Bangladesh (262 & 185/4) secure a historic Test win by 6 wickets against Pakistan (274 & 172) in the 2nd Test match to clean sweep the series 2-0

Who will win the 2nd Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What should be our game plan against Team India ?
Stick to the same.

India will be a tough task though. Pakistan test team is finished so don't draw too many parallels between this series and what can happen against Indian.

I don't think that's the general approach though. I am not a fan of blind pace merchants either. But the best thing about Nabid2is how he constantly kept it in the channel and also surprised the batters with the short rising stuff.

Seems Pakistan prepared a pitch tailor-made for him.
Am also not for just pace only guys.
From the 4 attributes :
- Pace
- Bounce
- Swing
- Seam

You would need to display 2+ to be selected in an international squad
2.25 - you would get a lot of chances
2.5 - you are an automatic pic
2.75+ : the opposition is discussing you more than your team
3- you r special.

But 2 and below - you are solely conditions dependant.

take for eg a guy like arshdeep. Take away his LH factor (which is a rarity in indian cricket), he will not be an automatic pick in home series/Sc conditions - on a flat wicket and no overhead conditions, he is canon fodder.

What is promising with a guy like nahid is he was consistently probing at a length and asking questions all the tim with his pace.

if handled properly, with the right training guys like these lend a different dimension to their bowling attack.

With india- in last 2 years - i have not seen any attempt to introduce consistently any pace man -just the same 120 kmph kumar trundlers , day in and out... but however this time hope this changes and I am hopeful ofguys like Umraan getting more chances along with any young pacemen - come the home season.

Will you make any changes to the team? Go in with three pacers or replace Taskin with Taijul ?

I would almost keep it the same.

Maybe drop Shanto and get another batter.

Replace Hassan Mahmud with Shoriful.

That's about it.

From the 4 attributes :
- Pace
- Bounce
- Swing
- Seam

3- you r special.

take for eg a guy like arshdeep. Take away his LH factor (which is a rarity in indian cricket), he will not be an automatic pick in home series/Sc conditions - on a flat wicket and no overhead conditions, he is canon fodder.

What is promising with a guy like nahid is he was consistently probing at a length and asking questions all the tim with his pace.

if handled properly, with the right training guys like these lend a different dimension to their bowling attack.

With india- in last 2 years - i have not seen any attempt to introduce consistently any pace man -just the same 120 kmph kumar trundlers , day in and out... but however this time hope this changes and I am hopeful ofguys like Umraan getting more chances along with any young pacemen - come the home season.

Doesn't Siraj, Bumrah & Shami all bowl at around 140 - 145kph ?

46 Overs waisted today . Bangladesh would have won today , if they go 2 runs per over for that remaining 46 overs.

From the 4 attributes :
- Pace
- Bounce
- Swing
- Seam

3- you r special.

Arshdeep is not a red ball cricketer He couldn't even do well in county cricket He's flavor of the season in white ball cricket and credit to him he delivered when it mattered.

I am impressed with Akash Deep from what I saw in the Eng series. He was accurate, pacey and seamy. He can also play the workhorse role while Bumrah can be used in short spells.

I hope tommorow their is no rain, and bangladesh whitewash pakistan easily. These trash crickters don't deserve to drew the test.

I would almost keep it the same.

Maybe drop Shanto and get another batter.

Replace Hassan Mahmud with Shoriful.

That's about it.
I would drop Shanto as well and bring in Hridoy, even Drop Mominul against India as he avearages only 13 vs India and bring in Jaker. We need to keep playing four new youngsters and make them the next mushy liton etc

I would drop Shanto as well and bring in Hridoy, even Drop Mominul against India as he avearages only 13 vs India and bring in Jaker. We need to keep playing four new youngsters and make them the next mushy liton etc

I don't think Hridoy would be good for Test. He should stick to white ball cricket.

Maybe Bangladesh can try another batter.

I guess Pakistan has been lucky following interruption otherwise the way bangla approached it could have been over by today evening itself.
Probably match won't resume even tomorrow as prediction is not good for tomorrow. Anyways, it has been a timid cricket by Pakistan. Loose shot playing, misfielding and what not? Absolute rubbish and if positive steps aren't taken immediately I guess it's going hockey way. PLS. Play your domestic rungetters and who are they?
1) Kamran Ghulam
2) usman salahuddin
3) Ahmad shahzad
4) Huraiara
5) Ali zaryab
Why aren't they playing??
I guess major overhauling be done against England and players on merit be played
1) Huraira
2) Saim Ayub
3) Saud shakeel
4) Babar Azam
5) kamran Ghulam
6) Mubasir khan
7) sarfaraz (C)
8) zafar gohar
9) Amir jamal
10) Naseem shah
11) s.Afridi
The other squad members be
12) sahibzada farhan
13) abrar
14) usman sallahuddin
15) Rohail nazir
16) Hamza
17) khurram shehzad
18) shahdab(he should be directed to play first class test cricket)

Arshdeep is not a red ball cricketer He couldn't even do well in county cricket He's flavor of the season in white ball cricket and credit to him he delivered when it mattered.

