[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Chinaman: The legend of Kuldeep Yadav

Please cut the bull **** and don't hype players, bcos one bad series and people like you write them off for eternity.

STOP THE HYPE MADNESS. LEGEND ??? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

For god's sake rephrase the title of your thread, it's too embarrassing for anti hype people like me.

For anything he is a prospect having a long journey and challenges to overcome to even come close to the team.

If he is a good player he will eventually make it to the team.

Hype should only start once a player is in the Sr. team and you notice something special about the player, to keep the excitement going.

Last edited:
Any from India watched Neo sports show on this lad ? He was even compared to the great Share Warne. It was like India's answer to Shane Warne, since this thread. I think he is some thing special in the making.

That's bcos it was NEO SPORTS DUDE !!!! Do me a favor and don't take it too heart, it's desperation since India has not had a decent spinner since Kumble.

Action is a lot similar to Brad Hogg.. not sure about the legend bit though. A lot of u19 players hit peak but fade away.

Raza hasan is the best left arm young spinner at the moment....he has displayed that in WCT20

looks good.. He is also bowling some offspinners in addition to the regular chinamans..

Yeah. He looks good. But, I am not ok with all the hype. At times we beat Pakistanis when it comes to hyping our players. lol

looks good.. He is also bowling some offspinners in addition to the regular chinamans..

Left arm spinners don't bowl off-spinners.... they bowl leg-spin (Vettori, Rahman, Bedi, etc).... where the ball turns from leg stump to off stump.... or they bowl Chinaman (Kuldeep Yagdav)..... where ball turns from off to leg... of a right handed batman.

Anyway.... the kid looks extremely good.... every chance that he will be a huge success in LOI (ODIs and T20s) .... in very near future.

Left arm spinners don't bowl off-spinners.... they bowl leg-spin (Vettori, Rahman, Bedi, etc).... where the ball turns from leg stump to off stump.... or they bowl Chinaman (Kuldeep Yagdav)..... where ball turns from off to leg... of a right handed batman.

Anyway.... the kid looks extremely good.... every chance that he will be a huge success in LOI (ODIs and T20s) .... in very near future.

If you check the video, you'd see that guy has bowled some offspinners (leg spin) altering his action at 1:30 (or maybe it seemed like that). Thank you for your explanation of what an offspinner and a chinaman signifies.. truly enlightening :)

Last edited:
If you check the video, you'd see that guy has bowled some offspinners (leg spin) altering his action at 1:30 (or maybe it seemed like that). Thank you for your explanation of what an offspinner and a chinaman signifies.. truly enlightening :)

Those are a ChinaMan's googly.As his stock ball will turn from off to leg his googly will go the other way.Hope you got it.

Vettori,Rehman etc are classified as left arm off spinners and not leggies

He looks good but i think his height may be a disadvantage .

Vettori,Rehman etc are classified as left arm off spinners and not leggies

There are two type of left arm spinners

1.SLOW LEFT ARM ORTHODOX BOWLER:whose stock delivery will go from leg to off in case of a RHB.They are not called left arm off spinners.As off spin spins from off to leg for a RHB.

2.LEFT ARM CHINAMAN:Whose a wrist spinner.His stock deliver will go from off to leg in case of a RHB.They are not called Left arm leg spinners as leg spin spins from leg to off.Most ChinaMen have a googly(Spins from Leg to off) a top spinner and even a flipper.

1.SLOW LEFT ARM ORTHODOX BOWLER:whose stock delivery will go from leg to off in case of a RHB.They are not called left arm off spinners.As off spin spins from off to leg for a RHB.

2.LEFT ARM CHINAMAN:Whose a wrist spinner.His stock deliver will go from off to leg in case of a RHB.They are not called Left arm leg spinners as leg spin spins from leg to off.Most ChinaMen have a googly(Spins from Leg to off) a top spinner and even a flipper.

interesting.so in all cases only RHB's view is considered

thanx :)

1.SLOW LEFT ARM ORTHODOX BOWLER (Vettori, Rahman, Bedi, Monty) :whose stock delivery will go from leg to off in case of a RHB.They are not called left arm off spinners.As off spin spins from off to leg for a RHB.

