CT 2009 | Semi Final 1| 2/10/09| Australia V England | Centurion

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIG said:
Not too many demons in the pitch - with Broad having buttock issues, Australia will also go hard at England
Broad hasnt been good in terms of economy,he wouldve gone for plenty on this track...

The Aussie tail starts at #4 (except MJ) so I think England, who are looking good for 290, will thrash the Aussies today.

I am expecting 5 sixes from James Bond in the remaining overs.

I think Ponting here knows the fragility of his side's batting.

Momo said:
I am expecting 5 sixes from James Bond in the remaining overs.
I doubt whether he has hit an int'l six..
Are u talking about Anderson

Last edited:
Piyaz and Anderson must do the trick now -

even if they just pick up singles they should aim for another 10-15 runs

Well playede England. Great come back.

England's match to lose now! And I am sleepy.

Seen Sheen said:
I doubt whether he has hit an int'l six..
Are u talking about Anderson
I was referring to the Brosnan chap. He is out now.

But what an innings he played! A match winning one.

lol

Anderson being a bit too cheeky. England all out. Well done anyway.

Anderson was looking good too. An MJesque heave and a cheeky Miandad impression! A pity got runout.

I still think England are about 15-20 runs short, but no one knows in a pressure run chase.

A huge lesson to all, especially Pakistan...take the freaking batting power play before the 40th over...

All those taking it after 45, again especially Pakistan, have not benefitted from it at all...

Inswinger said:
Oxy was referring to England being at 101/6 and recovering so well. Slam in the face for the Aussie bowlers.
Yes, I got that I was not referring to what Oxy had said , Oxy was right it was a slap in the face of Ozzi, sorry for that confusion. What I meant was that they look beatable if England had kept wickets....... who knows, Ozi were not unplayable, so Pak should be able to beat them on the day.

That stand of 107 between Bresnan and Wright has added a competitive zing to this semi-final after a seemingly hopeless situation. Australia let them off the hook a bit but came back well during the third Powerplay. England will wish they took the third Powerplay a bit earlier, while Bresnan and Wright were well set.

Just a reminder: Australia has only two batsmen of world-class - Ponts and MJ - so England are favourites from here on.

Momo said:
Just a reminder: Australia has only two batsmen of world-class - Ponts and MJ - so England are favourites from here on.

What about Huss, Momo?

Hope Australia prevail .. a win against them in the final will be more substantial than beating up on the pommies.

What a sucky place to have a tournament this time of the year! First the bees and now huge flies.

Not to mention, the eternal rain threat!

Last edited:
Momo said:
Yeah, get those two early and games in the bag, never mind the bag, bugs have stormed into the ground..

Tim Paine and Shane Watson are out in the middle. And we are in for a slight delay, as there are a few hundred moths, big ones too, that have invaded the pitch. Bugs stop play. They're all over the ground now, and the umpires are having a chat with the groundstaff, thinking of ways to get rid of them.

PapaBear said:
Yeah, get those two early and games in the bag, never mind the bag, bugs have stormed into the ground..
Yeah the first task is to somehow get the bugs into the bag.

Another reminder how weak the human beings are against nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back