Can Rahul Gandhi become the next Prime Minister of India?

Can Rahul Gandhi become the Indian PM in Future?

• Total voters
He doesn't like Modi either. He has been constantly making anti Modi posts on X since the last couple of years.
Yeap I remember inspector Rex propping up Swamy for a moment because he spoke out against the outgoing PM

I am not saying Rajiv was great. However he still had some things going for him unlike our puppu who is total -0
To be honest, Rajiv Gandhi was never meant to be in politics. He was a pilot. His younger brother Sanjay Gandhi was groomed as the next PM by his mother. Sanjay Gandhi was known by as the 'Uncrowned Prince of India' during his lifetime. He was the ultimate gunda of his time in the country. Not just a gunda, he was the sardaar of all gundas. It was after his untimely demise that his mother dragged Rajiv Gandhi against his will into politics.​

He doesn't like Modi either. He has been constantly making anti Modi posts on X since the last couple of years.
I remember one of his interview in which he said muslims doesn't fall in category of equals

And you think are sanghis are so intelligent that they've put all their political capital in an out and out illiterate religious bigot like feku?
Rss is intelligent because they know how to win on ground, they have done the work, they are 1000 times more organised than Congress will ever be.

I first hand saw how Congress in Chennai kept having infighting among themselves, my dad used to be in same area as their offices.

Many RSS members actually believe in contributing unlike Congress workers that just want money.

Hope Raga wins Rae atleast , Raj Mata has once again left her seat for him like she did in 2024.
Maa Ka laadla hopefully can come out of her shadow someday.

Isn't his daughter married to a Muslim?
Yes lol, that’s why I used to find it weird. Maybe he changed his views who knows he was sidelined because he was a loose cannon.

Can’t imagine how holidays would be with him lol

Yes lol, that’s why I used to find it weird. Maybe he changed his views who knows he was sidelined because he was a loose cannon.

Can’t imagine how holidays would be with him lol
Loose cannon, for sure

So hear him now, and notice the arrogance in his tone as he speaks

I'll actually have to watch the full video to come to a conclusion. The video that you posted contains clips of his interview. But I'm not going to lie, that video of him saying those things is outrageous. He is not some random tom, dick or harry walking down the streets. But then again, we know he has mostly been a loosee cannon.​

The Nehru-Gandhi dynasty were once the giants of India’s politics – the family at the forefront of the independence battle, who built up the formidable Congress party and produced three prime ministers

But now the family are fighting for their survival. India’s prime minister, Narendra Modi, and his Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) government are seeking a third term in power in elections taking place over six weeks. Most analysts believe a BJP victory against Congress and its allies once again seems likely.

Ten years in opposition have left Congress and the Gandhi family in decline, accused of elitism, disorganisation and weak leadership. The party presence on the ground remains lacklustre, compared with the BJP’s well-organised electoral machine and its disciplined cadre.

Analysts say that a third consecutive loss to Modi in June would deal another crippling blow to the family and could throw the future of the party as a viable political force into question.

Rahul Verma, a fellow at the Delhi-based Centre for Policy Research, said the Congress party was akin to a “large ship which has rusted for a very long period of time”. Verma said the problem was in part the Gandhi family leadership “but also the whole organisation of the party, which is very weak”.

Verma warned that if Congress faced another major election loss, it could find itself with state, or even national, rebellions on its hands, which could further diminish and even fracture the party to devastating effect. “This election is critical for Congress,” he said.

‘They don’t know how to behave in opposition’
It was in 1929 that Jawaharlal Nehru was made president of Congress, later becoming India’s first post-independence prime minister. Almost 100 years later, there is little doubt that the Gandhi family remains firmly in charge. In 2017, Rahul Gandhi took over as president of the party from his mother, Sonia Gandhi, who had ruled it for two decades.

Source: The Guardian

Is Rahul Gandhi still becoming PM of India?

