Australia vs India | 2nd Test | Sydney | 03/01/08

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Given the interest in this series on PP, I thought it would be better if we created a separate thread for each days play.

So fire away with day 2's action in this thread.

Very intresting 1st session ahead. India need to knock over the Aussies tail otherwise i can see symonds flaying the indians all around the park and they will be facing 450-500 1st up. On a much slower wicket india will be looking to get past 200 atleast to stay in the series.

If India can wrap up the innings by 400 and then go on to score 700 like they did the last time here, India can still level the series!!

I think aussies current total is more than enough , looking at the 1st test where india were bundled out less than 200 twice it shows how vulnerable their batting line up is to aussies great bowling and fielding , also this pitch has bounce which will assist the aussie bowlers , i predict aussies will make about 480 and india will be bundled out for less than 270

India has to score at 3+ an over today. They cannot do MCG here as only thing can happen is pressure will build and wickets will fall. For MCG at one time I did think that India getting out early in first innings was good to produce a favorable result (or getting close to it) looking at the pitch but then they did the same in second innings

If india start of with same plan as last one and just look to block, block then they will come unstuck. India need to show some agression whilst batting like they did on last tour!

Will be at the game today, leaving in about 20 minutes.

Agree with everyone saying India need a change in approach, and Im not sure they've realised that themselves as they didnt bring Sehwag in like was expected of them. Dravid and Jaffer cannot allow themselves to get bogged down and have the game dictated to them like it was done in Melbourne

Wear a Paksitan shirt and do all you can to inspire fans from both sides. Take a whistle too so you can control the two sides along with hand gestures of tulla to control and direct the taunting

Symonds saying he is not walking and sometimes you get lucky and sometimes bad calls and they even out (paraphrasing here)

Lets see if Symonds can continue his "3rd" innings of the match and get a double hundred.

last 5 matches (including this one 2007-2008) Symonds averaging 124

Guys news from the Kolkata markets is that Bucknor effegies are going for a special discount 50% off! :)))

siddharth said:
:))) Tendulkar was way OTT yesterday.
he is same today. maybe a little less but washing the face couple of times can only wash only that much. It is potent and extreme stuff. Is there an new ad going on?

Last edited:
I think too defensive field by Indian team here. There should be one more close fielder when spinner is bowling to Lee

Another Symonds stumping appeal. very close and Bucknor who was the leg umpire didn't refer.

Just reporting :)
Mark Nicholas saying "surely Bucknor has to call the 3rd umpire" .... a lesson I guess when Daar and Harper??? didn't call for Pietersen catch in SL-Eng series but then on another appeal they did after a big deal was made

Last edited:
it looked out or very close to it. should have def. gone to 3rd umpire. Buckenori s blind

Lee LBW off Kumble - Bucknor says yes. lawry says strikes him outside the line (and he was playing the ball)

Lee forced to leave as Bucknor strikes.

12thMan said:
he is same today. maybe a little less but washing the face couple of times can only wash only that much. It is potent and extreme stuff. Is there an new ad going on?
Actully he is facing some kind of skin allergy!

Congrats Andrew
It woud have been better if you had walked when you were caught behind.

is every f*cking aussie bowler an allrounder/batsman too. They're f*cking sticking like superglue and scoring runs and at a decent clip too. 11 for 15 for Mitchell

tmac4real said:
is every f*cking aussie bowler an allrounder/batsman too. They're f*cking sticking like superglue and scoring runs and at a decent clip too. 11 for 15 for Mitchell
Maybe its the quality of the bowling they are facing.

Johnson out ct at midwicket off Harbhajan. He was going for a big one but ct at boundary. 28 off 30 balls
Aus 461-9

Last edited:
Inswinger said:
Maybe its the quality of the bowling they are facing.

maybe, useful runs 28 off 29 balls. Kumble got em now. I hope Clark doesn't make a mockery of us too.

Will Clark get a 50?
Anyhting can happen with the combination of the quality of this bowling attack and the quality of this umpiring crew!!

all out - 463.

4 lbw decisions!

Indian team took the light roller. players on the field. should be 3 overs before lunch

W63L35 said:
all out - 463.