I am impressed with Akash Deep from what I saw in the Eng series. He was accurate, pacey and seamy. He can also play the workhorse role while Bumrah can be used in short spells.
yes, i feel Akash deep shold be given chances - given the potential on display.

Following on my last post - the commonality or LCM and non negotiable for those 4 attributes i mentined in my earlier post is pace.
In addition to pace -u need good spades of the other three.
If you cannot bowl at a minimum of 135kmph dont bother turning up.
My point is yes- as someone above pointed out Siraj, Shami, jazz all wold be 140kmph +, but if any two are injury what is our backpup?
mukesh 115kmph kumar?
my precise point is which young guy other than umaraan and akash deep in the limited chances they got, have the default pace and got a consistent run?
i do not think bcci or team management have done justice in this aspect at all...

From the 4 attributes :
- Pace
- Bounce
- Swing
- Seam

3- you r special.

Why are you derailing this thread? We are not here to discuss Indian cricket team selection

The performance of the Pakistani team is a sad reflection of the quality of your domestic cricket and the quality of the players coming through the pipeline.

Where are our consistent 140 km/hr plus pacers in ODI and Test Cricket?

Where are our decent leg spinners, chinamen, off spin, left arm spinners in ODI and Test Cricket?

What are the performances of our Shaheen's, Emerging and U19 teams?

India is far ahead of Pakistan in all these areas and this is why they are number in rankings in all formats and are able to address any gaps in their international side immediately.

Pakistan has no short term fixes, the quality of local coaches in domestic cricket and academies is not good enough, the PCB should be looking to appoint foreign coaches at the domestic, shaheens, academies giving them full power, authority and tasking them with professionalizinguour grass roots within the next ten years. Sadly this will require a massive injection of funds which the PCB will likely not have

Sad day for bangladesh , they could have easily 110 for 1 or 2 at the end of the day today. Tomorrow condition is different hope they dont loose wicket like 26/6

How shocking. I expected pakistan to win this series and not the other way around. Club level team honestly.

I'm expecting a challenge from BD when they tour us later this year.

Accurate fast/fast medium bowlers , 2 quality spin allrounders - the bowling is exactly what you need in Indian conditions.

It's the batting that will likely cost BD in India.

But they'll offer a stiff challenge for sure.
Yep, our think tank better take note of this and not be underprepared for their bowlers.

Bangladesh fast bowlers Hasan Mahmud (five for 43) and Nahid Rana (four for 44) exposed Pakistan’s vulnerability outside the off-stump, giving their side a sniff of a 2-0 series win at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, of course, rains permitting

Chasing 185 for only their third series win outside home, Bangladesh were 42 for no loss in seven overs when play was stopped due to bad light, forcing an early closure with 46 overs still remaining. The weather forecast for Tuesday is not encouraging and both sides will be looking to the heavens, praying for contrasting outcomes.

When play was called off for the day, Zakir Hasan (31) and Shadman Islam (9) were at the crease.

Earlier, seven of the eight Pakistan batters were caught in the arc behind the stumps on the fourth day as the home side was skittled out for 172 in 46.4 overs, 33 minutes before tea. If Abdullah Shafique’s dismissal on Sunday is added, then eight Pakistan batters were left searching for their off-stump, which eventually led to their demise.

Pakistan had resumed their second innings on the penultimate day’s play at nine for two. Opener Saim Ayub (20), who was the first batter out on the fourth day, was the only batter to be caught in front of the stumps, snapped up by Najmul Hossain Shanto off Taskin Ahmed at mid-off. The other batter to avoid being caught behind the wickets was nightwatchman Khurram Shahzad, who was bowled on the final ball of Sunday’s play.

Shan Masood (28), Saud Shakeel (2) and Mohammad Rizwan (43) were caught at the wicket by Litton Das, while Babar Azam (11), Mohammad Ali (0), Abrar Ahmed (2) and Mir Hamza (4) were caught in the slips.

