Bangladesh (262 & 185/4) secure a historic Test win by 6 wickets against Pakistan (274 & 172) in the 2nd Test match to clean sweep the series 2-0

Who will win the 2nd Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How can you get outclassed, whitewashed in your own backyard by a not so strong team ? Pakistan Cricket hitting lowest of lows..

You can't expect others to step up by appointing someone who averages 28 as captain.at 35 years of age

That's outright stupid and demotivates everyone.

Shan Masood has to go ASAP. Even if somehow Pakistan miraculously win from here.
no offense to shan massood or anyone, but can't remember any batsman captain whose test average is < than his age

Shan Masood doesn't even deserve a place as a Batsman in the BD side , while he's the captain of Pakistan team. Made such a below average guy as the captain of the side for his PR skills.

Mark wood & co will have a field day vs bangladesh middle order
Last time they came to Bangladesh to play test series they won first match by 22 runs and they lost the match by 108 runs. This time England will win in 0.5 days.

Just tuned in.
match tantalisingly poised, with rain around the corner and clouds welling up - ah the drama.
- saw the card, good fightback by pak after loosing their T O cheaply.
- Pak need 10 wkts and will have to bowl out of their skins
- will also be a race against the weather, so will be interesting.....

Whatever the result - as an indian - i only hope Gambo, morkel, hitman VK and the team management are watching this closely.
Irrespective of the result - Bangla have shown their mettle and ability to tough out situations and have just lage rahe and lage rahe....this has to awaken guys in the Indian set up so as not to take BD lightly at alll...
and last i heard they are resting Jassi bumrah - why the fridge...!!

This dude Zakir packs a punch...Bangla going nice currently
They are keeping Bumrah fresh for BGT series.

You can't expect others to step up by appointing someone who averages 28 as captain.at 35 years of age

That's outright stupid and demotivates everyone.

Shan Masood has to go ASAP. Even if somehow Pakistan miraculously win from here.
Pakistan is nt winning from here. thats done and dusted. pitch is not a minefield .. our batters are complete trash

Bangladeshi players are very scared, they know they can't be taking their place for granted as situation is different in Bangladesh and if they perform poorly there is no hasina to back them up.

After the first match, people thought Pakistan couldn't perform worse, but in this test, Pakistan proved that this was just the beginning and that we could sink even lower . :kp

They are keeping Bumrah fresh for BGT series.
he's surely got enuf rest after T20 WC - Totally against it....the only way to get better for BGT is bowl overs and overs, am not sure but surely we would have minimum 2 tests with Bangla, he has to play one......as far as rest is concerned he can do it during IPL...this attitude of ours is pathetic

Not a good look for Pakistan.

But Bangladesh pacers have been very good. Forget spin. I am talking pace. Pakistan who have a proud and storied history of producing great fast bowlers have been outbowled in pace bowling by the tigers.

37/0.

BD need 148 more to win.
It's in the bag man. It's over now for Pakistan.

Very disappointing to be honest with pakistan bowling. I don't know what they are going to do vs england. They really need to consider making turning pitches and pick the best spin playing batsmen.

I genuinely liked this series. More exciting than ashes.

But Bangladesh pacers have been very good. Forget spin. I am talking pace. Pakistan who have a proud and storied history of producing great fast bowlers have been outbowled in pace bowling by the tigers.

Pakistan played 3 new pacers.

Mir Hamza is an FC veteran (has 400+ FC wickets) but he is new to international cricket.

Bangladesh should try to win Today itself .

Tomorrow will be High chance of the rain and drainage system is pathetic so entire day can washout .

of course its not a good look

not just bolwing but we have been outplayed in spin , batting too

Bangladesh should try to win Today itself .

Tomorrow will be High chance of the rain and drainage system is pathetic so entire day can washout .

Don't think they can get 148 runs in 1 session. They may lose wickets if they try that.

he's surely got enuf rest after T20 WC - Totally against it....the only way to get better for BGT is bowl overs and overs, am not sure but surely we would have minimum 2 tests with Bangla, he has to play one......as far as rest is concerned he can do it during IPL...this attitude of ours is pathetic
Bumrsh will play vs nz. I am sure 2 games he will play.

