British Pakistanis, less successful compared to North American Pakistanis?

It's either you or GM who wrote that you wouldn't go to Britain even if paid for it.

Anyways, like I said, maybe you don't hate UK but I've seen many such occurrences of american immigrants putting down other countries because of how much they like America.

I'm not from Britain so I don't really care what you think of it or of America, although I'm a little disappointed with the strong opinions about people you don't seem to have interacted with. I honestly expected better.

You can still take a step back and you will see that, other than Shan and KKWC, no BritPak is putting Ampak downs because they are only trying to relativize the non-sense this thread is.

And certainly none is doing comparisons like ''AmPak earn 80k a year while BritPaks earn 25k a year, take that''.

That only shows you the difference in mentality. If PPers are anything to go by, this thread only tells me that I'd rather settle in UK than in US.

I didn't say it, in fact at one point in this thread I said that I would love to meet all BritPaks on this forum one day, even the ones I don't agree with.

As for putting anyone down. I think all of sudden everyone is become very PC. If you go through the entire thread, there was a lot of putting down from both sides. My main argument was "measure of success" and how AmPaks are successful. I'm sure in any thread of such nature, tempers are bound to go up and a little bit silliness is expected. I would refer you to other threads of such "me vs. you" topics which have gone way more chaotic and ugly and had to be deleted altogether. (You've been part of such threads yourself) So lets not pretend to be all angelic here. This thread asked a valid question and I think in the end we are getting towards a consensus. In any case, my last two cents and if someone has a genuine question I would be happy to answer.

:)) Oh God, lets not be so touchy now....

lols, it just reminded me of college, i used to ask girls what they thought of guys i knew they didnt like in front of them, then the guys would look longingly at them and the girls would say something like, hes good looking....... in his own way, or even worse, he has inner beauty.... :gul

This is what comes to my mind when I think about Brit Pakistanis.

That's just offensive and childish.

You don't even know the ethnicity of people in those pictures. Sure, some may be Pakistanis, but there's also a chance some of them might be Somali, Bengali and Indian. Regardless of what their ethnicity is, I'm pretty sure those people only represent a small minority of the entire British Muslim population. Even if they want Shariah, what's wrong in them asking for it? At least they're not out on the street dealing drugs and robbing people? If they're doing it in a peaceful manner, then they should have every right to do so. It's not as if it's going to be implemented anyways - Let them be.

All you've shown is your narrow minded viewpoint towards Muslims.
Come back when you have an actual contribution to make to this thread.

Last edited:
That will be interesting to follow. Will the AmPaks of the future generations still represent a separate identity like the Jewish or Hispanics or will they just blend into the general melting pot of American miscellaneous?

It will be interesting. I think whatever way it turns out, I just hope we don't become isolated and marginalized like some other communities, something which we have been doing good to prevent so far. I personally prefer we get integrated. If our future generations want to stay in US, they should think of themselves as Americans first and Pakistani later.

lols, it just reminded me of college, i used to ask girls what they thought of guys i knew they didnt like in front of them, then the guys would look longingly at them and the girls would say something like, hes good looking....... in his own way, or even worse, he has inner beauty.... :gul

I can relate to that bro. One time a girl I liked told me "Im cute", which at that time I thought was a pretty good compliment but later found out it was just her way of telling me that I'm not good enough for her. :malik

I didn't say it, in fact at one point in this thread I said that I would love to meet all BritPaks on this forum one day, even the ones I don't agree with.

Must be GM then.

As for putting anyone down. I think all of sudden everyone is become very PC. If you go through the entire thread, there was a lot of putting down from both sides.

I am talking about real life experience and reads rather than you. I don't think that anyone can argue with the fact that newly Americans or newly British seldom have enough ''step-back'' to jude other countries relatively to their adopted country, esp when Pak and US are the only countries they have ever experienced.

