Day 3, Test 2 Thread. Pakistan Vs England [22/11/05]

sars_pal said:
Ir rather we get 2 poles 2 nite but dont finish them off as I dont want us to have to bat now in a no gain situation but lets keep it tight and make two more inroads and get that last pole first couple of overs tommorow what do you guys think??

i don't think if we get 3 wickets now our batsman will have to bat

this is day 3 and yet both sides have to play their 2nd innings

Could have easily been 8 or even 9 down. Boys just didn't concentrate!!!!

Stumps.

At the moment a draw looks like the most likely result. But if we can get these last three wickets within the next 20 -30 runs....we still have an excellent chance.

All we need is to set a target of 250 or so on day 5. England will go for it.....they have to. They lose those early wickets....then they shut up shop. And we all know what happened to India when they shut up shop in Bangalore.

I would say at the moment this game is 60% going to be a draw. Probably around 30% a Pakistan win and 10% an England win.

In a way, Pakistan's position has become even safer now.

I think Pakistan should come out charging tomorrow and wrap up things before England get too far ahead, although to be fair, Paks lead, if any will not be more than 35 runs.

After that, it is imperative Pakistan bat out the day. The runs will come.

I think a result in this match is very possible. Tomorrow tailenders should be out within the first 10-16 overs max giving 2 full days of play and both sides almost level score (with pakistan up marginally inshALlah). From here on it will be upto Pakistan to set the tempo of the game... they should look to bat out the entire day & going blitzkrieg near the end of innings to give England a 300+ run chase on last day. Guys.. we won't get away with a low score a 2nd time; our bowlers cant reproduce the efforts of Multan over n over again n English batsmen who have yet to fire will eventually firE (Vaughan/Flintoff/STrauss). 300 run-lead is very achievable seeing as Pakistan are still up by 70 atm and having a 40-50 lead is in reach. Making 250 runs in 2 1/2 sessions will be cakewalk for Pakistan team going at runrate of 3.3-3.5.

The focus should be on making sure that the initiative STAYS with Pakistan and that we look to bat the entire day tomorrow, (if anything) forcing ENgland to chase the target aggressively!

After day 3 it is clear that either this match will end in a draw or Pak will emerge victorious if Pak can wind up the tail quickly tomorrow and score 300 runs and declare by end of day 4 .

Back