Bangladesh v India | Asia Cup | Karachi | 28/06/2008 | BD inns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The opening match in the second phase of this tournament which sees Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka playing each other once before the top 2 battle it out in the final.

India and Sri Lanka of course have the advantage at the moment of carrying 2 points into this phase of the tournament.

Full remaining fixtures :-

Sat 28
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT 7th Match, Super Four - Bangladesh v India
National Stadium, Karachi

Sun 29
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT 8th Match, Super Four - Pakistan v Sri Lanka

Mon 30
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT 9th Match, Super Four - Bangladesh v Sri Lanka

July 2008
Wed 2
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT 10th Match, Super Four - Pakistan v India

Thu 3
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT 11th Match, Super Four - India v Sri Lanka

Fri 4
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT 12th Match, Super Four - Pakistan v Bangladesh

Sun 6
16:00 local, 10:00 GMT Final - TBC v TBC

Last edited:
Toss Ashraful has chosen to bat. "Every one is fit and positive. Farhad Reza will be in for Dollar Mahmud."

Dhoni: "The pitch looks a bit different. May be it will help spinners." Sehwag, Chawla and Praveen Kumar out. Ojha will make his debut." Robin Uthappa and Gony too are in."

oh cool .....ojha has been in the reckoning for some time now ....very intelligent bowler !

No offence 'Asians' - I'm watching the Eng v NZ clash today.

Lot of needle in this one!

Saj said:
Toss Ashraful has chosen to bat. "Every one is fit and positive. Farhad Reza will be in for Dollar Mahmud."

Dhoni: "The pitch looks a bit different. May be it will help spinners." Sehwag, Chawla and Praveen Kumar out. Ojha will make his debut." Robin Uthappa and Gony too are in."

Talk about American influence.... what a :poodle name ?

Toss Ashraful has chosen to bat. "Every one is fit and positive. Farhad Reza will be in for Dollar Mahmud." Chappelli couldn't hold himself back: "The dollar is down today."

:O :O :))

These kind of tracks are a shame, so flat as hell

Even wasim saying there is nothing there for the pacers, and they should bowl wicket to wicket

Attachments

• 08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 1[(006256)11-53-57].JPG
    08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 1[(006256)11-53-57].JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 51
lollol said:
These kind of tracks are a shame, so flat as hell

Even wasim saying there is nothing there for the pacers, and they should bowl wicket to wicket

My advice - turn to Sky Sports 1 - pitch is full of juice.

^watching both matches :D

btw, speedgun is already showing speeds without a ball being bowled :)))

Attachments

• 08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 1[(014770)11-58-49].JPG
    08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 1[(014770)11-58-49].JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 51
lollol said:
^watching both matches :D

btw, speedgun is already showing speeds without a ball being bowled :)))

:)) :))

looks like they randomly choose sppeds to be put on the screen after a ball is bolwed

Speed guns in this tournament are a joke.

They show speeds before anyone has bowled...

And then dont show any speeds during the game!

Why Star even bother broadcasting the speeds?

This is BULLL, Indians seems to have inherited a bit of Kamraness in them, dropping catches left right and centre. Come on boys what is going onnnnnnnn HOLD ON TO THOSE CATCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Romali_rotti said:
Who is Ohja ??? havent heard of this kid before..

He is a spinner with great potential. Being tried in place of Chawla. Good to see that new guys like Ojha and Gony have been given a chance here.

I have lost count of the new guys we have tried lately

Bangla cricketers and their immature approach to batting,what was wrong that Nazim Uddin,wafting outside off stump.
Really silly.

Romali_rotti said:
Who is Ohja ??? havent heard of this kid before..

hes been around for couple of years ..left arm spinner , quite tall ....has good variations to his bowling & has won quite a few matches for hyderabad in domestic ...but is quite poor with the bat!

I think the pitch will help spinners in the second innings & bangla has few decent ones ....if they get 220+ it might not be that easy for india !

DOOSRA95 said:
Bangla cricketers and their immature approach to batting,what was wrong that Nazim Uddin,wafting outside off stump.
Really silly.
Nazimuddin is crapper than crap. He should only be in the T20 team.

Unless your team is playing, this Asia Cup makes painful viewing....

Contrasted with the game at Lords at the moment....

Congrats to Tamim Iqbal for getting 1000 ODI runs, 11th Bangladeshi to reach the landmark. And 2nd in the Asia Cup after Alok Kapali.

this match is being played in total silence
total of 3 people in the grounds, or it feels like

Oxy said:
Unless your team is playing, this Asia Cup makes painful viewing....

Contrasted with the game at Lords at the moment....
Agree man :)

Still watching both matches, cause india at least try some new guys, so there is something NEW to see. Something PAK will never do :dna

off to a good start bangla ....53 /1 10 overs ....dont see any intensity from the indian players , hope we are not taking this lightly !

9.4 I Sharma to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, Gorgeous straight drive. Tamim leaned into it well and caressed it down the ground. The head was over the ball and the right elbow very high.

for the "no talent" crew

Bangla Tiger said:
9.4 I Sharma to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, Gorgeous straight drive. Tamim leaned into it well and caressed it down the ground. The head was over the ball and the right elbow very high.

for the "no talent" crew
LOL! For a talentless batsman he is not doing too bad is he?