It's also one of the reasons the books you quoted above quickly go into a repetitive circle jerk comparison between homeland and adopted land. Same for newly discovered atheists from Pak, Afg or Somalia (aiming at nobody here), those books are so mediocre from an atheist stand (or not) that nobody would care about them weren't they from the pov of a Pak/Afg.

My main argument was "measure of success" and how AmPaks are successful. I'm sure in any thread of such nature, tempers are bound to go up and a little bit silliness is expected. I would refer you to other threads of such "me vs. you" topics which have gone way more chaotic and ugly and had to be deleted altogether. (You've been part of such threads yourself) So lets not pretend to be all angelic here.

Yes, I was also dead serious when I said East Punjabis are tiny people as opposed to tall West punjabis. Those threads were precisely deleted because most people were unseriously trolling each other without believing in what they wrote which, other than GM, nobody is doing here.

I can relate to that bro. One time a girl I liked told me "Im cute", which at that time I thought was a pretty good compliment but later found out it was just her way of telling me that I'm not good enough for her. :malik

In keeping with the general level of posting in this thread then I'll chalk that up as a win for Brit Paks Vs AmPaks as ElRajas never had that done to him. Clearly British Pakistanis are more successful with the ladies.

Did you thank her for the compliment? :yk

One famous guy of AmPak is that Khan Academy bloke, Salman Khan. That guy is a legend and will leave behind more of a legacy than any sports/TV personality.

So true. I am big fan of that guy. Nothing to do with Ampak or BritPak but anyone doing that work will leave a fantastic legacy which can be matched by very few.

In keeping with the general level of posting in this thread then I'll chalk that up as a win for Brit Paks Vs AmPaks as ElRajas never had that done to him. Clearly British Pakistanis are more successful with the ladies.

At least, he is cute in his own way. I'm sure ElRaja got friendzoned with inner-beauty or, worse.

Khan Academy guy would be a great example if he wasn't an Indian Bangladeshi. Sorry AmPaks back to the drawing board for you.

British or American, as long as you're Pakistani, love your motherland, uphold your religion, help you fellow community and speak out against injustice/terrorism by your host nation, you are successful.

The uncle tom syndrome is prevalent in some overseas Pakistani's who forget their background only to look in the mirror with shock. These are often the so called secular liberals who think they are somehow more superiour because they have fully adopted the western secular lifestyle which they feel is more civilised. In reality they have slave mentality and are confused individuals. A couple on this forum.

I totally agree.

Does success for American Pakistanis consist of losing your roots, forgetting about your motherland, losing sight of your religion, in an attempt to assimilate into a culture that is completely different than the one you used to live in/your ancestors used to live in? While the majority of British Pakistanis have shaped their environment to fit their own cultural and religious needs, American Pakistanis have shown a failure in this regard. American Pakistanis can bring up all the statistics about higher rates of education, lower unemployment rates, and higher prevalence in a variety of jobs in the labor force in comparison to British Pakistanis, however they will never be able to compare to the involvement British Pakistanis have had in their country's media, sports leagues, politics, and even on the level of upholding true cultural and religious values. Education rates are also increasing for British Pakistanis, and their influence will only grow stronger. The true question is: Will American Pakistanis ever be able to make an influence/impact towards their country (while at the same time upholding cultural and religious values) to the extent that British Pakistanis have? IN my opinion, it's nothing but a wet dream for American FOBS/Freshies, whereas American born Pakistanis have already given up on trying to make a difference. I suspect that deterrents such as a lack of willpower and motivation and discrimination will hinder American Pakistanis. The hole is just being dug deeper and further as propaganda is on the rise in the American media.

Last edited:
So true. I am big fan of that guy. Nothing to do with Ampak or BritPak but anyone doing that work will leave a fantastic legacy which can be matched by very few.

obvioulsly, hes bangladeshi i think

I don't know about British Girls, and i mean the native British.. but here in US, american girls are very open and dont consider your race/religion and judge you only as the person you are..have got lots of compliments from them. i am not sure British girls are that broadminded.