:rabada2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope Raga wins Rae atleast , Raj Mata has once again left her seat for him like she did in 2024.
Maa Ka laadla hopefully can come out of her shadow someday.
As they say, "kaate ki takkar" hai. The bjp candidate in last election brought Sonia Gandhi winning margin from over 4 lacs to around 1.7 lacs. And mind it, people in rae bareli know that even if raga wins there, he will relinquish rae bareli lok sabha seat and hold on to wyanad. They have no incentive to vote for him, they are aware that he will at best be LS member from rai barely for 3-4 days. He could very easily loose.

I still have hope of moving to India in a year, Puppu is predicting 295 for the India alliance.

Rss is intelligent because they know how to win on ground, they have done the work, they are 1000 times more organised than Congress will ever be.

I first hand saw how Congress in Chennai kept having infighting among themselves, my dad used to be in same area as their offices.

Many RSS members actually believe in contributing unlike Congress workers that just want money.
Very interesting. How much is down to ideology as well?

I am sure not all members of the RSS speak with one voice, but there is an ideological cohesion in their world view. So the BJP benefits from both, robust organisation with roots in society and ideological commitment.

Does the Congress lack not only a strong bottom up organisation but deep ideological solidarity?

Even in its heyday, it was an ‘umbrella’ party, a coalition of many locally influential individuals and home to many varied ideas, opinions and interests. There were good historical reasons for this and it served the Congress well at a certain time, but is perhaps now a significant liability?

Very interesting. How much is down to ideology as well?

I am sure not all members of the RSS speak with one voice, but there is an ideological cohesion in their world view. So the BJP benefits from both, robust organisation with roots in society and ideological commitment.

Does the Congress lack not only a strong bottom up organisation but deep ideological solidarity?

Even in its heyday, it was an ‘umbrella’ party, a coalition of many locally influential individuals and home to many varied ideas, opinions and interests. There were good historical reasons for this and it served the Congress well at a certain time, but is perhaps now a significant liability?
From my end I have never seen them have organisation at ground level, they don’t even allow people to rise up is what I was told about Chennai, but there they hardly win anymore.

Kerala, Rajasthan, Karnataka are their somewhat strongholds where they might have workers at ground level.

They are an umbrella party, hence their alliance is called “INDIA alliance “

Lol.. Some people would be thinking it's a nightmare going on
====
At 3 Lakh, Rahul Gandhi's Winning Margin From Raebareli Highest In UP

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, who is headed to a gigantic victory in Uttar Pradesh's Rae Bareli, currently has the highest winning margin in Uttar Pradesh. Mr Gandhi is ahead of his nearest rival, Dinesh Pratap Singh of the BJP, by over 3 lakh votes, showed Election Commission data at 3:15 pm.

In contrast, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is leading by over 1.4 lakh votes against his nearest rival, the Congress' Ajay Rai, in Varanasi.

Sonia Gandhi, who had held the Rae Bareli seat since 2004, won by a margin of 1.67 lakh votes against Mr Singh in 2019. She opted out of the Lok Sabha elections 2024 and moved to Rajya Sabha, after which Rahul Gandhi replaced her as the Congress candidate from Rae Bareli.

Mr Gandhi had represented the Amethi Lok Sabha seat from 2004 to 2019. In the last elections, he lost Amethi to BJP's Smriti Irani, but won a second seat in Kerala and retained his MP status.

This time too he is contesting two seats - Rae Bareli (Uttar Pradesh) and Wayanad (Kerala) - and leading in both. In Wayanad, he is ahead of his nearest rival, Annie Raja of the CPM, by over 3 lakh votes.

Source: NDTV

Should had fought from Amethi and would had won seeing how it went but fought from Mama’s constituency.

BJP didn’t take enough advantage of this knowledge how Sonia has guaranteed his constituencies.

Yep that's my argument even his henchman defeated her.
No , it shows the henchman is better than his master. And thats the problem with Cong. There are other good leaders in the party but their growth is stifled by Pappu and Sonia amma.

No doubt he would have won amethi too
====
Senior Congress leader Rahul Gandhi won the Wayanad seat by a margin of 3,64,422 votes and the Raebareli seat by a margin of 3.9 lakh votes.