Credit for forcing these seven batters into false strokes must be given to fast bowlers Hasan Mahmud and Nahid Rana, who shared nine wickets between them, with one wicket also falling to fast bowler Taskin. It was quite a contrast, as Pakistan had lost their first six innings wickets on Saturday to spinners, with Mehidy Hasan Miraz picking up five wickets.

The only batter to offer some resistance was No. 7 batter Salman Ali Agha, who followed up his 54 with 47 not out – an innings that came off 71 balls and included six fours and a six. Together with Mohammad Rizwan (43), Salman put on 55 runs for the seventh wicket after Pakistan had slipped from 47 for two to 81 for six.

Starting the day at nine for two, Pakistan had their backs against the wall when they went for lunch at 117 for six, with Rizwan and Salman batting on 38 and seven, respectively. Interestingly, Bangladesh had also lost six wickets in the first session of the third day’s play while scoring 65 runs. After the first day’s play was completely lost, Pakistan had gone into lunch on day two at 99 for one.

Hasan Mahmud picked up his maiden five-wicket haul in his third Test, adding the scalps of Rizwan, Ali, and Hamza to his earlier wickets of Abdullah Shafique and nightwatchman Khurram Shahzad. He finished his workload for the tour with figures of 10.4-1-43-5.

Nahid dismissed Babar and added the wickets of Shan, Saud, and Abrar to end with impressive figures of 11-1-44-4. Since scoring 161 against New Zealand in Karachi in December 2022, Babar has had a difficult time with the bat in the traditional format, managing scores of 14, 24, 27, 13, 24, 39, 21, 14, 1, 41, 26, 23, 0, 22, 31, and 11. This makes 16 innings without a half-century, with an aggregate of 331 runs.

Scores in brief (day 4 of 5)

Pakistan 274 all-out, 85.1 overs (Saim Ayub 58, Shan Masood 57, Salman Ali Agha 54, Babar Azam 31, Mohammad Rizwan 29; Mehidy Hasan Miraz 5-61, Taskin Ahmed 3-57) and 172 all-out, 46.4 overs (Salman Ali Agha 47 not out, Mohammad Rizwan 43, Shan Masood 28, Saim Ayub 20; Hasan Mahmud 5-43, Nahid Rana 4-44)

Bangladesh 262 all-out, 78.4 overs (Litton Das 138, Mehidy Hasan Miraz 78, Hasan Mahmud 13 not out; Khurram Shahzad 6-90, Salman Ali Agha 2-13, Mir Hamza 2-50) and 42-0, 7 overs, (Zakir Hasan 31 not out)

If there is play tomorrow BD needs to survive the first hour. I think conditions for the first hour will be same as yesterday and we should not bet for another recovery job like first inning.

If BD survives the first hour for down of 1 wicket max that's 30-40 runs. The target goes down below 100 and I don't think we will lose from that. Somehow rest of the team will manage 100 runs of 9 wickets

Most of these batsmen's technique is incredibly poor even by Pak standards of the past. They do not cover the line off the ball outside off stump and just poke at deliveries aimlessly

Most of these batsmen's technique is incredibly poor even by Pak standards of the past. They do not cover the line off the ball outside off stump and just poke at deliveries aimlessly
not just poke , expansive drives away from body ....

If there is play tomorrow BD needs to survive the first hour. I think conditions for the first hour will be same as yesterday and we should not bet for another recovery job like first inning.

If BD survives the first hour for down of 1 wicket max that's 30-40 runs. The target goes down below 100 and I don't think we will lose from that. Somehow rest of the team will manage 100 runs of 9 wickets
Don’t understand why you are panicking?

Had BD lost 1-2 wickets tonight and not scored 40 for no loss in 6-7 overs, then you could probably wonder what may or may not happen.

Pakistan can only win this Test if they go ultra aggressive and look for 10 wickets in 2 sessions, they will have to keep the field up…BD will always have scoring opportunities available to them and their lower order is in good form

Had BD lost 1-2 wickets tonight and not scored 40 for no loss in 6-7 overs, then you could probably wonder what may or may not happen.

Pakistan can only win this Test if they go ultra aggressive and look for 10 wickets in 2 sessions, they will have to keep the field up…BD will always have scoring opportunities available to them and their lower order is in good form

As you mentioned, the lower order has held up, but not the top order. We might add 16 runs tomorrow and then lose 6 wickets in quick succession. We could be 58/6, and this time, Liton and Mehedy might not be able to bail us out.