Sure man. AmPaks still learning the ropes when it comes to the ladiss.:rana

Did you thank her for the compliment? :yk

Thanks her ?? How odd would that must have sounded

Girl: Oh you're cute !

Me: Oh thank you !

My reaction as far as I can remember was :blushing:

Khan Academy guy would be a great example if he wasn't an Indian Bangladeshi. Sorry AmPaks back to the drawing board for you.

We've got our own Khan, Shahid Khan, the billionaire owner of a NFL team. :))

so you dont thank girls when they give you compliments, tsk tsk, clearly ampaks lacking in the manners department. :))

Sure man. AmPaks still learning the ropes when it comes to the ladiss.:rana

You should be fine then. Unless you're from the minority of Pak who do blush :D

so you dont thank girls when they give you compliments, tsk tsk, clearly ampaks lacking in the manners department too. :))

In this case, it was a false compliment so he did good not to have manners. Otherwise, it would be ''This odd pakistani thanked me when I said you're cute''

I totally agree.

Does success for American Pakistanis consist of losing your roots, forgetting about your motherland, losing sight of your religion, in an attempt to assimilate into a culture that is completely different than the one you used to live in/your ancestors used to live in? While the majority of British Pakistanis have shaped their environment to fit their own cultural and religious needs, American Pakistanis have shown a failure in this regard. American Pakistanis can bring up all the statistics about higher rates of education, lower unemployment rates, and higher prevalence in a variety of jobs in the labor force in comparison to British Pakistanis, however they will never be able to compare to the involvement British Pakistanis have had in their country's media, sports leagues, politics, and even on the level of upholding true cultural and religious values. Education rates are also increasing for British Pakistanis, and their influence will only grow stronger. The true question is: Will American Pakistanis ever be able to make an influence/impact to their country (while at the same time upholding cultural and religious values) to the extent that British Pakistanis have? I suspect that determinants such as a lack of willpower and motivation and discrimination will hinder American Pakistanis.

I disgaree. There are plenty of 'Mullahs' here too and we have Islamic centers, Islamic schools and what not. I just don't involve myself in that just as I was not involving myself in those things back home. I was secular from the begining, even before I came to US.

Anyways, if you don't admit that BritPaks are vastly superior than AmPaks, our BritPak politician will introduce a moratory on you from watching Downton Abbey and you can go to your ampaks politician for protest. Oh wait...

so you dont thank girls when they give you compliments, tsk tsk, clearly ampaks lacking in the manners department. :))

:))

Obviously we have a lot to learn from Elraja or should I say El Juan Demarco.

ELRaja should offer life coaching to these Americans. There is clearly a need.

:))

Obviously we have a lot to learn from Elraja or should I say El Juan Demarco.

Dom Raja :p

Yesterday, they were showing CleanSkins on skymovies and I watched it because of this thread :yk

I swear, this guy in the movie had the exact same speech as KKWC.

Anyways, if you don't admit that BritPaks are vastly superior than AmPaks, our BritPak politician will introduce a moratory on you from watching Downton Abbey and you can go to your ampaks politician for protest. Oh wait...

Oh no....plzzz don't take our Downton Abbey away from us. We love brit dramas and movies and actors and anyone with a brit accent. Otherwise I might have to just move to UK to watch the damn thing. :))

I disgaree. There are plenty of 'Mullahs' here too and we have Islamic centers, Islamic schools and what not. I just don't involve myself in that just as I was not involving myself in those things back home. I was secular from the begining, even before I came to US.

Majority of the Mullahs don't even speak English. There is a disconnect between the Youth and the elderly, and many issues such as drugs, gangs, alcohol are never even discussed. Having Islamic centers doesn't mean anything when the Youth are out on the streets and never in the Mosques.

Britain has many Imams that actually speak English and can relate to the Youth, and they regularly bring up these issues. I haven't even touched upon upholding the fundamentals of religion, I suspect there is a failure in that regard as well for American Pakistanis when compared to British Pakistanis.