Who is Rahul Gandhi contested against in Raebareli and Wayanad? Rahul Gandhi was a Congress candidate from Wayanad, Kerala Lok Sabha seat and Raebareli Lok Sabha seat. In the elections, Rahul Gandhi contested against BJP's state president of Kerala – K Surendran – from Wayanad and BJP's Dinesh Pratap Singh in Raebareli, who also contested against Sonia Gandhi in 2019.

Who won in Wayanad and Raebareli in 2019?

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi won in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from Kerala's Wayanad by 706,367 votes and is contesting from the same seat again this time, hoping to repeat the same feat.

In addition, he is also contesting from Congress' safest seat, Raebareli, in Uttar Pradesh, which was previously won by his mother, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, from 2004 to 2019. In 2019, Sonia Gandhi won the seat by a margin of more than 1.5 lakh votes against BJP's Dinesh Pratap Singh.

Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi has been declared the winner from Raebareli Lok Sabha constituency with 6,87,649 votes. BJP candidate Dinesh Pratap Singh was the trailing candidate with 2,97,619 votes.

Congress leader wins Wayanad Lok Sabha seat with 647445 votes

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has been declared the winner from Wayanad Lok Sabha constituency with 6,47,445 votes. CPI candidate Annie Raja was the trailing candidate with 283023 votes.

Source: Live Mint

Forget Modi, we know he's a coward with regards to interacting with people. He doesn't have a personality and is helpless without a teleprompter.

Atleast have the most articulate BJP rep debate a Congress representative, people who can actually debate policy.

I nominate Shashi Tharoor vs Piyush Goyal or Manish Tewari vs Swapan DasGupta.
Hope they get to know that you have nominated them.

A debate before elections should be good, where they take questions from the audience as well. First thing to ask is to explain the budget for their promises (like Kejriwal does, although not sound, but at least he explains how is is going to fund his poll promises). Otherwise elections will be fought on fake promises and fake accusations.

I salute this guy's courage. He has two assassinated people in his family but he marches on fearlessly against a duo that have a history of alleged murders in their past

Indira tried to burn punjab, got her just desserts.
RaGa forced an election on India when the country was going through a crisis, and got hoisted by his own petard.

Raga 2, has not done anything like that, so he is safe.

Hope they get to know that you have nominated them.

A debate before elections should be good, where they take questions from the audience as well. First thing to ask is to explain the budget for their promises (like Kejriwal does, although not sound, but at least he explains how is is going to fund his poll promises). Otherwise elections will be fought on fake promises and fake accusations.

The simple act of having debates and press conferences can go a long way in cleaning up politics. Have a look at the ecosystem in the US and UK where every politician is held accountable by being made to go in front of the camera .. it makes you real envious.

GPec9yKaAAAUqtP

Because his henchman is more capable than his boss, that’s why entire national calls him 'Pappu.'
His boss managed to win by more than 3.5 lakh votes on two seats. Modi was right about one thing though: "Congress bhains le jayegi." They did it in Amethi. Well done, Kishori Lal!😆

'Jo Ram ko laaye, Ayodhya wale unhe hi latiaye'. 😆 :inti

He didn't. They managed to clip the wings of Feku and Shah, who were arrogantly flying high. Now they will have to deal with their new paw paw: Naidu and Nitish. 😆 :inti
Had INDI alliance come to majority, then Akhilesh and Stalin would be Pappu's new Paw Paw?

Get some ice. Pain of having sanghis rule over you must be immense.

Modi will be your PM again, next 5 years will be spent in sharing memes and imagining alternate realities to assuage the pain.

Congress Passes Resolution For Rahul Gandhi To Be Leader Of Opposition: Report

The Congress Working Committee passed the resolution that party MP Rahul Gandhi should be appointed as the Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha, sources said today.

Rahul Gandhi won the Lok Sabha elections from Raebareli in Uttar Pradesh and Wayanad in Kerala.

After the CWC meeting, Congress MP Kumari Selja said, "It was the CWC's wish that Rahul Gandhi be elected the LoP..."