As you mentioned, the lower order has held up, but not the top order. We might add 16 runs tomorrow and then lose 6 wickets in quick succession. We could be 58/6, and this time, Liton and Mehedy might not be able to bail us out.
Relax

It’s 2-0 Bangladesh

One glaring aspect within this squad is lack of confidence among the players.
They seem to be losing from impossible situations.
Totally consumed by fear which seems to have increased after Gillespie's appointment

Totally consumed by fear which seems to have increased after Gillespie's appointment

Shaheen was the only one who could look Gillespie in the eye because he has the stature. Not surprising the australian coach got rid of him. Probably playing aussie macho head games in the dressing room now, unchallenged.

One glaring aspect within this squad is lack of confidence among the players.
They seem to be losing from impossible situations.
I'm being 100% honest. Bangaldesh gifted those 6 wickets.

Khurram is good but he's slow, Ali is useless and boy was I wrong about him. Same with mir Hamza, he's useless.

The problem is none of these guys including shaeen post injury have any pace. Literally naseem Shah who was once your slowest bowler is now your 2nd fastest after rauf.

These guys don't have any pace to Faida? They'll never trouble any opposition unless their mcgrath but expecting these boys to bowl perfect line and length 24/7, forget about it.

Heck rauf was our best bowler in t20 wc, he was bloody expensive but got the most wickets mainly cause he's fast.

The fact I have more hope for rauf fixing his line and length then the rest of the lot improving pace is telltale signs.

The whole excuse of bowlers bowl slower in test that I'm hearing from everyone is bullcrap. Rana is bowling fast consistently, Hasan mahmud is bowling at 140 clicks consistently.

The rest are stuck at 120 to 131 max.

This bowling is trash and abrar has been off color. I still back abrar though, I think people are overreacting, however this was not his test. Besides abrar everyone else is a joke such as shadab and a few others etc.

Utterly embarrassing. Not in my worst nightmares did I think I'd see this happen.

Thanks Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Shan, Shafique and the PCB for putting us into such a situation.

Not panicking just stating that first hour tomorrow would be crucial. If we are again 6 down for 20 odd runs(+the 42 we scored today) I don't see us recovering twice

Utterly embarrassing. Not in my worst nightmares did I think I'd see this happen.

Thanks Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Shan, Shafique and the PCB for putting us into such a situation.
Amd the bowlers. That 26-6 was a fluke. Bangladesh threw their wickets away and in the 2nd innings their putting khurram in his place.

Bro our bowlers are club level.

Khurram: Good line and length but woman cricketer speed lol so no tension.

Ali and mir hamza: Grandpa speed and horrible line and length

Shaheen has lost his pace, and naseem who was bowling well

Rauf is pur best pacer now lmao 🤣🤣, he's expensive cause dude is a toothless bowlers but you can see why he picks up the most wickets in t20 and odi, it's cause atleast he's quick and can get something.

All these other guys are slow as molasses.

Rana is basically a faster version of rauf, he's toothless but it doesn't matter, our batters can't handle anything 140 and above. Their reactions are slower then a 90 year old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I'm gonna say one thing. Despite my anger towards rizwan, he's the only batter who can read spin and can read pace.

He got out cause he has a horrible Offside game, but unlike the rest who can't even read spin and process pace 140 and >, Atleast rizwan can read it.

Saud cam read spin, he struggles with pace but is still better then the rest of the joke lot.

Amd the bowlers. That 26-6 was a fluke. Bangladesh threw their wickets away and in the 2nd innings their putting khurram in his place.

Bro our bowlers are club level.

Khurram: Good line and length but woman cricketer speed lol so no tension.

Ali and mir hamza: Grandpa speed and horrible line and length

Shaheen has lost his pace, and naseem who was bowling well now also has a dad bod and sucks at bowling.

Rauf is pur best pacer now lmao 🤣🤣, he's expensive cause dude is a toothless bowlers but you can see why he picks up the most wickets in t20 and odi, it's cause atleast he's quick and can get something.

All these other guys are slow as molasses.

Rana is basically a faster version of rauf, he's toothless but it doesn't matter, our batters can't handle anything 140 and above. Their reactions are slower then a 90 year old.
Rana is like playing his third test, isn't it too early to say someone is toothless

Also I'm gonna say one thing. Despite my anger towards rizwan, he's the only batter who can read spin and can read pace.

He got out cause he has a horrible Offside game, but unlike the rest who can't even read spin and process pace 140 and >, Atleast rizwan can read it.