Anyways, religion is not a necessity to be a Pakistani anyways, so I guess it matters based upon the individual.

Last edited:
another thing.. UK's population density is 673 per sq miles, similar to vietnam, but USA's is 89..that's right only 89 people in a square mile. SO it is dead obvious that with such desnity BritPaks cant escape the society and have to integrate with them..but in USA, everyone wants their own space..and trespassers are not allowed.. USA promotes individuality, and in UK it is all about the community.

Yesterday, they were showing CleanSkins on skymovies and I watched it because of this thread :yk

:)) Have'nt seen it, maybe I need to to know what tricks KKWC has up his sleeve.

Oh no....plzzz don't take our Downton Abbey away from us. We love brit dramas and movies and actors and anyone with a brit accent. Otherwise I might have to just move to UK to watch the damn thing. :))

Even with the balant discrimination in that show? You're right, actually, Brits don't integrate muslims. Sleeping with a Turk is seen as sleeping with a dog or something :yk

In this case, it was a false compliment so he did good not to have manners. Otherwise, it would be ''This odd pakistani thanked me when I said you're cute''

doesnt matter if its false, as long as it wasnt overtly sarcastic. by thanking her in a measured non creepy way he shows that he's used to receiving compliments, nothing more attractive than implying others find you attractive. :cheema

consdering your an american you could pbly do it in a southern drawl, "whyyy, thank you" ive always wanted to that but would no doubt look like a retard if i tried.

Last edited:
doesnt matter if its false, as long as it wasnt overtly sarcastic. by thanking her in a measured non creepy way he shows that he's used to receiving compliments, nothing more attractive than implying others find you attractive. :cheema

So, the correct british answer was: ''Thank you my dear. How odd is it that, just this luncheon, I was amazed at how many people compliment me since I got this peacoat in front of my servant''
(while not wearing the said peacoat)

If BritPaks are more popular among girls, it is because girls like bad boys..so that settles the argument.

So, the correct british answer was: ''Thank you my dear. How odd is it that, just this luncheon, I was amazed at how many people compliment me since I got this peacoat in front of my servant''
(while not wearing the said peacoat)

your a natural :) just dont mention the servant... chauffeur, butler, cook would be more acceptable.

Last edited:
Has there been a TV show that is a US national treasure containing a Pakistani family?

Has there been a TV show that is a US national treasure containing a Pakistani family?

Though not Pakistani

TLC Cancels 'All-American Muslim'

Despite positive reviews for its portrayal of the Muslim community, the series drew the ire of the Florida Family Association who dubbed All-American "propaganda that riskily hides the Islamic agenda's clear and present danger to American liberties and traditional values," and urged advertisers to boycott the show.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/all-american-muslim-canceled-tlc-297407

I remember comments were made by some nutcase regarding Zain Malik too.

Over 500 comments and no Tanzeel appearance yet? Hehe.

This of course is not my fight (shame that it appears to be a fight at all) but I can expand a bit on my small contributions earlier in the thread. I don't personally know any American Pakistanis so am not in a position to discuss them, but in this thread British Pakistanis are certainly being rendered unfairly.

My city of residence has a very diverse population, and honestly I have only ever met 3 British Pakistanis (in the same single group - they said some deeply nasty things to my friend for no reason) that were the ill-mannered, uneducated and misogynistic example which we are told (by people who don't even live in the UK!) is commonplace, when in fact one should be streetwise enough to realise this trio was the exception that proves the rule: this being that the majority of British Pakistanis, and people in general, are reasonably normal and decent and wish to get on with their lives without negatively affecting others.

So the aforementioned trio should be seen not as evil little brown men, but merely as a walking salvo of horrible louts, not unlike the various pockets of white trash and black lads who mooch about being similarly unpleasant - particularly to young women. These kinds of people are thankfully in a minority in Britain, no matter what the Daily Mail may tell you.