Senior Congress leader and newly elected MP from Alappuzha KC Venugopal said "CWC unanimously requested Rahul Gandhi ji to take the responsibility of the leader of the opposition in the Lok Sabha."

The CWC resolution praised Rahul Gandhi for his efforts in the election campaign.

"Former Congress President Rahul Gandhi has to be singled out largely because of the Bharat Jodo Yatra and the Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra that he designed and led. Both these Yatras that reflected his thinking and personality were historic turning points in our nation's politics and instilled hope and confidence in lakhs of our workers and crores of our voters. Rahul Gandhi's election campaign was single-minded, sharp and pointed and more than any other individual it was he who made the protection of our republic's Constitution the central issue in the 2024 elections. The PaanchNyay-Pachees Guarantee programme which resonated so very powerfully in the election campaign was the outcome of Rahulji's yatras in which he listened to the fears, concerns and aspirations of all people, especially youth, women, farmers, workers, Dalits, Adivasis, OBCs and minorities," it said.

The meeting of the extended Congress Working Committee was held in the national capital on Saturday. The meeting was attended by Congress Parliamentary Party chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Congress chief Mallikarjun Kharge, Congress leaders Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka Gandhi, Manish Tiwari, DK Shivakumar, and Revanth Reddy among others.

Speaking after the CWC meeting, Congress Rajya Sabha MP Pramod Tiwari said, "Definitely he (Rahul Gandhi) should become (LoP in Lok Sabha). This was the request of our working committee. He is fearless and courageous."

Earlier in the day, several party leaders voiced their demand that Rahul Gandhi should take over the key role.

Speaking on the same, Telangana Chief Minister Revanth Reddy said that this is the demand of 140 crore Indians.

"Our demand is the same as that of 140 crore Indians. Rahul Gandhi has to take the position as the leader of the Opposition. Rahul Gandhi has been fighting for women and the unemployed," he said.

Congress MP Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa who won the Lok Sabha election from Gurdaspur said that Rahul Gandhi is someone who can reply to the Prime Minister in the Parliament and hence he should assume the position of LoP.

"We will play the role of a strong Opposition in the Parliament. Yes, we want the country to get such a face who can reply to the Prime Minister. I think the entire country wants this," he said.

After the Lok Sabha Polls , the Congress has emerged as the second-largest party in the election and improved its tally to 100, from 52 in the 2019 Lok Sabha poll.

Had INDI alliance come to majority, then Akhilesh and Stalin would be Pappu's new Paw Paw?

Get some ice. Pain of having sanghis rule over you must be immense.

Modi will be your PM again, next 5 years will be spent in sharing memes and imagining alternate realities to assuage the pain.
5 years? :misbah :inti

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will likely keep Raebareli and relinquish the Wayanad Lok Sabha seat, Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) chief K Sudhakaran hinted on Wednesday

At a public event, Sudhakaran hinted that the Wayanad MP would give up his seat. "We should not be saddened as Rahul Gandhi, who is supposed to lead the nation, cannot be expected to remain in Wayanad."

“Therefore, we should not be sad. Everyone should understand that and give all their wishes and support to him."

Gandhi won the Rae Bareli and Wayanad seats in the recently concluded Lok Sabha Elections 2024.

Rahul Gandhi thanks Kerala voters
Meanwhile, Gandhi thanked voters in Kerala who enabled his Lok Sabha victory in the state's Wayanad constituency.

This is the first time Gandhi has visited the state after his massive 3,64,422-vote margin victory over rival and CPI candidate Annie Raja from the constituency in north Kerala. In the 2019 elections, he secured the seat with a record margin of 4.3 lakh votes.

Addressing a public gathering in Malappuram, Gandhi, who had also contested and won from the Raebareili seat in Uttar Pradesh, said, "I have a dilemma in front of me – Will I be a Member of Parliament of Wayanad or Raebareli?"

Taking a jibe at Prime Minister Modi, Rahul Gandhi said, "Unfortunately, unlike the prime minister, I'm not guided by God. I'm a human being."

