Day 1 2nd test at Kolkata [16/03/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalex382

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Gusy this is for all the discussion and scroes.
Well first news is that India has won the toss and decided to bat first.
So wat do u guys think that will ball swing in the first session, cuz Zahee abbas said that there is alot of grass on the pitch.
Source Star new, Wah crickt

here is Team Pkaistan:

what an achievement
Pakistan have made two changes, Shahid Afridi and Mohammad Khalil
comes in, replacing Salman Butt and Naved-ul-Hasan.
Pakistan eleven - Shahid Afridi, Taufeeq Umar, Younis Khan, Yousuf
Youhana, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Asim Kamal, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal,Mohammad Sami, Mohammad Khalil, Danish Kaneria.

ahh so they went with Afridi after all.... lets see if the gamble pays off.

3 seamers and 2 leggies.... Khalil needs to prove he is not just a net practice bowler.

zaheer out Harbhajan in...only change

Inzi: " good batting track... dissappointed on losing toss... hopefully will help seamers in the morning

Rana injured so Khalil in...Butt not playing and Afridi in as with this heat we need 5th bowler"

no malik |-F |-F |-F |-F |-F |-F |-F

batting looks weak .

if they were include afridi as 5th bowler, would have been a goog idea to have malik bat 3 instead of YK.

Wrong team selection. by pakistan. Butt and Malik should have been in there for Toffe and Useless Khan

they shaved he grass \, didnt they??
earlier reports suggested the wicket had a lot of grass on it but now it seems the have made it a typical calcutta pitch

What more does Sami have to do to prove that he does not belong to this level ??

hmmmn already looking like arshad should have played for 1 of the 3 "not quite test quality" seamers.

pakistan losing initiative with the new ball again! disappointing to see this.

theyve bowled one or two good deliveries but very inconsistent stuff!

When Pakistani Pacers are bowling , a warning should be issued : "The content is pathetic and user discretion is advised . Continous viewing could lead to depression for Pakistani fans" .

CrickFan said:
When Pakistani Pacers are bowling , a warning should be issued : "The content is pathetic and user discretion is advised . Continous viewing could lead to depression for Pakistani fans" .

dont be so pessimistic yaar. its the first day of a "5 day" game!

Why do we have a defencive field. At this stage we should try to attack. Their could be a chance.

yar it is so basic that u have to pitch it up with new ball. even a guy like me knows this. and sami n khalil are bowling haf way the pitch . foolz. how many wickets can kaneria take. thats why i was in support of Arshad and Afridi both. Razzaq cud have attacked with Sami wud have made no diff .

CrickFan said:
ATYS : I honestly get depressed everytime I watch Sami ..

i know its not the most heartwarming sight in the world but you'll have more fun watching if you showed a little more patience

who looks to be the better bowler so far - sami or khalil?

India already off to a good start ....it is going to be catch up cricket from now ...

what match ar eyou watching taha??

another no by sami

i sincerely hope this is sami's last series for pak

sami has talent - but he needs someone like waqar to work with him.

he needs to be able to bowl those inswinging yorkers like waqar.

and while im typing danish in the 9th over....

This is too big an ask from Danish. I hpe we do not blow away his 'BHOOT' that we have created for Indians. Razzaq would have been a good change if we really had to make a change.

was khalil really that bad that he had to be changed so soon?

Khalil was much more consistent with his line and length than Sami. I think they are using Khalil wrong.
Looks like he has been asked to target Sehwag with short bowling, going across after pitching leg hoping he would try hook or pull. Thats negative tactics in my opinion.
He shold be bowling on or outside off and making both batsmen play but unfortunately they dont see it that way.
BW and Inzi have gone on the defensive to early in this test match I am afraid.

the introduction of Kaneria this early is anything but a defensive move!

Not attacking the batsman and bringing DK on so soon has put Pakistan in a very ockward situation. Looks like we have lost the match already. Unless it is a gamble, this is not the way we play cricket.

Is DK getting any movement. Or Sami getting any swing. How is the pitch playing?

That All v needed is the inclusion of Amir Sohail in the commentary team.Make watching even worse

kashif77 said:

I am afraid there is no excuse for mediocrity ...Pakistani pace attack won't miss Sami if he choses to hide in some hole at the Eden Gardens ..
This series has to be the end of road for Sami ..people might say it is too early in a Test Match ...Well Guys ... the nature of Test Cricket has changed ..The first session invariably sets the tone of play these days ..Feel sorry for Kaneria ..he has to carry the burden of this pathetic bunch of "Pretenders" who still haven't learnt that line and length is more important than pace and applying Menhdi in the hair ..

appeal till you squeal said:
kasoo10 said:
Looks like we have lost the match already.

you obviously missed the last match completely!!!

Stranger things have happened. But this is showing what Inzi has in his head.

Absolutly moronic team strategy. bowling purposeless short deliveries to sehwag gets him well set.

Kaneria in only the 9th over. what message does that send to team??? Danish is only one who can take wickets ??

this is pathetic. nobody was at the bowling end to collect the ball. khalil would have thrown the ball at bowling end if there was someone there and Gambhir would have been easily gone.

i sincerely hope this is sami's last series for pak

bhai u dont know Sami has potential |-S . how can u drop him. :|v he continue to play on his pathetic potential

CrickFan said:
kashif77 said:

I am afraid there is no excuse for mediocrity ...Pakistani pace attack won't miss Sami if he choses to hide in some hole at the Eden Gardens ..
This series has to be the end of road for Sami ..people might say it is too early in a Test Match ...Well Guys ... the nature of Test Cricket has changed ..The first session invariably sets the tone of play these days ..Feel sorry for Kaneria ..he has to carry the burden of this pathetic bunch of "Pretenders" who still haven't learnt that line and length is more important than pace and applying Menhdi in the hair ..

You still here! |-D

hey guys this comentry site is much better,
http://sify.com/images/Daily_Live_Cricket.html'

this is torturous to watch. Kaneria around the wicket lready?

how fricking defensive can u get ???

Well this is not the time for a spinner to be bowling. Never heard of spin in the 10th over of a test match.

Looks like one day cricket is here early.

dani attacked by indians . curtains for pakistan. atleast we shd have played arshad to support him. pathetic planning to bowl sehwag short pitch deliveries. u have to pitch it up to get some swing. ball in the corridor of uncertainty and make the batsman play.

Bob and Inzi both are frickin morons. absolutly retarded startegy so faar !!

i really feel for beechara Inzi. such limited options. no real quality apart from Dani. kash they wud have selected Shahid Nazir or may be Irshad.

jalex382 said:
hey guys this comentry site is much better,
http://sify.com/images/Daily_Live_Cricket.html'

is that link right- its says page u requested was unavailable?

i guess we're looking at another 100+ opening partnership for the indians...no surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back