I need this to be heard by the guys who don't live here, because you are being very harsh on the British Pakistanis at the moment, a community which has had to work very hard to achieve a standing in this country and is mostly made up of very sound people; one of my close work friends is a Pakistani Muslim who was raised locally, and he's one of the kindest individuals that I know. So this is just one perspective you are hearing from me, but try and share my respect, I urge you, because I for one wouldn't have a pop at people in America whom I had never encountered.

Peace. :)

consdering your an american you could pbly do it in a southern drawl, "whyyy, thank you" ive always wanted to that but would no doubt look like a retard if i tried.

Hey come on, these cowboy types are chick magnets no matter what anyone say or make fun of their accent. How else to explain Julia Roberts at her peak (beauty wise) hooking up with that ugly cretinous creature called Lyle Lovett.

Though not Pakistani

TLC Cancels 'All-American Muslim'

Despite positive reviews for its portrayal of the Muslim community, the series drew the ire of the Florida Family Association who dubbed All-American "propaganda that riskily hides the Islamic agenda's clear and present danger to American liberties and traditional values," and urged advertisers to boycott the show.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/all-american-muslim-canceled-tlc-297407

I remember comments were made by some nutcase regarding Zain Malik too.

Strange init. We've had shows like Citizen Khan and a family containing a gay muslim on the BBC, with no complaints from rightwing nutters.

^^^

I don't find it that strange. Always a few nutcases around who are loud enough to cause problems and make all Anericans look bad. That show was probably not making much money any ways, if that show had high ratings, could have been a different outcome. In any case, I hate this identification with Islam as the only way to define those Americans. Islam is just a religion like any other religion, often times its the people's own myopic mindset which makes them look at everything as an anti-Islamic or anti-Christian bias or what ever. I think of myself as a Pak American, religious identity comes very low down the order for me.

^^^

I don't find it that strange. Always a few nutcases around who are loud enough to cause problems and make all Anericans look bad. That show was probably not making much money any ways, if that show had high ratings, could have been a different outcome. In any case, I hate this identification with Islam as the only way to define those Americans. Islam is just a religion like any other religion, often times its the people's own myopic mindset which makes them look at everything as an anti-Islamic or anti-Christian bias or what ever. I think of myself as a Pak American, religious identity comes very low down the order for me.

I guess then thats why you are comfortable in a country that deems the religion followed by most your compatriots as threatening to their way of life.

its because the brit pakistanis are from villages, more than 50% of american pakistanis come from karachi and are more educated

I guess then thats why you are comfortable in a country that deems the religion followed by most your compatriots as threatening to their way of life.

I beg you pardon. Because a few nutcases behave that way you think all Americans have the same view towards Islam. That's like that earlier post by King Cobra which was criticized for being bigoted and based on ill-information. Now the same is being done by anyone who reads a few headlines in newspapers and reassures their assumption based on some underlying grudge. Lets not judge a book by its cover, it goes both ways.

Americans are very open minded and hearted. They are very open to integration, basically USA being the land of immigrants. There is bias and prejudice against any new immigrant group, just like it was against Irish when they first came to US or for Italians and now Mexicans to some extent. Pak Americans are doing very well for the most part. Let not these few headlines and some loud mouth fools on media make you worry.

its because the brit pakistanis are from villages, more than 50% of american pakistanis come from karachi and are more educated

:facepalm: Oh God Hammy, we just called truce, now you're going to stir up the hornets nest once again. Plenty of AmPaks from villages too. You probably like me live in an area where its mostly city folks that you get to encounter.

I wonder why those educated folks transform into murderers and terrorists when in Karachi :yk

And does that Karachi education include ''Hat Stats G101''? :p

:facepalm: Oh God Hammy, we just called truce, now you're going to stir up the hornets nest once again. Plenty of AmPaks from villages too. You probably like me live in an area where its mostly city folks that you get to encounter.

Don't worry, we're used to Hammy's bias. I'm just answering out of habit :p

People cry about KKWC being from UK, but I think Hammy is not even competition. One has valid opinions and debating skills, even if you don't agree with him, while the other doesn't talk about anything but idiotic regionalism.