Saud cam read spin, he struggles with pace but is still better then the rest of the joke lot.

Rizwan has been the best batter for Pakistan. Both in terms of runs and comfortableness.

As per Google: We'll see sunshine around 2 PM tomorrow. May be 2 hours will be needed to prepare the ground. Maximum 30 overs will be possible then.
Hopefully, we'll see sunshine much more sooner than Google predicted.

As per Google: We'll see sunshine around 2 PM tomorrow. May be 2 hours will be needed to prepare the ground. Maximum 30 overs will be possible then.

Bd win is guaranteed.

If 30 overs are possible, game should be a draw.

Pakistan can just bowl at negative lines and dry up runs.

Shaheen was the only one who could look Gillespie in the eye because he has the stature. Not surprising the australian coach got rid of him. Probably playing aussie macho head games in the dressing room now, unchallenged.

Unfair to blame Gillespie, the team was not doing any wonders in test cricket even before his appointment. If anything, he is rightfully putting a lot of over rated non performing prima donna's on notice and rightfully so, a lot of players have not justified their price tags for a while now.

As i much I want Bangladesh to Win I feel there is more Chance for Pak to win tomorrow even if match happens for 30 overs..the reason is pak bowlers will be fresh..there will be assistance in pitch due to rain..BD players will have a mental confusion whether to go for a win or a draw..and historically BD players are not known well to handle pressure..unless a washout or Pak players decide to loose the game, I don't see BD winning it or play for a draw..

The Bangladeshi A team was here prior to this series, they turned up to practice in Pakistan weeks in advance. The PCB also made them play all their matches in Islamabad and Rawalpindi. You can clearly see the preparation paid off.

The performance of the Pakistani team is a sad reflection of the quality of your domestic cricket and the quality of the players coming through the pipeline.

Where are our consistent 140 km/hr plus pacers in ODI and Test Cricket?

Where are our decent leg spinners, chinamen, off spin, left arm spinners in ODI and Test Cricket?

What are the performances of our Shaheen's, Emerging and U19 teams?

India is far ahead of Pakistan in all these areas and this is why they are number in rankings in all formats and are able to address any gaps in their international side immediately.

Pakistan has no short term fixes, the quality of local coaches in domestic cricket and academies is not good enough, the PCB should be looking to appoint foreign coaches at the domestic, shaheens, academies giving them full power, authority and tasking them with professionalizinguour grass roots within the next ten years. Sadly this will require a massive injection of funds which the PCB will likely not have
Why do you have to compare with India in every post? Why not compare with Australia and try to become like them. They are the benchmark.

Bangladeshi pacers took all 10 wickets in 3rd innings of the ongoing 2nd Test.

This is a record for BD. It has never happened before (pacers taking all 10 wickets in a Test innings).

Prediction has changed a lot now. Mostly Rain is in the morning. There is a very good chance that we'll see some action around 12 PM.

Why do you have to compare with India in every post? Why not compare with Australia and try to become like them. They are the benchmark.

Pakistan and India have the same culture, weather, soil conditions. They are honestly speaking the best benchmark and guide for Pakistan Cricket to move forward. Within 20 years Indian Cricket has moved forward in almost every dept i.e. batting, fast bowling, spin bowling, fielding, fearless attitude.

Prediction has changed a lot now. Mostly Rain is in the morning. There is a very good chance that we'll see some action around 12 PM.

According to Accu Weather, the Weather Network, Google, rain and thunderstorms are predicted till 2-3 pm and then further rains at 5 pm.

Pretty embarrassing for Pakistan to be praying to the weather gods.

Wasim jnr should have played instead of mir Hamza at 120ks.
Wasim has got pace and can reverse the ball. He should be groomed he can serve Pakistan well.
He was the best pacer in world cup 2023.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on current weather on the ground? This series was supposed to be a run of the mill series between BD and pakistan. The spirit that Bangladesh displayed after being down and out at various phases is refreshing. Bangladesh very rarely click in both innings. That has been their problem. Out here they made sure they didn't have to bat too long in the first test in the 2nd dig.

Any news on current weather on the ground? This series was supposed to be a run of the mill series between BD and pakistan. The spirit that Bangladesh displayed after being down and out at various phases is refreshing. Bangladesh very rarely click in both innings. That has been their problem. Out here they made sure they didn't have to bat too long in the first test in the 2nd dig.
Fr, this series has been very exciting and what was suppose to be a filler ended up becoming the final season of the soap opera "The demise of Pakistan test cricket ".

It seems the weather will be a lot better than expected.

Back