4 lbw decisions!

o our great number 1 mod on pakpassion! there were almost 50 appeals and out of them 20 were plumb..so please, 4 lbw are nothing...btw did u see, Symonds was out again...3rd Time...cricinfo says that he was out..but the great Bukri didnt thought so

Last edited:
The aussie 'tail-enders' make 166 :| and last 257 balls :| (over 42 overs)

Last edited:
Make or break for Dravid. Is he going to stink it up like last game or is he going to show us some of his class!

Lee is not trying to hit the bat or wicket
Lunch
Ind 0-0 after 3 overs

Last edited:
Inswinger said:
WOW
Even Ravi Shastri is attacking Bucknor now.
where are you listening to this?
But I don't like board employed people as commentators - be it him (now) or Rameez and Aamir Sohail before

Was using a link for Star Cricket.
Wasim Akram and Rav Shastri commentating on that channel.

naach naa jaane aangan terha.

rahulrulezz said:
o our great number 1 mod on pakpassion! there were almost 50 appeals and out of them 20 were plumb..so please, 4 lbw are nothing...btw did u see, Symonds was out again...3rd Time...cricinfo says that he was out..but the great Bukri didnt thought so

Ponting was given LBW by benson when it was off the bat as stated by India's own and often biased Atul Wasson on Zee sports sport Planet program. I applaud Atul was this honesty.

BTW I was shocked by the number of nonsense appeals made by indian players during pak india series. They need to come out of the era of indian umpires supervising their match.

None of the indian umpires on icc elite panel despite of Gavasker holding high post in icc.

I was expecting this "blaming umpires motto" coming up during aus india series.

qaiser said:
Ponting was given LBW by benson when it was off the bat as stated by India's own and often biased Atul Wasson on Zee sports sport Planet program. I applaud Atul was this honesty.

BTW I was shocked by the number of nonsense appeals made by indian players during pak india series. They need to come out of the era of indian umpires supervising their match.

None of the indian umpires on icc elite panel despite of Gavasker holding high post in icc.

do u think its some kinda accompolishment that Pakistan has some....lol, i wonder why

qaiser said:

What are you talking.. lol If a batsman is given a chance at 0 and if he is getting a poor decision at 200.. then it is evened out?

Inswinger said:
Was using a link for Star Cricket.
Wasim Akram and Rav Shastri commentating on that channel.
thanks. I will try Star tomorrow to listen to some stuff. Akram unless he has improved was boring commentator but Shastri is good

qaiser said:

Thats right Aus is always right how dare us Indians raise our flithy unworthy toe nails against the true gentlemen and the ever honest 13 players of Ricky Ponting's side in which 2 have 'CRUSADER' Status :26:

Teams on the field. Dravid gives a sign with 2 fingers. Can't tell if that was to take guard or saying give me two chances
while typing this Dravid gets a four

purplehaze said:
Dravid strike rate at the moment: 400.00
Something to savor forever! :D
Is that in yen or dollars? He has faced 2 overs and only 4 runs

Jaffer out bowled swinging yorker by Lee
Ind 8-0

Last edited:
Wow, I can't see the match, but are they bowling really well or are these once again negative batting by indian batsman? This is the same pitch which Lee scored a 50 and Johnson 28 off 29. Why are they playing as if they're face an attack of Wasim/Marshall/Hadlee/LIlle?

Axcellent bowling this. Who wants to bet Hogg, Lee, Mitchell put together scored more than whole Indian team can score?

Aus has now 8 players with an average of above 40 in the current team. 10 above 20.

rahulrulezz said:
do u think its some kinda accompolishment that Pakistan has some....lol, i wonder why

It just make a strong point point that Indians are not good enough judge of right or wrong

Johnson is bowling much better than Lee right now

Last edited:
Brett Lee will take revenge for the Hammering he got at the hands of VVS and Dravid in the last series.

jackal786 said:
What are you talking.. lol If a batsman is given a chance at 0 and if he is getting a poor decision at 200.. then it is evened out?

I just want to state that the umpiring is bad so far in this match effecting both sides.
As fas as the stumping decision, it was not crystal clear out ( bails being displaced before foot landing on tv replay) and therefore third umpire gave benefit of doubt to the batsman

Rahul Dravid you P&*(&) OF &*&*&) why are you even playing ? Please someone get him out

crinfo states

"I like Steve Waugh's comments on walking...'If you have been breaking the speed limit when driving, do you hand yourself in at the nearest police station.'"

Back