Australia v South Africa | 3rd Test - Day 4 | SCG | 6/1/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the name of that woman cricketer they are showing in the nets, Aussie?

She looks good.

In her strokeplay.

Tony "these Pakistanis" Greig saying if bowlers not hitting crack then try someone else.
Aur Hayden nay lapait diya hay aur yeh chocka
Aus 53-1

Bludgeoning shot through mid wkt by Hayden for 4, didn't time it brilliantly but still went to the boundary

Lovely four wide of mid off this time, Haydos looking good, moves to 39

Hayden and Katich discussing when to get out and who should get out first. I see some disagreement as Katich was shaking his head. They both might go over 50 if they cannot get along

12thMan said:
Tony "these Pakistanis" Greig saying if bowlers not hitting crack then try someone else.
Aur Hayden nay lapait diya hay aur yeh chocka
Aus 53-1
:))

What's happened to Katich's shirt, is there a water shortage in Aus or has he been doing a bit of Swan Lake?

The Blazer said:
What's the name of that woman cricketer they are showing in the nets, Aussie?

She looks good.

In her strokeplay.

Probably Elyse Perry, they have shown her a few times this Test

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellyse_Perry

Represented Australia in cricket and soccer at the age of 16

Hayden doing some damage, lead now 180 and nearing impossible for the Saffers...

Last edited:
Nearly gone first ball again, inside edge leaving the ball but goes for 4, how did that miss

Now there's a surprise Hayden out to a stupid shot.

See ya, congratulations on a great career....

Before Ian chappell finishing "Morkel bowled lot better than those figures" Hayden removed by Morkel.

That was a nice French cut. Very difficult to do
disagreement between Chappell who says Captaincy 10% luck and Benaud who says 90% luck

Last edited:
I think I have just seen a ball bowled by Morkel which actually swung a little bit, next one certainly swung, off the bat of Ricky Ponting for 4! trade mark pull shot

Pitch it a little up. He is going to edge to any one of his favorite fielders starting from first slip to gully. This is the best time they can remove punter.

SA is perfectly capable of playing out 3 sessions. So Australia has to score little qiucker to have a god at SA in the evening.

Ponting seems in aggressive mood, might be some good cricket coming up

Australia has only 2 sessions so they have to score fast if they want to win

Aussies must have in the back of their mind the run chase in the first test, I think they will be defensive in terms of setting a total.

IronMan2009 said:
SA is perfectly capable of playing out 3 sessions. So Australia has to score little qiucker to have a god at SA in the evening.

Not on this pitch

good commentary team on to bring some hope. Slater, Healy and Nicholas
Aus 74-1 - lead of 192
ground filled with green shirts. Ntini back on for his 4th over
pulled for four by Ponting and lead of 200 now
McKenzie captaining SA. Strange as they have had Kallis and Boucher and someone else as VC last year. Quota system? But I think there is no VC in team. They picked a person because if there is a problem he is the one umpire talks to and it doesn't matter

Last edited:
Kallis is a buzurg sakhsiat. Respect to him and Katich for recognizing it

Ponting 36 runs off 30 balls, I think Ponting and Katich are playing playing different matches in different dimensions

please buy some sports memorabilia. there are limited stock of 100 bats with signatures of Australian 10000 run scorers . We need your monies

On_the_up said:
Kallis's figures 6-5-1-0

And that's because the 5 overs Katich faced, he didn't make a single run against Kallis and the same with the 6th over, only Ponting took that single..

50 partnersip. Ponting 40 off 40 and Katich 10 off 44
Aus 112-1 - lead of 230

And Ricky now lofts Harris over his head for another boundary, moves to 45 off 43 balls

Aus 237 ahead at lunch.

Katich making me glad I am at work and not watching him "bat"

Good to see Krapich doing his Chris Tavare impersonation again lol.

If these two muppets at the crease can add another 200-odd I reckon we'll be safe. This pitch almost looks as bad as the Dark Side of the Moon pitch in Mumbai back in 2004!

Random Aussie said:
Now watch Katich waste yet another start.......

RA yesterday you said this about the pitch............