I believe he may get one game vs Bangladesh.

Vs Aussies my feeling is that he will play 3. Get rested for 2.

Don't think we are getting any play tomorrow. Forecast looks awful.

Pakistan should thank Agha Salman for saving them from a clean sweep. Bangladesh would have easily chased down 150 today.

Pakistan played 3 new pacers.

Mir Hamza is an FC veteran (has 400+ FC wickets) but he is new to international cricket.
Nahid is new too. Ebadot isn't playing. Taskin missed first game. Shoriful this game

I think Pakistan should've played Shaheen here. Experience counts.

Shaheen should've played instead of Mohammad Ali.

Shaheen can slog too.
Think Pakistan wanted to teach him a lesson. Which is fair. I get it from the selection point of view. Due to the whole captaincy saga

Think Pakistan wanted to teach him a lesson. Which is fair. I get it from the selection point of view. Due to the whole captaincy saga
all supposed superstars needed a boot. Babar and Rizwan too for creating chaos in last 12 months. everything came crashing down after defeat against India in colombo last year

Play about to start: First goal:

Shadman: Score 35 more runs (Target 43)
Zakir : Play 39 more balls

Baby steps

How can you get outclassed, whitewashed in your own backyard by a not so strong team ? Pakistan Cricket hitting lowest of lows..
Agree , they did a lot better against the Aus 6 months ago.. It was a full strength AUS side ,
Pakistan did put them on the backfoot in a couple of sessions even without Naseem shah who was blowing hot at that time gone out due to injury...

This team is simply the lowest of the lows...

I would send all of them home and play a completely new team under Sarfraz ahmed or Rizwan...

Just tuned in.
match tantalisingly poised, with rain around the corner and clouds welling up - ah the drama.
- saw the card, good fightback by pak after loosing their T O cheaply.
- Pak need 10 wkts and will have to bowl out of their skins
- will also be a race against the weather, so will be interesting.....

Whatever the result - as an indian - i only hope Gambo, morkel, hitman VK and the team management are watching this closely.
Irrespective of the result - Bangla have shown their mettle and ability to tough out situations and have just lage rahe and lage rahe....this has to awaken guys in the Indian set up so as not to take BD lightly at alll...
and last i heard they are resting Jassi bumrah - why the fridge...!!

This dude Zakir packs a punch...Bangla going nice currently
really? bumrah rested? India dont need bumrah against us to be honest but BD still will have a huge confidence boost seeing bumrah not bowling

I saw a thread lack of tarps at Rawalpindi won't give pakistan a chance to level the series. It is probably going to help pakistan from losing the test.

Pak annihilated SL last year in SL. and then entered legendary Shan Masood into the picture

Unlucky Bangladesh .
Bad weather is stopping them to clean sweep pakistan in pakistan .

Doable. Yes.

But, should they attempt? What if they lose many wickets?

I think they should aim to return tomorrow and finish the job.
Bangladesh will take the chance and has taken the chance. If they lost 2-3 wickets in a short interval, they'll take it slowly then.
But the biggest obstacle right now is the light. And also the Rain.

Lucky break for Pakistan. They should pray for game to resume tomorrow. Tomorrow's early conditions may suit their bowlers 👍🏻

This is total domination from Bangladesh. I am surprised, have never seen them play this way. It was always timid surrenders, now they arent afraid of attacking and have decent seamers who can bend their back

Rain or no rain looks like series win confirmed for Desh barring a miracle.

Never thought i would see this day in my life!

Another win loading

GL6RJal.jpg

This is total domination from Bangladesh. I am surprised, have never seen them play this way. It was always timid surrenders, now they arent afraid of attacking and have decent seamers who can bend their back

BD drew against NZ 1-1 (both home and away).

BD beat Afghans by 550+ runs in Test a few months ago.

Test team has been showing signs of improvements.

However, they got whitewashed by Sri Lanka also. That was a blow.

