards in contentment.

:))) :))) :)))

Brutal.

I am huge fan of rana, even though he annoys me a little at times with the amount of runs he gives... but he gives his 100 percent and always plays for the team, rather than for himself which is a big asset to have especially in a team like ours where some individuals who shall not be named play for themselves rather than for the team

Players like Rana and younis are a rarity in Pakistan, because they always play for the country, and for that only reason i will always keep them in my team

Salman Butt and Kamran Akmal are the openers, Peter Siddle to start the proceding
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pakistan | 0/0 | 0 Overs | Pakistan need 278 runs to win from 50 overs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Australia | 8/277 | 50 Overs | M Hussey 67, N Hauritz 53*, C White 44 | M Asif 3/42, S Ajmal 2/55, S Afridi 1/44
Australia won the toss and elected to bat first

Last edited:
sehban said:
I am huge fan of rana, even though he annoys me a little at times with the amount of runs he gives... but he gives his 100 percent and always plays for the team, rather than for himself which is a big asset to have especially in a team like ours where some individuals who shall not be named play for themselves rather than for the team

Players like Rana and younis are a rarity in Pakistan, because they always play for the country, and for that only reason i will always keep them in my team

THIS! :14:

Chaloh Bhaioo! Match is about to resume (Pakistan Innings) . Best of luck to them, inshallah they will win.

Back