England (337/4) defeat India (336/6) by 6 wickets to win 2nd ODI - Series level at 1-1

Eng will be relieved they won't need to rely on bhai now, phewww!

Krishna is the find of the series so far. Once he develops some additional skills, he can easily be India's third seamer in all formats

I can't just stand by him..........all bowlers if u see...even Stokes ..is ok....but he has an aur of arrogance

Can't blame him. A millionaire with some good white ball skills. One out of 11 in a billion. If he can't get to be arrogant, who is?

PSL churning up all these quality players for the English side, what a debut by Livingstone.

I can't just stand by him..........all bowlers if u see...even Stokes ..is ok....but he has an aur of arrogance

He probably earned it with his economical bowling but yeah, good that he got a bit of a smacking.

338 was an under-par score. If India had played the middle overs more diligently then the chase would have been 375 for England and that would have been an extremely close match.

We are more concerned about our individual achievements and centuries.

Team comes second.

Modern era brutally exposes selfishness (and bad strategy).

We're keeping a fast bowler with a bowling average of 42 in the team just for his lower order batting. :vk1

We are more concerned about our individual achievements and centuries.

Team comes second.

Modern era brutally exposes selfishness (and bad strategy).

India would have lost wickets had they attacked more. The way things were going, they punched above their weight with 330.

Against England even 400 is not safe. 336 is a very poor effort. Will work against mediocre batting lineups like Srilanka, Pakistan, South Africa etc. Not against batting units like England/Australia and NZ.

India should keep experimenting even if they lose. Bring in SKY for the next match. All these W/Ls are of no use if they don't have a solid defined team before the coming WC. Don't want a repeat of 2019.

India would have lost wickets had they attacked more. The way things were going, they punched above their weight with 330.

Then might as well wave the flag and expect defeat in tournaments.

I am seeing that India went at 4.5 rpo in the middle overs ina 350 par pitch (as [MENTION=140266]JattMaula[/MENTION] mentioned at half time).

The issue is mindset.

We sort that out.. we can devise ways to score fast and have contingency plans to prevent or arrest collapses.

Right now, every Indian batsman except Pant amd Pandya are selfish stat boosters.

Against England even 400 is not safe. 336 is a very poor effort. Will work against mediocre batting lineups like Srilanka, Pakistan, South Africa etc. Not against batting units like England/Australia and NZ.

Can work against NZ and Ozzies too, but definitely not against England - the greatest side of the decade.

Now I am not on the hype train but how is Pant new Umar Akmal? What is Umar Akmal's achievement? Pant has got test centuries in Eng & Aust. He won his team a test series in Australia on a venue where they were unbeaten for 43 years. I am baffled that you are comparing him with Umar Akmal...lol.

Umar Akmal got a brilliant hundred (+ an extra 75 runs) in a test match in New Zealand, against a rampaging Shane Bond, on a seaming deck. He also has 20 ODI 50s to Pant's 2 50s.

No one is saying they're destined to follow the same course over their careers. However, I think Pant will end up an overhyped, unfulfilled talent.

India has been the No. 1 test team for several years. You have Misbah's pic with the mace which was taken away almost by the time he stepped down from the podium.

India also won the CT too but I agree that's not a relevant trophy.

All ICC trophies are relevant trophies because thats all cricket has other than bilateral series. However generally speaking for a country like India and population of 1.3billion and counting what they have achieved in the last years is probably under par.

Just seen the score :))):))):))):))):))):))):))):))):))):)))

India's famed glorious bowling took an absolute pasting.

Humiliation!

Kuldeep Yadav :)))

Krunal Pandya :)))

That's an easy excuse. India however went to SF or finals in every major tournament. On the day of, anything can happen. Heck, Croatia played the last WC final. Good systems bring consistent results. Trophies can be won or lost and it's not like India won't win any in the future. Who knows? Bumrah is one of the best fast bowlers around. FTBs and hacks? I guess you are confusing between Moeen Ali and Indian batters here.

I know bilal is using it to undermine Indian players but hes wrong.

The issue is the phattu management, captain and outdated strategy.

We change that and this team can do wonders.

Astonishing hitting. I didn’t think England could chase that down.

He will not be playing when Bumrah comes back. This is a backup bowling line up.

The fact that he's the backup bowling option is a mistake. Surely we've got better pace bowlers than Shardul Thakur in domestic cricket. Even Prasidh Krishna did well on debut.

Can work against NZ and Ozzies too, but definitely not against England - the greatest side of the decade.