Last edited:
so now the digs get lower and lower..calling them murderers and terrorists. but thank God AmPaks know better and wont resort to such digs. Even BritPaks havent taken any cheap digs..it is mostly the non Brit and non US paks who are the most insecure here.

People cry about KKWC being from UK, but I think Hammy is not even competition. One has valid opinions and debating skills, even if you don't agree with him, while the other doesn't talk about anything but idiotic regionalism.

I wish we could lock KKWC, Hammy and few other folks like them in a room without telling them others identity, turn the light off and see what happens. I bet you there won't be much debate nor fight. They will probably be discussing chicks for the most part...:yk

I'm not just calling them murderers and terrorists, they are. Because they are claimed to be representative samples of Karachi, the same way UK villagers are uneducated because representative samples of rural villages.

Hey did you edit your post. I thought you were being neutral but no.....

Anyhoo....no need to get ugly here.

I wish we could lock KKWC, Hammy and few other folks like them in a room without telling them others identity, turn the light off and see what happens. I bet you there won't be much debate nor fight. They will probably be discussing chicks for the most part...:yk

It depends. Will there be a redneck in the room? And if there is a redneck, will there be an atheist? :yk

so now the digs get lower and lower..calling them murderers and terrorists. but thank God AmPaks know better and wont resort to such digs. Even BritPaks havent taken any cheap digs..it is mostly the non Brit and non US paks who are the most insecure here.

I know, I feel the insecurity of Paks who don't belong to UK or US is more than both of them combined. We had that Shan fellow earlier spouting garbage and now Endy mian is also showing his colors. :shafiq

Last edited:
Hey did you edit your post. I thought you were being neutral but no.....

Anyhoo....no need to get ugly here.

I'm sorry, I have been spending too much time on cricket forum during FBT20 :/

(+ I may know KKWC IRL so I had to edit my post)

Last edited:
I know, I feel the insecurity of Paks who don't belong to UK or US as being more than both of them combined. We had that Shan fellow earlier spouting garbage and now Endy mian is also showing his colors. :shafiq

Yes, I am sick of being a cameleon. The ugly truth is in front of you guys now :p

Anyways, it's still not proven that I am not a BritPak. People think I'm from Germany when I haven't even spoken a word of German on PP :D

If BritPaks are more popular among girls, it is because girls like bad boys..so that settles the argument.
All your posts seem to be made up of generalisations and imaginations? Some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing. Why should one Pakistani be jealous of another sitting in another country? We should be happy of our individual successes. This thread should just be America vs Britain really. With that in mind a key factor in this debate is which society or country rather, is more accepting and tolerant of the foreigner or immigrant? I would say Britain in the sense that nationalism is not really rampant such is the multicultural state of Britain. That's why there is a more diverse Pakistani voice, contingent within Britain. More BritPaks as well obviously. You don't see many so called religious fundamentalists in America. They'd be outed very quickly. The expression of freedom is practised in Britain much more regularly than in America. In other words a less tolerant society leads to the settler having to integrate. That's why there are probably more Pakistan's earning more and with better jobs possibly. AmPaks have No choice but to integrate or they'd be singled out.

Endymion is just an attention seeker..who cannot digest that no one cares where he is from, so he is trying to create a mystery about himself...and since no one cares what he is posting, he adds some esoteric french words so that people do a google search to know the meaning.. as someone had rightly said...the less jam you have, the more you spread it.

Yes, I am sick of being a cameleon. The ugly truth is in front of you guys now :p

Anyways, it's still not proven that I am not a BritPak. People think I'm from Germany when I haven't even spoken a word of German on PP :D

EU man....just say it, EU. No shame in admitting that. :dav

Endymion is just an attention seeker..who cannot digest that no one cares where he is from, so he is trying to create a mystery about himself...and since no one cares what he is posting, he adds some esoteric french words so that people do a google search to know the meaning.. as someone had rightly said...the less jam you have, the more you spread it.