This pitch is horrible, one of the worst pitches I have seen for a Day 3 wicket.

Questions will be asked.

Dont you think Katich has made a good start and put Aus in a good position.

Fish said:
RA yesterday you said this about the pitch............

Dont you think Katich has made a good start and put Aus in a good position.

Yes he has. He has made a lot of good starts lately and then gives it away. Either seems to bat fluently and give it away or bat like Boycott and kill us with boredom.

Saffers not having much luck with the pitch today it must be said. Was misbehaving alarmingly yesterday evening.

Hussey is trying to overcome his own problems at the moment and therefore don't think can be relied upon to necessarily play to the match situation.

And that fifty for the Katich

Australia are 282 ahead with 8 wkts in hand, If they scored another 120 runs in 20 overs, not that difficult, that would mean S Africa need 400 in 4 sessions with 9 wkts (due to Smith's injury)

Or just bat in 20-20 mode for 20 overs and get an even bigger lead, they can't go wrong surely. Don't know why teams don't really attack whole heartedly in test cricket when situation calls for it. (Needless to say, Gilchrist would have been ideal in this situation). Think they should promote Haddin.

Random Aussie said:
Now watch Katich waste yet another start.......

:batman: Another score between 30 and 70 for the Katman. Valuable runs though, just wish he would make a ton a bit more often.

300 ahead, 7 wickets in hand

Steyn wasn't even appealing, Clarke the new man in, no promotion for Haddin.

Kallis gets fingertips to a difficult chance off Clarke, goes for 4, Steyn the bowler

Given our popgun attack, we need quick runs now. Four sessions might not be enough even with these cracks on the pitch.

Australia should go for shots. They already got enough on the board. They can add another 100 for sure.

OZGOD said:
Given our popgun attack, we need quick runs now. Four sessions might not be enough even with these cracks on the pitch.

pop gun attack is a patent only for indian bowlers courtesy Geoffrey Boycott :)))

itduzz said:
pop gun attack is a patent only for indian bowlers courtesy Geoffrey Boycott :)))

Why doesn't that cowardly muppet Dubya declare? Surely he realises that our attack will struggle to take 10 (or 9) wickets even with 130 overs? And why haven't Clarke and Hussey stepped it up yet? Who cares if you lose wickets, treat it like a T20 game and smash as much as you can before tea. Do they know it's Day 4 and not Day 3?

Why are they treating Harris like Harbajan? Harris doesn't spin the ball (bit like Horroritz, really).

These guys are hopeless! Do they want to win the game or not?

Hussey's probably more worried about a red inker to get his average back up.

OZGOD said:
These guys are hopeless! Do they want to win the game or not?

They are afraid of losing now OG.

Looks like the signal has been given, both players attacking Ntini.

342 ahead.

Ntini seems to be a bowler who starts a series well and then fades

Like Zaheer Khan has tendency to do for India

Lead up by 352 runs. Score some 50 more runs quickly and then declare. Just cuz the Saffers managed to do it once doesn't mean they'll be able to do it every time.

I'm surprised the Aussies haven't got the Beast to dance on the pitch here ... seeing they throw oil on the pitch.

Morkel opening.... :)))

wat an insult to Aus team

:))) ...self pwnage...

Last edited:
JustAnotherFan said:
I'm surprised the Aussies haven't got the Beast to dance on the pitch here ... seeing they throw oil on the pitch.

Yeah it is so our gun spinner has an advantage :)))

If they wanted to open with a tailend then they should have send in Steyn who would have atleast stayed long on crease

LOL the Saffas are missing Smiffy already. McKenzie is clearly one sandwich short of a picnic.

I think if SA play positive, they can still do it...half the game is positive attitude and self-belief...

Oh and forgot to mention, the other half is luck too :))

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
Hussey's average back up to 59.36 Bub :)
Anyway, he is a good player and will remain so no matter whether his average dips or not. Let's be honest, we all knew it had to dip, and it did. Will it dip further ? I think yes. Not even Tendulkar, Ponting, Sobers, Richards, etc have been able to maintain such a high average throughout their careers.

Ponting now averages 56.87
He finishes with an average of 47.50 in the current Test series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back