"You saw how the Prime Minister said '400 paar' and after that 400-paar disappeared and '300-paar' came. After 300-paar disappeared, he gave a speech where he said, 'I am not biological', I do not make any decisions, and I have been put on this earth by 'Parmatma' and he makes all the decisions. Modiji's strange 'parmatma' makes him take all decisions favouring Adani-Ambani. 'Parmatma' tells him to give Bombay Airport, Lucknow Airport and power plants to Adani," Gandhi said.

Gandhi said, “it's much simpler. My God is the poor people of India. My God is the people of Wayanad. For me, it's easy. I just talk to the people, and my God tells me what to do. Back to the question of Wayanad or Rae Bareli, what I will commit to you is that both Wayanad and Rae Bareli will be happy with my decision."

3.6 Crore Indians visited in a single day choosing us as India's undisputed platform for General Election Results.

Source: Live Mint

The thing about Rahul Gandhi is, he can keep contesting polls until he dies. Assuming he lives until 90, he can contest another 10-12 times, depending on how long each government lasts.

Its quite possible in one of those elections, he might come out top.

Every night he must get nightmares of C Naidu and Nitish withdrawing support :dw Cannot sleep peacefully, never know when one of these two will withdraw support.
Naa. Naidu needs cash for Amaravati, capital city of Andhra. He will get it. Nitish wants to continue to remain CM of Bihar. He will get that and cash too. They both know it's difficult to.survive in the INdia alliance with so many mouths to feed.

The thing about Rahul Gandhi is, he can keep contesting polls until he dies. Assuming he lives until 90, he can contest another 10-12 times, depending on how long each government lasts.

Don't think so. He made himself relevant a bit now but BJP will go.for.massive freebies too next time during elections.

He exited the forum after the exit polls. 😆 :inti
He lost hope. Others are keeping their chin up hoping for an RSS-dominated new Yuga. With Muslim-appeasing Naidu as their daddy hahaha.

btw saw some stats about Modi's strike rate. Wherever he campaigned, he has gone down from 80 odd % to 50 odd %.

Reverse has happened for pappu :dhoni

Reverse has happened for pappu :dhoni
This. Finally I have to give credit due to ya boi.

One of the channels explained it best comparing the past election to exam results.

All the puppu supporters, pseudo seculars, lefties and Pakistanis go nuts because Puppu just passed for the first time scoring a measly 50 out of 100.

While the same Puppu backers go haha you lost Modiji because he only scored 85 out of 100..

:dhoni 🤡

Yeah bruh for sure.

I think BJP will break up in the next 7 months.

Although good chance Amit Shah will be in the background doing work on a plan B if either Kumar or Naidu decides to have a change of mind.... I gotta gut feeling plan B is already in place.

:apology

Between March 31 to May 30, PM Narendra Modi conducted public meetings across 151 constituencies, of which the BJP-led NDA won 85 – a strike rate of 56 per cent.

But compared to 2019, the strike rate has shrunk for Modi. In the last Lok Sabha elections, PM Modi had held meetings in 103 constituencies with the BJP-led NDA losing only in 17 – a strike rate of 85 percent.

I'll summarize the above in fewer words for you. Wish I could find a picture to help you better but this will do for now.

Modi in 2019. S/R = 85%
Modi in 2024. S/R = 56%

Old man Modi working harder in his old age but getting punctured.

Cruel cruel India to an old sanyasi :dhoni

I'll summarize the above in fewer words for you. Wish I could find a picture to help you better but this will do for now.

Modi in 2019. S/R = 85%
Modi in 2024. S/R = 56%

Old man Modi working harder in his old age but getting punctured.

Cruel cruel India to an old sanyasi :dhoni
Ahh finally you have started talking to me, let's keep this going

I am a puppu supporter like you, what is cruel is the wait for our Puppu to be PM.