Great batting by Bangladesh I wanna see a good chase, hopefully Ashraful will get a 100 here..

Ashraful at is best ,when he is set he let his team down.
Captain Silly.

Romali_rotti said:
Great batting by Bangladesh I wanna see a good chase, hopefully Ashraful will get a 100 here..
paaji, he is already out ;)

Watching on illegal streams, he :p

jusarrived said:
off to a good start bangla ....53 /1 10 overs ....dont see any intensity from the indian players , hope we are not taking this lightly !
The stadium's empty and there is no rivalry between the two
I hope there isnt a minnow upset around the corner

Ohja to bowl!

He will be very successful against pakistan!

Our SB need to watch Suresh raina and Tammim how a left hander bats and imposes himself on medium pacers .ok :butt

speed_thrills said:
India bowling is a joke.
even minnows are bashing us. :pissed:
Chill dude! It's not the fault of your bowlers all the bowlers struggling in these pitches.

jusarrived said:
wat a catch by the most under rated keeper in the world !
Wow, u dare to say this, really

Since when did dhoni become under-rated?????

bdchamp20 said:
Chill dude! It's not the fault of your bowlers all the bowlers struggling in these pitches.

I know, but u guys always suck against PAK and SL, but feast on our bowling.

Sidharth Jatia: "The thing with Ishant is that he hasn't been able to live up to the hype surrounding him, even in the IPL and there after. In fact, as is the case with most Indian bowlers, they tend to forget their stock deliveries which get them to be successful and concentrate on "variations" which in turn render them variety but not the same amount of accuracy. Case studies: Ishant's focus on outswingers this series and Irfan's long gone in-dippers."

Rajasekhar: "Spot on, Siddharth Jatia. That's why you see so many Indian quicks falling by the wayside after a meteoric rise early on - L. Balaji, Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar .. the list is long. Wonder why the coaches don't address this." I remember Nehra lost his big inswingers in pursuit of the one that goes away.

speed_thrills said:
India bowling is a joke.
even minnows are bashing us. :pissed:

When you have more time, you should open an indian negativity club

Indiafan said:
When you have more time, you should open an indian negativity club

I cant stand mediocrity.

I have high expectation from my time.
so, thanks 4 ur advise.

Can someone post the clip of Ohja's wicket ?? Cricinfo reckons it was a 'ripper'

speed_thrills said:
I cant stand mediocrity.

I have high expectation from my time.
so, thanks 4 ur advise.

I have hardly seen u praising an Indian player

speed_thrills said:
Becasue none of the indian bowlers are praiseworthy.

as per me.

Good to see some Indian fans ready to admit their bowlers are rubbish, rather than claim Ishant "averaged 60 in Aus" is a Superstar bowler

its a flat track...only someone as good as akhtar can do anything here.

if u rely on swing/movement (akram), this pitch isnt for u.

Sher-e-BD said:
This Chawla and Ojha will be very good spin duo for IND.
There spinners do look very good, Harbhajan might find it hard to get back in the team.

speed_thrills said:
Becasue none of the indian bowlers are praiseworthy.

as per me.

I said players not bowlers alone. i have only seen you praising player who are not in the team currently. When even greats of the game praise our bowlers, you dont find them worthy? Says everything, doesnt it?

bdchamp20 said:
There spinners do look very good, Harbhajan might find it hard to get back in the team.

Lolz! Anyone can look good against your lot. We absolutely ripped that Chawla to pieces and Ojha could well suffer the same fate.

Mind you, we destroyed Harbhajan too :)))

cars112 said:
Good to see some Indian fans ready to admit their bowlers are rubbish, rather than claim Ishant "averaged 60 in Aus" is a Superstar bowler

Hold on, I consider them as rubbish as their Pakistani Counterparts.
And pls don bring in AAG, as it will never ignite again.

Romali_rotti said:
Can someone post the clip of Ohja's wicket ?? Cricinfo reckons it was a 'ripper'
It indeed was a beauty!

I think i missed it recording.. looking for it

Look where the ball is, and where the bails are :D

Attachments

• 08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 2[(011586)14-08-43].JPG
    08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 2[(011586)14-08-43].JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 46
cars112 said:
Lolz! Anyone can look good against your lot. We absolutely ripped that Chawla to pieces and Ojha could well suffer the same fate.

Mind you, we destroyed Harbhajan too :)))

And Afridi got hit gainst india, so using your logic Afridi is cr@p too?

Bangladesh on track to put up a decent score... Come onn lets see a good chase..

Well well, what is raina trying to do there :D

Attachments

• 08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 2[(064748)14-43-38].JPG
    08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 2[(064748)14-43-38].JPG
    48 KB · Views: 35
lambu not bowling that fast today.

Yes, it is a dead track, but bowling at express pace might help against these batsmen

Attachments

• 08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 2[(069213)14-46-22].JPG
    08-06-28 - Setanta Sports 1 - 2[(069213)14-46-22].JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back