CT 2009 | Semi Final 1| 2/10/09| Australia V England | Centurion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rana said:
is the wicket a shocker?
no playing nicely. Probably similar to Pak-Aus match. There is bounce and not much else. Earlier bowlers were getting hit and some wickets were lost by bad shots. Now England has lost too many wickets and too many overs left so they just want to survive as long as they can as that will be the best way to get to a decent total

No Pakistani in the Phashtesht bowler line up?

Attachments

• phashtest.jpg
    phashtest.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 82
12thMan said:
no playing nicely. Probably similar to Pak-Aus match. There is bounce and not much else. Earlier bowlers were getting hit and some wickets were lost by bad shots. Now England has lost too many wickets and too many overs left so they just want to survive as long as they can as that will be the best way to get to a decent total

You seriously think tha Pakistan Vs Australia was similar pitch?

England showing some fight and guts for 1st time in match now!

O no Bugla is commentating again, time to switch to audio from Hunm FM

Afridi_Fan said:
You seriously think tha Pakistan Vs Australia was similar pitch?
I just saw last 35 overs of that match so missed the part of play going on now. This may be a little faster than that. I just see this as a good pitch.

There just isnt the same josh/jazba in non Pak India matches !! So tame - no crowd noise - just players going about their business like robots!

MIG said:
There just isnt the same josh/jazba in non Pak India matches !! So tame - no crowd noise - just players going about their business like robots!
I think they should only allow ODIs between India and Pakistan and ban all other forms of ODI.

I think the timing of Power Play would be critical in the outcome of the match..I think they might use it in last 5 ovs :umarakmal

Eng 189/6 now and have something to defend and maybe more....!

Wow nice incentive for players..Golden ball for Highest wkt taker,Golden bat for highest run scorer...I think MoYo's gonna win that golden bat.. :moyo

England should take the PP now. If either one of the current batsmen gets out they will be in trouble.

ICC Player of the year being smacked all over the place by England's late middle order

A welcome fightback by Eng ... hope they really cash in the powerplay overs to make a match of this.

Oh and congrats to Bresnan on his maiden ODI 50. Good knock. England need him to stay till the end.

@ 10runs per over they can reach 300

Come on England, we are waiting for you........

Can someone pls remind me as to who we want to meet in the finals?

Last edited:
PapaBear said:
@ 10runs per over they can reach 300

Come on England, we are waiting for you........
They should be looking at 5-6 runs per over. No need to take extreme risks at this point. 250 should be a good score.

There's a strong probability of Australia coming out second best in this match.

MIG said:
Although boys can take on anybody ( :inzi ), England will be good. :)

England's bowling looks weak...w/o Broad they may not be as potent and any score below 275 would be quite gettable for the Aussies...

Momo said:
There's a strong probability of Australia coming out second best in this match.
In other words, I think Australia will get thrashed today. :)

Astonishing fightback by Eng - anything near 250 is a slap in the face for Aus

Swann is England's best batsman.

:inzi

Bonting Bhai - Slip kahan gayee?

Was the idea with Lee not that he is a wicket taker so keep the damn slips in place ...

MIG said:
England - never won an ICC tournament, unlike Aus who havent lost many finals!

1 1 . 1 1 4 | . . 4 1 . 1 | 1 . 3 4 4 . | 1 1

Good going,,,,whoever wins I dont want a one sided semi final
England would be good,

Oxy said:
Astonishing fightback by Eng - anything near 250 is a slap in the face for Aus
Australia is beatable guys, let us not make a hawwa out of them

Not too many demons in the pitch - with Broad having buttock issues, Australia will also go hard at England

PapaBear said:
Australia is beatable guys, let us not make a hawwa out of them
Oxy was referring to England being at 101/6 and recovering so well. Slam in the face for the Aussie bowlers.

ozzies lack of quality spin hurting them real bad here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back