Rain plays stay away .Bangladesh superior to win this series by 2-0 . Rain please dont spoil the dreams of bangladesh

Pakistan has shown their true worth now time to support Bangladesh against India.LOL. hahah
Bangladesh Bangladesh

really? bumrah rested? India dont need bumrah against us to be honest but BD still will have a huge confidence boost seeing bumrah not bowling
yes, there was some talk about it but like @kron said, maybe for the first test only....on the flip side - its not like we have several steyn,marshall, hadlee, imaran, donald, anderson warming the bench or plying in the FC scene....i only hope they know what they are doing

Bangladesh has improved so much but we regressed so much. Naqvi needs to go as he will not do anything to improve our cricket. The guy is a politician has a craft to fool people.

BD drew against NZ 1-1 (both home and away).

BD beat Afghans by 550+ runs in Test a few months ago.

Test team has been showing signs of improvements.

However, they got whitewashed by Sri Lanka also. That was a blow.
Whitewashed by Pakistan also. Test team doing well(although not consistent) because of the fast bowling revelations. Gone are the days we relied on SLA after SLA. Otis Gibson and later Allan Donald has to be given credit for this

Just caught the highlights. Wow, Nabil is some talent. Reminds of Jofea Archer with that run up and deceptively fast. Very fast. He broke Pakistan middle order with some really good deliveries - taking all of them by surprise. The one to Babar was exceptional- 146 kph.

Meanwhile Pakistani bowlers reminding me of Indian trundlers of the 90s with harmlessly 120s and early 130 kphers that Bangladesh batters easily dealt with.

Whitewashed by Pakistan also. Test team doing well(although not consistent) because of the fast bowling revelations. Gone are the days we relied on SLA after SLA. Otis Gibson and later Allan Donald has to be given credit for this

Indeed.

Allan Donald was beneficial. So was Ottis Gibson. As a matter of fact, I read on social media that Ottis Gibson was more responsible for pacer improvements.

Just caught the highlights. Wow, Nabil is some talent. Reminds of Jofea Archer with that run up and deceptively fast. Very fast. He broke Pakistan middle order with some really good deliveries - taking all of them by surprise. The one to Babar was exceptional- 146 kph.

Meanwhile Pakistani bowlers reminding me of Indian trundlers of the 90s with harmlessly 120s and early 130 kphers that Bangladesh batters easily dealt with.
We in india still have a penchant for no name kumar's bowlign 125kmph and setting up their pie stall :)

Pak bowling regressed to the 90s bowling of India, but their batting is not even on the standard of 90s Pakistan, forget about 90s India.

Pakistan needs a serious system change.

We in india still have a penchant for no name kumar's bowlign 125kmph and setting up their pie stall :)
I don't think that's the general approach though. I am not a fan of blind pace merchants either. But the best thing about Nabid2is how he constantly kept it in the channel and also surprised the batters with the short rising stuff.

Seems Pakistan prepared a pitch tailor-made for him.

Pak bowling regressed to the 90s bowling of India, but their batting is not even on the standard of 90s Pakistan, forget about 90s India.

Pakistan needs a serious system change.
I think they are playing on a pitch which is very Aussie like.

If you can decent areas and at least late 130 kph or early 140 kph you can get some purchase on this pitch. Anything less will sit up handsomely for decent batters to play shots (provided they are positive in approach).

Pakistani batters didn't do their homework and didn't account for Nabid's extra pace.

I think they are playing on a pitch which is very Aussie like.

If you can decent areas and at least late 130 kph or early 140 kph you can get some purchase on this pitch. Anything less will sit up handsomely for decent batters to play shots (provided they are positive in approach).

Pakistani batters didn't do their homework and didn't account for Nabid's extra pace.
I dont think Pak batters even believed a BD bowler can have that pace

Pakistan need to get to 200 and hope for Abrar to come to the party
Abrar can only come for cake party after the match 😂. Bro come out of sleep and now put pak in the same bracket of ireland and zimbabwe. One shameful performance after another in last two years.

Abrar can only come for cake party after the match 😂. Bro come out of sleep and now put pak in the same bracket of ireland and zimbabwe. One shameful performance after another in last two years.

One issue I see with Abrar is he doesn't flight the ball.

All of his deliveries are similar in nature. His bowling reminds me of Anil Kumble.

Back