2.LEFT ARM CHINAMAN (Brad Hogg, Kuldeep Yadev): Whose a wrist spinner.His stock deliver will go from off to leg in case of a RHB.They are not called Left arm leg spinners as leg spin spins from leg to off. Most ChinaMen have a googly(Spins from Leg to off) a top spinner and even a flipper.

Exactly.....

Adding two more types..

3. RIGHT ARM OFF SPIN BOWLER (Saqlain, Ajmal, Harbhjan) :whose stock delivery will go from off to leg in case of a RHB. They are called off spinners.

4. RIGHT ARM LEG BREAK/SPIN BOWLER (Warne, Kumble, Mushtaq, Kaneria): Whose a wrist spinner. His stock deliver will go from leg to off in case of a RHB. They are called leg spinners as leg spin spins from leg to off. Most pf these bowlers have a googly (Spins from off to leg) a top spinner and even a flipper.

#1 and #3 are called finger spinners....because they make ball spin with their fingers.

#2 and #4 are called wrist spinners....because they make ball spin with their wrist action.

Interesting prospect, but remember very few Chinamen bowlers have been successful for any length of time in Test cricket. IIRC Hogg and Paul Adams are two of the most successful and nobody would argue they were good Test bowlers.

The title says 'The legend of..' pretty sure that doesn't imply he's a legend

Good to see Raw talent coming from Pakistan and Indian UN-19 Sides

Indian UN-19 Defeated Aus UN-19 Easily in Aus and won

same Pakistan UN-19 Side is doing with Eng UN-19 now days

Good to see Raw talent coming from Pakistan and Indian UN-19 Sides

Indian UN-19 Defeated Aus UN-19 Easily in Aus and won

same Pakistan UN-19 Side is doing with Eng UN-19 now days

Means zero, subcontinent U19 sides always maul Western U19 sides. Our players mature later.

UP needs a good spinner in Ranji this season. Piyush Chawla has stagnated and is not at all delivering us the wins anymore.

Hopefully Kuldip can give us another spin option for the Ranjis.

Means zero, subcontinent U19 sides always maul Western U19 sides. Our players mature later.

not happening that lately..
most english good cricketers are young and south africa mostly blood young cricketers too
aussies are no longer good but i hope its temporary cos i want a strong australian team for some reason it makes things so much mroe interesting and it was always fun to compete with aussies as they know their sports

Raw Talent wise Pakistan is ahead of any Nation

how do u measure raw talent ?
i mean since its raw u cant judge it form results..

to me its kind of BS if some one is so talented he will make it even at higher level otherwise he is not good enough..

dont confuse flair with talent..to me even blocking for whole day is talent in itself ;)

Kuldeep Yadav - Chinaman spinner

Future prospect for India really in Indian bowling he is the biggest threat to opposition

Kuldeep Yadav- Once in a generation Talent!

This lad is a very special,I have watched him very closely as he bowls chinaman like my young son and I believe he will go on to become the best spinner of this generation. India have a great talent which I hope for their sake is not destroyed by too much too soon and over bowling.

Looks really good. Has a natural gift for turning the ball.

we have struggled for a spinning option since Kumble retired hope this guy can do the job

Looks good but once in a generation bowler ?? I think its too much bro

Too early to say. Has a special gift of left arm unorthodox spin. KKR fielding is rubbish today. Guy could have had 2 wickets by now.

The most important thing for the spinner is also the most obvious - big spin and This guy has it. He also has a great googly and wonderful control.

Looks good but once in a generation bowler ?? I think its too much bro

How many good chinamen bowlers have we seen anyway? If only he plays 50 matches, he would have made a name for himself in cricket,

I met the head of the cricket academy at our county and he talked about unfulfilled talents and he specifically mentioned Chawla. My own view is that he will learn from Chawla's mistakes and go all the way.