336 would have worked against anyone other than England. The only question is this Indian bowling up was one of the poorest I have seen for an international side in a long time. The amount of half trackers from the spinners and also from pacers were unbelievable.

I know its a makeshift attack but it was a poor attack who had a poor day as well.

I know bilal is using it to undermine Indian players but hes wrong.

The issue is the phattu management, captain and outdated strategy.

We change that and this team can do wonders.

Yeah. A Rahane, A Yuvi can derail the final as well. Lot of things need to click to win a final.

Then might as well wave the flag and expect defeat in tournaments.

I am seeing that India went at 4.5 rpo in the middle overs ina 350 par pitch (as [MENTION=140266]JattMaula[/MENTION] mentioned at half time).

The issue is mindset.

We sort that out.. we can devise ways to score fast and have contingency plans to prevent or arrest collapses.

Right now, every Indian batsman except Pant amd Pandya are selfish stat boosters.

That's a fair point. However, there is a balance that Kohli and co are trying to strike. We lost the 2019 WC not because our batsmen can't hit big but because we collapsed while chasing a small total. Need players who can do both.

Awesome, plain awesome batting by Stokes! Wow, just wow! Great hitting! Sad that he missed out on a century by just one run. He should be the Man of the Match.

They will bring Chahal in the next game. He's not in good form either. Hardik should bowl in the next game

That's a fair point. However, there is a balance that Kohli and co are trying to strike. We lost the 2019 WC not because our batsmen can't hit big but because we collapsed while chasing a small total. Need players who can do both.

Nothing wrong with Indias batting and wickets at home in an ICC tournament will favor them even more. If they post 336 safely in a semi they will have a very high chance of winning.

Yeah. A Rahane, A Yuvi can derail the final as well. Lot of things need to click to win a final.

Yeah...

Yuvi fiasco was waiting to happen.

I called it out even before the final that he qould lose it for us.

Poor team management didnt realize the threat...and we lost a winnable tournament.

A team which has Rahane in t20 deserves to lose.

Again called out India after they scored 190 on a complete belter with Rahane playing a nice anchor knock...you should have seen the backlash i received back then at half time....only for India to promptly get ombooted from the tournament.

Fans have changed.

But indian team hasnt.

We lost WC 2019 cos we didnt have a batting lineup post top 3.

Another issue that was constantly pointed out which the team ignored.

The amount of useless bilaterals we won due to our top 3 scoring all the runs on easy tracks with numbers 4-7 constantly rotated, benched or dropped for the slightest of failures was insane.

Atleast we are building a batting lineup now. But mindset hasnt changed.

"We match-up players in the dressing room, when the spinners came on that was my match-up to take them on." - Ben Stokes

"match-up" - new buzzword

Lolllolololol the trolls are out in full force! :)))

Takes me back to that 36 ao game. :

Looks like the subsequent humiliation wasn't enough.

MOM is Bairstow. That's a shame. Stokes turned the game

Virat Kohli: I think we set quite a decent total on the board.

Jos Buttler: I thought we put in a very good bowling performance as well to restrict India to that total.

Who is right?

Virat Kohli: I think we set quite a decent total on the board.

Jos Buttler: I thought we put in a very good bowling performance as well to restrict India to that total.

Who is right?
336 is not decent against this English batting line-up. Needed at least 400 to make a match of it and we fell short by quite a bit.

If life worked in vaccuum, you will be right.

I believe i explained to you this but if you wish to see world as black and white...its your choice.

Nothing teaches you like failure.

A wrong strategy has to fail for you to revert to the right strategy.

If the team is thick headed to continue with tehir strategy, nothing wrong in hoping to see them lose so they will take corrective measures.

Your entitled to your opinion, I do think India are a top class LO team but are a little too conservative. But I also believe you are a little harsh. You still have a chance of winning World T20. It's not like you have 0 chance at all. A bit more intent in the batting,Bumrah returning, and key players in form and you have a great chance of LO success.