Oh SNAP !!!

That was a TKO my friend.

All your posts seem to be made up of generalisations and imaginations? Some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing. Why should one Pakistani be jealous of another sitting in another country? We should be happy of our individual successes. This thread should just be America vs Britain really. With that in mind a key factor in this debate is which society or country rather, is more accepting and tolerant of the foreigner or immigrant? I would say Britain in the sense that nationalism is not really rampant such is the multicultural state of Britain. That's why there is a more diverse Pakistani voice, contingent within Britain. More BritPaks as well obviously. You don't see many so called religious fundamentalists in America. They'd be outed very quickly. The expression of freedom is practised in Britain much more regularly than in America. In other words a less tolerant society leads to the settler having to integrate. That's why there are probably more Pakistan's earning more and with better jobs possibly. AmPaks have No choice but to integrate or they'd be singled out.

Wo wo wo....easy there buddy !

Less tolerant society leads to isolation, not integration. No one absolutely has to integrate to make money or to get a job. Comes naturally. American society is on the contrary more open to immigrants. And what's wrong with integration. You are making integration sound like its a bad thing.

If I were an attention seeker, I think I'd be making threads on PP about ''Guys, I bought a violin and now I want to buy a mac, keep me from doing it'' ''What's your drive in life [insert some dilemna about having chosen a career path instead of another one'' and having a 10 page long intro thread which looks more like your tumblr than anything else.

I am glad that your remembered the jam quote, too bad you didn't apply it.
Also, I'd like to point out that a word you don't understand isn't esoteric. Some people may point out that you try to use as much googlable words as me. Case in point, unless we are discussing the latest Ecco book or franc macon scandal, I doubt ''esoteric'' is anything but jam spreading when you accuse other people of making you google words.

For a person who has such a firm grasp on the obvious..you dont know the difference between seeking attention and seeking advice. i made those threads to seek advice from mature posters.. if i was attention seeker i wouldnt be away from the forum for a month..which is a long time for a forum life. and as usual..some more esoteric words, but i will never google for those, never have, never will.. and today I had my revenge for that day.. :p

If I were an attention seeker, I think I'd be making threads on PP about ''Guys, I bought a violin and now I want to buy a mac, keep me from doing it'' ''What's your drive in life [insert some dilemna about having chosen a career path instead of another one'' and having a 10 page long intro thread which looks more like your tumblr than anything else.

I am glad that your remembered the jam quote, too bad you didn't apply it.
Also, I'd like to point out that a word you don't understand isn't esoteric. Some people may point out that you try to use as much googlable words as me. Case in point, unless we are discussing the latest Ecco book or franc macon scandal, I doubt ''esoteric'' is anything but jam spreading when you accuse other people of making you google words.

Game on....:snack:

For a person who has such a firm grasp on the obvious..you dont know the difference between seeking attention and seeking advice. i made those threads to seek advice from mature posters.. if i was attention seeker i wouldnt be away from the forum for a month..which is a long time for a forum life. and as usual..some more esoteric words, but i will never google for those, never have, never will.. and today I had my revenge for that day.. :p

I'm sorry if I am from those who think that exposing your life on the internet like an open diary to strangers is more attention seeking/show-off than advice seeking.
The same way there is a mention of your ''break'' on half of your posts since your return.

Today is also your chance to change me. I specifically erased several words to make my post understandable to you. If it's not enough, just list me what you don't understand.

As for revenge, yes, I see that that humiliation has been the drive of your hateful messages towards me. And the drive of me being in your ''enemies list''.
Don't worry, I didn't learn from you and won't disappear from the thread after lighting the fire. :yk

Last edited:
I beg you pardon. Because a few nutcases behave that way you think all Americans have the same view towards Islam. That's like that earlier post by King Cobra which was criticized for being bigoted and based on ill-information. Now the same is being done by anyone who reads a few headlines in newspapers and reassures their assumption based on some underlying grudge. Lets not judge a book by its cover, it goes both ways.

