Bangladesh (262 & 185/4) secure a historic Test win by 6 wickets against Pakistan (274 & 172) in the 2nd Test match to clean sweep the series 2-0

Who will win the 2nd Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As the ball gets older wicket taking will become harder and harder. Only stupidity can sink BD from here on or some freak spell by Agha salman.
you answered my concern brother. i am not afraid of the opposition team as much as I am afraid of our bodais(thats bangla for idiots)

You can't blame Pak bowlers given their skill set. THey maintained the line and length consistently. Pakistan has no magic ball bowlers in this line up. This pitch is a slow paced pitch. Once the ball gets older you have all the time in the world.

I haven't seen them try a bouncer or attempt to put the batsman on the back foot. After a while the line length stuff becomes predictable to a set batsman. You have to try something different instead of robotically doing the same predictable thing again and again

Even Shanto looks better than any Pakistan player and he's their weakest link. Shocking.
Because he's use to batting with tougher bowlers including his own bengali bowlers like rana and mahmud bowling to him in the nets.

If anything in suprised he gave away his wickets prior to this innings. Even a 28 avg batter like him should not struggle against the likes of ali and mir Hamza who look like their a better pick to audition for the women's cricket team.

I haven't seen them try a bouncer or attempt to put the batsman on the back foot. After a while the line length stuff becomes predictable to a set batsman. You have to try something different instead of robotically doing the same predictable thing again and again
Yea.. no X-factor in this line up.

The lack of hit the deck strength of the Pakistani pacers is concerning, the likes of Ali, Hamza and Shehzad are good at bowling 5-6 deliveries on the channel but that mostly works on good green tops but when the pitch flattens out or the batsmen are well set you need to be able to bowl a heavy ball. Bangladeshi bowlers troubled Pakistani batters with bouncers but the Pakistani bowlers in contrast did not have the same venom.

Urooj is talking about England visit. Nasser Hussain will be favorable towards Pakistan. "They can lose to bangladesh one day. But they can beat England another day"

Bangladesh should actually be ashamed. I'm not even kidding. How on earth can you not beat the daylights out of this team by 10 wickets and give away 26-6?

Makes zero sense.

23 more runs needed to get the chase come down under 50. I just need this 23 runs from Shanto n Mominul.

Urooj is talking about England visit. Nasser Hussain will be favorable towards Pakistan. "They can lose to bangladesh one day. But they can beat England another day"

Whitewash to Bangladesh in test cricket at home is going to unleash the firing squad, there will be massive pressure from the media, ex players and fans which will influence selections for the English series. A lot of the players in the team need a series time out and to be replaced by fresh faces.

Mir Hamza screams as if he's gonna tear his right shoulder apart only to have squiward bowl faster then he does.

Im still confused.. I don't know whether Bangladesh has improved alot or Pakistan making them look like a world class team.

Bangladesh is coming to India later this month, that will show the standard of pakistan team.

India will beat this Bangladesh team. Pakistan is a bottom ranked minnow team in all formats now.

without mini drama we just dont feel like winning most of the time..lets see what happens today..so far no drama
There is no need of drama here. No threat whatsoever. Also Bangladesh doesn't have to worry about time like India needed 61 runs in 12 overs with 5 wickets in hand at the Gabba.

Too young and hasn't played FC cricket. Same goes for Ali Raza.

These guys are 3-4 years away if they even make it.

They shouldn't even be in the reckoning till they have played atleast 3 seasons of first class cricket, have solid numbers in the Champions 4 day cup, solid performances for the Shaheen's. This should be the standard for selection for the Pakistani team

Can i apologise for calling shanto Shan masood? When he's clearly superior to all of Pakistan test line up?

You have to try something different instead of robotically doing the same predictable thing again and again
I seriously doubt the pak bowlers approach in first class.if they are so dumb ,Gillepsie should help them out

Bangladesh have an exciting pace bowling attack now. Ripon Mondol is another pacer I'm looking forward to.

It is equally important for Bangladesh to find a new commentator. Athar as usual is ruining the good moments in style.

As the moment comes near,half of ppers hope shan goes after bng sweep and other half hopes for Babar's captaincy ouster after usa debacle.

The significance of 2-0 scoreline is hitting me now. As a Cricket fan, I am sad. Just get done with it Bangladesh, stop torturing us 🥹

Im still confused.. I don't know whether Bangladesh has improved alot or Pakistan making them look like a world class team.

Bangladesh is coming to India later this month, that will show the standard of pakistan team.
BD has improved in test cricket, not a lot but certainly improved. if you follow BD tests for last couple of years you would know. beat NZ in NZ, Beat SL in SL, Beat NZ, AUS, ENG in Bangladesh. the performance is not consistent though. all of these were possible because BD fast bowling have improved

Having said this BD is not a world class team. no where near. this series has shown BD improvment along with Pakistan going down. Pakistan recently got beaten by USA in T20 World cup, they are certainly not in a place they would like to be

India will beat BD easily if India take BD seriously. if India do not take BD seriously, BD can do damage. India itself found that out recently when they won a match by 3 wickets only, was chasing 147 and at a time was 74/7

USA has chased recently. Pakistan is losing their reputation of defending low totals slowly but surely.