He bowls too slow as a spinner. Would be ideal if he can add some strength and bowl at the range of 82-85kmph...

Excellent bowler, should keep him away from T20's as I can see him getting flatter and flatter if he plays IPL etc

He is likely going to be successful in T20/IPL like hodgy

ODIs and Tests, I am not too sure

He bowls too slow as a spinner. Would be ideal if he can add some strength and bowl at the range of 82-85kmph...

On the contrarary the biggest flaw with spinners these days is that they bowl too fast and flat .

I have a feeling, this thread will be bumped quite a few times in future for the trolling purpose :p

From U-19, We had Harmeet Singh who had beautiful drift as a SLA orthodox spinner. Petty BCCI politics sent him into oblivion.

Kuldeep looks really good but should be kept away from these T20s. A couple of seasons in domestic cricket with A tours would be the ideal preparation for him. Put him under someone like Kumble or even Sanjay Bangar and let him go through the normal development process.

From U-19, We had Harmeet Singh who had beautiful drift as a SLA orthodox spinner. Petty BCCI politics sent him into oblivion.

Kuldeep looks really good but should be kept away from these T20s. A couple of seasons in domestic cricket with A tours would be the ideal preparation for him. Put him under someone like Kumble or even Sanjay Bangar and let him go through the normal development process.

Just can't get the mentality here. Let him play what he wants He is not your instrumentality for you to speculate on what will or won't help him and what he should prioritize. It's possible to play all formats well, this is the most rewarding one and he should be allowed to forge a career without interference. If he was stopped from playing IPL only lesson kids will learn is a) don't be ear-marked as special talent and b) don't be a bowler, because batsmen can play IPL.

On the contrarary the biggest flaw with spinners these days is that they bowl too fast and flat .

well, yeah. But the question is does he have the ability to bowl 82-85kmp or is he bowling slower because of lack of strength. !!!

Is it true that Akram spotted him during commentary at the U19 WC & recommended him to KKR?

To early for such praise. I remember watching another Indian Sikh spinner playing for under 19's thinking he will be awesome. Never heard of him again.

Kuldeep should get a chance against West Indies at home. He will have a great start to his career.

The last time I thought a spinner had so much potential was when I saw Raza Hasan in the U19 WC but he has gone backwards recently. But this lad looks like going all the way.

So he's been selected for the odi series against the WIs despite never having played a domestic one dayer. Hope the selectors and management know what they are doing.

I doubt he'll get a game though. Dhoni prefers to play it safe by picking the best XI. Only when India have series in bag will Dhoni ever tinker with selection.

If you wanted to select a young inexperienced player then you want to play against a team that have players that have no desire to play for them- on cue come the Windies.

Great to see him being picked.

Raina has talked about him on Twitter and in interviews and that should work in his favour in making an early debut, otherwise an impossible task under Dhoni.

He is good learner it seems, allways sits next to Akram.

He was taken to the cleaners by Malik, so batsmen will work him out the more they play against him, but a great talent nevertheless.

he'll be a decent t20 bowler, not sure about him tests or odis though.

Btw why this kind of bowling called chinaman?

from wikipedia:

In cricketing parlance, the word "chinaman" is used to describe the stock delivery of a left-arm "unorthodox" spin bowler (though some reserve it for the googly delivery [1]). The name has its origins in a Test match played between the West Indies and England at Old Trafford, Manchester, in the year 1933. Elliss "Puss" Achong, a player of Chinese origin, was a left-arm orthodox spinner, playing for the West Indies at the time. According to folklore, Achong is said to have had Walter Robins stumped off a surprise delivery that spun into the right-hander from outside the off stump. As he walked back to the pavilion, Robins said to the umpire, "fancy being done by a bloody Chinaman!",[1] leading to the popularity of the term in England, and subsequently, in the rest of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-arm_unorthodox_spin

Back