Americans are very open minded and hearted. They are very open to integration, basically USA being the land of immigrants. There is bias and prejudice against any new immigrant group, just like it was against Irish when they first came to US or for Italians and now Mexicans to some extent. Pak Americans are doing very well for the most part. Let not these few headlines and some loud mouth fools on media make you worry.

It's not just a few headlines or media brats sprouting the hatred, racism and discrimination. It's apparent everywhere - both on the internet and in everyday life. On online forums, news forums, discussion boards, school cafeterias, workplaces etc. I'd say American Pakistanis are worse off when it comes to discrimination compared to Blacks and Hispanics. Basically, it's considered "cool" to be Islamophobic.

It can be argued both ways though. Britain has its fair share of racists as well. However, I have no idea how the discrimination towards Pakistanis fares with other minority groups. The racism in Britain also seems to have its extremes (you'll see a BNP activist openly badmouthing muslims) compared to America, where it's at least somewhat moderated.

Last edited:

I'm downloading it now. :p

Back on topic.

What use of considering yourself a Pakistani living overseas when you can't even stand up for Pakistan?

Not that it may make a difference but it's very sad to see little actions by American Pakistani's against their host nation's treatment of Pakistan and foreign policy in general. On the contrary many of the so called educated American Pakistani's actually agree with their host nation and the likes of G.W Bush. Are they really more educated?

I challenge any American Pakistani to declare on this forum America's has been the biggest worlds terrorist in recent history.

If you can't speak the truth of your host nation, you're not successful but subservient.

Blending in nicely in America yubaba. After cheerleading, you should look into football, I heard it's pretty popular too :p

Oh I hate football, like basketball though. As per some you can never call yourself "American" unless you like football and Dr.Pepper. No on both for me. So I guess I am still not integrated enough. ;-)

It's not just a few headlines or media brats sprouting the hatred, racism and discrimination. It's apparent everywhere - both on the internet and in everyday life. On online forums, news forums, discussion boards, school cafeterias, workplaces etc. I'd say American Pakistanis are worse off when it comes to discrimination compared to Blacks and Hispanics. Basically, it's considered "cool" to be Islamophobic.

It can be argued both ways though. Britain has its fair share of racists as well. However, I have no idea how the discrimination towards Pakistanis fares with other minority groups. The racism in Britain also seems to have its extremes compared to America, where at least people it's somewhat moderated.

Do you live in US ?

I totally agree.

Does success for American Pakistanis consist of losing your roots, forgetting about your motherland, losing sight of your religion, in an attempt to assimilate into a culture that is completely different than the one you used to live in/your ancestors used to live in? While the majority of British Pakistanis have shaped their environment to fit their own cultural and religious needs, American Pakistanis have shown a failure in this regard. American Pakistanis can bring up all the statistics about higher rates of education, lower unemployment rates, and higher prevalence in a variety of jobs in the labor force in comparison to British Pakistanis, however they will never be able to compare to the involvement British Pakistanis have had in their country's media, sports leagues, politics, and even on the level of upholding true cultural and religious values. Education rates are also increasing for British Pakistanis, and their influence will only grow stronger. The true question is: Will American Pakistanis ever be able to make an influence/impact towards their country (while at the same time upholding cultural and religious values) to the extent that British Pakistanis have? IN my opinion, it's nothing but a wet dream for American FOBS/Freshies, whereas American born Pakistanis have already given up on trying to make a difference. I suspect that deterrents such as a lack of willpower and motivation and discrimination will hinder American Pakistanis. The hole is just being dug deeper and further as propaganda is on the rise in the American media.

You're right but if they sit back and don't act they will suffer in the long run. The blacks of America had to fight for their rights and now are in positions of influence(in certain areas). On a positive note PTI have ignited a fair few of their supporters in the US, hopefully this will set in motion some sort of organised political group to lobby on Pakistan's behalf.

Back