Do you think our 5 year old will be PM in the next 2 years ? we both know Modichayan is quaking in his boots as he knows that Naidu & Kumar jumping ship any moment and forming an alliance with our Italian ammayi and 20 plus parties that have various differences and ideologies, forming a strong 💪 government 😂

So far all I am seeing is Puppu under the wheel that turned, still in the opposition and a lot of our comrades living in denial even though Puppu has lost.

Remember the name pillion cycle rider you predicted an empathetic puppu victory and I believed it, only to leave me in heart break 😪

:dhoni

Ahh finally you have started talking to me, let's keep this going

I am a puppu supporter like you, what is cruel is the wait for our Puppu to be PM.

Do you think our 5 year old will be PM in the next 2 years ? we both know Modichayan is quaking in his boots as he knows that Naidu & Kumar jumping ship any moment and forming an alliance with our Italian ammayi and 20 plus parties that have various differences and ideologies, forming a strong 💪 government 😂

So far all I am seeing is Puppu under the wheel that turned, still in the opposition and a lot of our comrades living in denial even though Puppu has lost.

Remember the name pillion cycle rider you predicted an empathetic puppu victory and I believed it, only to leave me in heart break 😪

:dhoni

And I was wrong only about Modi not returning. I predicted BJP being short of majority and needing NDA help. My main pitch was Modi will not be PM and that if INDIA somehow won, Rahulg would refuse to be PM and instead Kharge would.

My last big prediction from the election still hasn't been answered yet - that contrary to what most believe, Rahulg will choose Wayanad and not Rae Bareli. I am better than the crybaby pollster on India Today.

And I was wrong only about Modi not returning. I predicted BJP being short of majority and needing NDA help. My main pitch was Modi will not be PM and that if INDIA somehow won, Rahulg would refuse to be PM and instead Kharge would.

My last big prediction from the election still hasn't been answered yet - that contrary to what most believe, Rahulg will choose Wayanad and not Rae Bareli. I am better than the crybaby pollster on India Today.

Modichayan created history with a 3peat... Not many PMs from a democratic country has achieved this. Ofcourse he was going to have his bumps along the way but the last 3 terms were no easy wins like how our Mahaan Nehru had it back in the day.

I still wait for our Puppu to be PM, whether he fights from our state Kerala Wayanad or somewhere else, I don't care.

Wayanad fits well for our Puppu, he doesn't have to do anything using his brain, so far as we can see he has done nothing for Wayanad other than become an MP.

Puppu or bust for me as long as us malayalees are around we will fight to the core to ruin India :dhoni Jai Hind.

He will become PM someday for a short duration, to kick-start another long BJP rule.

He will become PM someday for a short duration, to kick-start another long BJP rule.
Well our Puppu Gundhi was one good reason out of many why PM Modi was able to do a 3peat.

If Puppu becomes PM and if there is a Bharat left after his rule, then yes book it: BJP will be back and rule for decades...

Well our Puppu Gundhi was one good reason out of many why PM Modi was able to do a 3peat.

If Puppu becomes PM and if there is a Bharat left after his rule, then yes book it: BJP will be back and rule for decades...

The country will survive puppu rule because the BJP has wide geographical presence now. Except Punjab Kerala and TN, BJP or its allies are either ruling or are the main opposition. That means a large number of MPs and political clout.

Secondly, the army has a lot of spine. Just like they rejected the last UPA governments order to leave Siachen, they will refuse such orders again.

The army chief had told the government that the army doesn't believe it should vacate Siachen. He was threatened with court martial. He replied that he will go public with the Army's view and the government s order. Government had to back off.

The country will survive puppu rule because the BJP has wide geographical presence now. Except Punjab Kerala and TN, BJP or its allies are either ruling or are the main opposition. That means a large number of MPs and political clout.

Secondly, the army has a lot of spine. Just like they rejected the last UPA governments order to leave Siachen, they will refuse such orders again.

The army chief had told the government that the army doesn't believe it should vacate Siachen. He was threatened with court martial. He replied that he will go public with the Army's view and the government s order. Government had to back off.
coolstorybro 🤡

Wish the army showed the same spine to take back the land Modi lost to his Chinese puppet master :dhoni

Back