Day 3, Test 2 Thread. Pakistan Vs England [22/11/05]

CrickFan said:
it is time to look beyond Danish ..he concedes many runs ..comes into the equation only in the second innings ..can't field ...and can't bowl without being warned .. is it time to give others a chance

:))

He is by far the best bowler we have - 11 5w hauls, 8 of them in Pak wins.

CrickFan said:
it is time to look beyond Danish ..he concedes many runs ..comes into the equation only in the second innings ..can't field ...and can't bowl without being warned .. is it time to give others a chance

How about persist with him and let him improve? :19:

Inzi chopping and changing, not letting the batsmen settle, bring back Shoaib. Is he back on the field now?

CrickFan said:

That's bit harsh, his problem is that he attacks too much and tries so many deliveries. It's just one of his weakneses otherwise he is a match winner and he proved it in the first test.

Need a wicket NOW, we have to have a lead of atleast 60 runs

expansive cover drive for 4 ... just spotted an older version of brad pitt in the crowd.
326-5 England

Why are malik and dani bowling?????? All england are doing is picking easy singles to take there score to 327! Inzi needs to wake Up!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Will Pakistan NEVER learn?

Whats the point in getting Malik to bowl?

He's just relieving the pressure created by Danish.

Shez said:
Why are malik and dani bowling?????? All england are doing is picking easy singles to take there lead to 327! Inzi needs to wake Up!!!!!!!!!!!

Inzi is waiting for tea and cup cakes

Need a wicket before tea. Bring Shoaib back on instead of Malik, for last 2 overs.

Hey guys im back! Seems like Shoaib was on fire! Anything else to update me on?

Finally Afridi gets the wicket of Bell

Finally Afridi gets the wicket of Bell

Well, no way England are going to win this one now.

A draw still the most likely outcome.

nafajafam said:
The beast was impotent while you were gone.

Thats why i came back on. Im meant to have a lecture as well now but im sacrificing that for this.

Yes that KEY wicket before tea, that was SOOOO important!!!!!!

Hope its not too little too late.

Man if get a 100 run lead play all day tommrrow and set a target of 250+ we can do this.

time to call ravi and gavaskar to give a pakistani perpective - waqar is more english than botham and co

Allot getting happy that Giles wasnt given out, blatantly as well i might add.

This is probably last over before tea, Bring Shoaib on first thing after tea.

What a glare that was from Afridi!!!!!!!!! What a beast!!!!!!

Waqar just states his opinion everytime. You just want to believe that he is supporting to what Englishmen say. GIve the guy a break

Giles looking wobbly.

Dani and Akhtar should ball at him after tea.

What a brilliant two overs from Afridi! The pressure is mounting and The Beast is applying it.

you have to love simon taufel - he is strict without sounding / looking like a school master ..wish there were more like him

Raz said:
Its just he blatantly shows his bias towards England sometimes.
Well he is English after all.

I just wonder why the Pakistanis don't show their bias to Pakistan. Waqar and Rameez - tum ko tax nahi dena hai to support Pak. :12:

we don't ask for pakistani bias - all one wants is a pakistani perspective - otherwise why not get holding or ian chappel ..they can give you a better insight ..can speak better english and have more knowledge of the game

zaf1986 said:
Well he is English after all.

I just wonder why the Pakistanis don't show their bias to Pakistan. Waqar and Rameez - tum ko tax nahi dena hai to support Pak. :12:

they are stating their opinions.. dont like it? deal with it or mute the channel

If Pakistan manage to bowl out England today, which is possible though not entirely probable, they'll go into Day 4 with a 50 to 60 run lead.

They must first ensure they bat all day to get around 350 runs ahead, then put England in on the last day.

It might sound like a boring safety first approach but I believe it'll put immense pressure on the Englisg batsmen.

CrickFan said:
you have to love simon taufel - he is strict without sounding / looking like a school master ..wish there were more like him

He not the best for just any old reason and all the players and teams respect him and Aleem Dar more than any other umpire.

Ace Base said:
If Pakistan manage to bowl out England today, which is possible though not entirely probable, they'll go into Day 4 with a 50 to 60 run lead.

They must first ensure they bat all day to get around 350 runs ahead, then put England in on the last day.

It might sound like a boring safety first approach but I believe it'll put immense pressure on the Englisg batsmen.

And also means they can attack as much as they like.

If Pakistan can manage to get another wicket before tea, then I will concede that the probablility of a result in Pakistan's favour is the favourite outcome.

Anything over 250 plus on the 5 th day pitch would be very hard to get.

Okay, here it comes. Giles will fall to Kaneria. Inshallah.

Mark my words.

invictus i doubt putting up a good score will be the problem for pakistan because we wil inshAllah be able to put up a 400+ target easily.. (inshAllah). However, the whole strategy is in to give them a target they think they CAN chase so that they play aggressive cricket in order to win the match & then in that mindframe bowl them out. Its a nice batting track but I totally think Pak can seal the series in this game ! :)

250-300 should keep them interested. I dont mind if they go on the defensive. Thats what India did and lost the match. We got attacking bolwers and if they give up the chase then we can attack all out.

77mph quicker delivery going for 4. Giles poking his bat out and gets 4 lucky runs.

I don't think Pakistan will be able to bowl out England tonight.

Maybe get them down to 7 or 8 but not all out.

Of course, this doesn't work to England's favour either as it means they have the tail tottering around, eating up valuable time.

As far as setting a target is concerned, England, at this stage are desperate to win and will attck anything you give them.

Well at the moment they are getting a boundary every over, need to stop that NOW

Kaneria still wicketless because he must concede 27 more runs.

If we bowl them out today....bat all day tomorrow. Set them day 5 target. Kaneria and Lala run through them.

Pak win series.

It does'nt matter who but as long as wickets are picked up. I wont mind a 50-60 runs lead.

Back