Virat Kohli | Losing skipper: I think we set up quite a decent total. It was going to be challenging if we stayed in the game for long periods. We started off well with the new ball, with our lines and lengths but England found a way to hang on and got a century partnership. We did falter a bit at times but mostly, that was some of the best hitting that you'll ever see. We never had a chance during their partnership (Stokes-Bairstow), that's how good they were. Don't think dew was much of a factor. Maybe the wicket settled a bit better but that's no excuse. We just defended a score two days ago. Tonight was a case of lack of execution at certain stages but they didn't give us anything. It's rare to play at such a high strike-rate and not give any chances. We need to manage his (Hardik) body. Need to understand where we need this skill set. Did utilise him in the T20Is but in the ODIs, it's about managing his workload. We have Test cricket in England coming up too. So it's important for us to have him fit. We lost two wickets early, needed a partnership and that happened between KL and myself. KL got a big score, really happy for him. And then Rishabh changed the game there. We thought that 300 would be a great effort but getting those 35 extra runs was good. Pleased to see these youngsters coming and doing well. (On his century drought) I never played for hundreds in my life, probably why I ended up getting so many in such a short while. It's more important for the team to win. If I get a three-figure score and the team doesn't win, it means nothing.

:))

Moeen did an exceptional job in the middle overs, along with the Bairstow/Stokes partnership this was also where India lost the game, they will need to show more intent during the middle period

Virat Kohli | Losing skipper: I think we set up quite a decent total. It was going to be challenging if we stayed in the game for long periods. We started off well with the new ball, with our lines and lengths but England found a way to hang on and got a century partnership. We did falter a bit at times but mostly, that was some of the best hitting that you'll ever see. We never had a chance during their partnership (Stokes-Bairstow), that's how good they were. Don't think dew was much of a factor. Maybe the wicket settled a bit better but that's no excuse. We just defended a score two days ago. Tonight was a case of lack of execution at certain stages but they didn't give us anything. It's rare to play at such a high strike-rate and not give any chances. We need to manage his (Hardik) body. Need to understand where we need this skill set. Did utilise him in the T20Is but in the ODIs, it's about managing his workload. We have Test cricket in England coming up too. So it's important for us to have him fit. We lost two wickets early, needed a partnership and that happened between KL and myself. KL got a big score, really happy for him. And then Rishabh changed the game there. We thought that 300 would be a great effort but getting those 35 extra runs was good. Pleased to see these youngsters coming and doing well. (On his century drought) I never played for hundreds in my life, probably why I ended up getting so many in such a short while. It's more important for the team to win. If I get a three-figure score and the team doesn't win, it means nothing.

No wonder we have not won any trophy under captain clueless.

[MENTION=141114]Hasan123[/MENTION]

Little harsh?

Team hasnt won anything of note since 2013.

Look at it from an indian perspective than a pakistani perspective.

Also i never said indian team isnt good or that they have no chance.

They are criminally wasting its talent. Thats my issue.

Lol, so a total of 300 would have been a good total for Kohli. This guy is even more thick headed than I thought he was.

Little harsh?

Not a single LoI trophy in 8 years, despite so much talent! Let that sink in first.

If we miss out on world t20 this year....

It will be a decade without a trophy (2023) with all this talent.

Incredible.
Only in India, someone like Dhoni playing on despite being past it for at least 4 years.

Dhawan shouldn't even play in our 3rd XI and here he is, playing continuously.

No wonder, things have to come to this pass.

Next gem from Bilal:

Kohli is a good LoI captain.

Right up there with Pant is the same as Umar akmal.

Right up there with Ajmal is the great LOI bowler.

Typical fans

If India win - These bilaterals are useless, point less series, not interested to watch. We are are not winning ICC trophies bla bla..

If India loose one match- We are pathetic, we cant win trophy.

Next day after one win : Change the tune.

Enna daww:)) Enna samasye?
singing same song again and again..
cant enjoy the single moment:)))

Only in India, someone like Dhoni playing on despite being past it for at least 4 years.

Dhawan shouldn't even play in our 3rd XI and here he is, playing continuously.

No wonder, things have to come to this pass.

I am not even surprised at this point.

I used to feel bad earlier but now its all fun and games for me.

Little harsh?

Okay fair enough.

Typical fans

If India win - These bilaterals are useless, point less series, not interested to watch. We are are not winning ICC trophies bla bla..

If India loose one match- We are pathetic, we cant win trophy.

Next day after one win : Change the tune.

Enna daww:)) Enna samasye?
singing same song again and again..
cant enjoy the single moment:)))

Yeah. You are not wrong on this one though. :inti

Fans are going overboard, these are the two top ODI and T20 teams playing. Neither side will show complete dominance over the other

This was an excellent chase by England. Stokes definitely needs to bat up the order in LO .

Amazing batting - Well done England. Hopefully the law of averages catches up with Roy and Bairstow on Sunday

Despite these two teams being the top 2 in world LOI cricket, there was only one close game in T20Is and ODIs so far. It's utter dominance by either team in almost every game Hope the third ODI is as fascinating as the 4rh T20I.

Back