Just Listen to him. He always misses the context of saying of his fellow commentator. He unnecessarily goes on praising Bangladesh time and again. That sounds ugly.
Urooj used to be like that. A big babar fan girl. Now she has improved a lot staying neutral as much as possible.

That guy has the habit of jumping the gun too soon and getting facepalmed. He is more a cheerleader than commentator.
Correct. You have to focus on different aspects of the game as a commentator. Otherwise you shall be boring. And also needs to understand what the fellow commentator is trying to day.

It is equally important for Bangladesh to find a new commentator. Athar as usual is ruining the good moments in style.
I grew up listening his voice. His commentary might be awful but his voice remind me of my growing up and give me comfort. Heck I've seen him playing around 1997/98 when I was just a kid.

He looks older but the guy is definitely in the body of a 10 year old.
Yeah but he wasnt a bad test cricketer, but he's been crao for a while, but it doesn't matter, he won't struggle against these woman cricket pacers.

A fitting end to the session with a comedy of errors. A perfect representation of Pakistani cricket right now.

its a high time we should understand that we do not have much talent left in our cricket. We have very limited talent. Back in days we used to produce good cricketers every now and then but now its complete famine.
Back in 2019 when departmental cricket was forcefully closed and we reduced the number of teams in domestic cricket which resulted in u employment and good players leaving pakistan domestic cricket snd flying to foreign countries.
The players who were called superstars 2-3 years back are now find out by all good teams. And they worked them out.

Why make fast bowling pitch when you don't have fast bowlers and our batsmen are unable to play them.

its a high time we should understand that we do not have much talent left in our cricket. We have very limited talent. Back in days we used to produce good cricketers every now and then but now its complete famine.
Back in 2019 when departmental cricket was forcefully closed and we reduced the number of teams in domestic cricket which resulted in u employment and good players leaving pakistan domestic cricket snd flying to foreign countries.
The players who were called superstars 2-3 years back are now find out by all good teams. And they worked them out.
Not true!!! Our team got selected based on T20 rather than domestic performances.

I grew up listening his voice. His commentary might be awful but his voice remind me of my growing up and give me comfort. Heck I've seen him playing around 1997/98 when I was just a kid.
Same to me though i am older to you. I am watching cricket live since 1989 . My first tournament on tv was Neheru cup. I watched Athar live being the first MOM winner in our cricket history against Srilanka in Asia cup probably in 1990.Athar was definitely a much better player than being a commentator.

Shan Masood fans deserve this humiliation. @topspin @RedwoodOriginal
I hope he gets the same criticism that Babar has received over the past three years or so. It’s high time to understand that cricket is a team game, not a one-man show. The team wins when everyone performs. No player can hold another player back and stop him from playing his role in international cricket. Babar was not responsible for other players mis performances which caused the failure of team in last 3 years. It can be selection, favioratism yes

Most of these players don't play fast class matches. A T20 team for test match. Its bound to happen.

Too depressing to watch. Since the end of 2022 something is terribly wrong with Pakistan cricket.

If Babar was still captain and Pakistan would have been whitewashed by BD at home, this forum would have been a bloodbath.

The Shan Masood fans would have told us that Pakistan would have demolished Bangladesh if Shan was captain because he has great cricketing acumen, he is intelligent, he is educated, bla bla bla.

Not true!!! Our team got selected based on T20 rather than domestic performances.
Ok so you have high hopes for farhan, kamran ghulam, huraira and others. Good luck to you. They are also average players. Coming up from this type of domestic system, it needs a patience, high support from senior players (which we used to have in old days and we kept on producing talented cricketers who performed well internationally) or a high class talent to excel in todays international arena

Day 5: Lunch Break - Bangladesh need 63 runs

PAK 274 & 172
BAN 262 & 122/2 (34) CRR: 3.59

Same to me though i am older to you. I am watching cricket live since 1989 . My first tournament on tv was Neheru cup. I watched Athar live being the first MOM winner in our cricket history against Srilanka in Asia cup probably in 1990.Athar was definitely a much better player than being a commentator.
Those were some days when we waited to see Bangladesh playing in Asia cup against India and Pakistan so that we can see the matches live on tv. Otherwise I have mainly listened cricket match on radio in my childhood times. Those were the time I always cherish.

This has to be the lowest point in Pakistani cricket.

Being swept at home in tests is obviously humiliating. Independent India has never been swept at home.

But getting swept by Bangladesh, who with all their improvements are still one of the minnows of world cricket should be grounds for a fans association using the board and players to return their salaries.

Naw, Mir Hamza got selected due to red ball performances in quaid E azam trophy, Same qith saud shakeel.

The grassroot level is rubbish ever since the misbah, Naqvi and ramiz trio entered

Bangladesh 63 away from history.

Actually looks a decent batting lineup with Miraz at 8.

But can they do it against Ashwin-Jadeja-Axar on turning tracks of Chennai & Kanpur?

This has to be the lowest point in Pakistani cricket.

Being swept at home in tests is obviously humiliating. Independent India has never been swept at home.

But getting swept by Bangladesh, who with all their improvements are still one of the minnows of world cricket should be grounds for a fans association using the board and players to return their salaries.
We were swept 2-0 at home by South Africa.

Pakistan's test team looks weaker than Zimbabwe & even Ireland.

Need to draft in domestic stars asap.

Back