Day 3, Test 2 Thread. Pakistan Vs England [22/11/05]

Kaneria's probably bowled more overs per match than any bowler in history.

CrickFan said:
Kaneria might have won matches Pakistan - but I don't know how many he has cost them .. I don't have the records ..anyone who bowls that many overs is bound to get wickets
He has 11 5w hauls, and 8 of them have resulted in Pak wins.

Shoaib also has 11, and 5 of them have resulted in Pak wins.

Either both are matchwinners, or neither. Fact of the matter is Kaneria has won more matches for Pakistan than Shoaib.

pacman said:
What the heck is Waqar talking about. Is he watching the same game or what. He keeps on pointing out that Pakistan will be batting in the 4th innings, and if they have to chase 200 on the last day, it will be difficult. Yeah, that will be difficult, but he's got the teams mixed up. :20:

lol :))) can't believe this

nafajafam said:
Either it will be a draw, or pakistan will win. :D

Hope you right - but I feel Pakistan should have won from this position - they opened the gates for England by dropping those lollies ...if pakistan batting don't do well in 2 nd innings ..england have a chance to win this test .

England have been lucky to survive this long and they know it.

I'm sure this has given them fresh resolve and they'll do their best to last the day without further loss.

Last edited:
Its clear that england wanna see of the day without losing any wickets

dice loaded heavily in favour of batsmen as far as this pitch is concerned - i don't know how good it is for Tests ..and Pakistan's long term development ..wish it was a good sporting track with some assitance to bowlers

this test can be like multan one but this time winner also can be englang

That would be a little matter of 88 more runs the longer they take the less likely the possibility of them winning. We still have a chance just a couple of good overs. They would need to bat extremely well then bowl extremely well and then bat extremely well again to force a result. So dont be a pessimist

England won't get a lead, but definitely reduce the deficit to around 10-20 runs.

Pakistan will prob bat before lunch 2moro, it will be a good time to bat, get a lead of 240 and wicket will crumble end of day 4...........

sami reserving his best for a second innings short burst - so that he can play in the third match at the expense of gul

Sami smiling as he comes on to bowl- not a good sign

pakistan should get those wickets and set the targer of 275 or if afridi fire 300

one thing is certain - shoaib looks like the only bowler who can take wickets on these pitches ... the biggest plus for Pakistan has been his attitude - being dropped has helped him a lot .

brilliant yorker by Sami, nearly breaks Giles toe!

Ace Base said:
Slap Sami Silly.

Then watch as the wickets tumble.

No forcibly chop his hair off giving him a shiny tind. He treasures his hair and if he loses that then well....

AFRIIIIIDIIIIIIIIIIIIII :cool:

what a terrible shot to an innocuous ball but we don't care

G Jones gone. Afridi the partnership breaker who should have 3 has struck.

If we work hard we can still get these 3 wickets cheaply and go in with a lead

English batsmen probably screaming for the light now.

I think close of play to be called any moment, now.

Ace Base said:
English batsmen probably screaming for the light now.

I think close of play to be called any moment, now.

I DON'T THINK ENGLAND WANT TO WIN THIS MATCH!

Asim Kamal at short leg would have caught that one, what a useless bonk Raza is

Are the Pakis trying to set a record for the most dropped catches?

Raza is usually quite a good fielder :12:

Big Mac said:
Asim Kamal at short leg would have caught that one, what a useless bonk Raza is

this is the limit another goes down!!!!!!!!!!! :12:

England will take at least 18 overs tomorrow to get to Pakistan's score. Then they have to bat another 30 to try and set a lead of around a 100. That's more than half the day gone.

You know what happens next.

Match drawn.

OR

The Afridi can go ballistic again and Pakistan secure a lead of 250, Akhtar and Kaneria wrap it up by tea.

Take your pick.

119.1 Afridi to Udal, no run, quick one onto the pads, gets an inside edge onto the pads and it pops off to short leg, Raza just fails to spot it!!

i hope we can pick another one up b4 close of play....

Ir rather we get 2 poles 2 nite but dont finish them off as I dont want us to have to bat now in a no gain situation but lets keep it tight and make two more inroads and get that last pole first couple of overs tommorow what do you guys think??

yk said:
wat hapened big mac?

Bat/pad catch looped up in the air and right over Raza's head and he's just watched it float over him rather than catch it.

England have already batted twice this innings thanks to the Pak fielders.

Back