England (337/4) defeat India (336/6) by 6 wickets to win 2nd ODI - Series level at 1-1

Disagree. Despite scoring 100-odd, he still couldn't score at 6 rpo. That's downright poor!

He came in to bat when we were 2 wickets down at around 40. Both he and Kohli had to start a rebuilding process. If he or Kohli would have got out before team score 100 we wouldnt even have got 300. He got into his 90s with a 6. He was doing alright at run a ball. But what was wrong was not able to core a quickfire 40 after his century like he did in IPL last year.

Still not easy for England with 3 economical overs from Bhuvi to come, unless others continue get mauled.

If I was captain I would have kept Ashwin in my OD squad.

Though his batting is not suited for white ball , yet I would have played him in crucial games.

Disagree. Ashwin has improved as a test cricketer by staying away from the ODI and T20I run fests.

You've got to tip your hats off to these guys. This is just phenomenal hitting.

:salute

If I was captain I would have kept Ashwin in my OD squad.

Though his batting is not suited for white ball , yet I would have played him in crucial games.
Its still far better than what KulCha offer with bat.

That's the end of Kuli. As I said earlier, a bowler cannot be so dependent on "confidence".

What a feel to keep bowling Kuldeep! If Pandya can't bowl, then at least Rohit should have bowled a over to see if it changed...

This Kuldeep over giving me feel of 3 hour movie which is just not getting over.

Another big problem for us is not being able to take wickets upfront. That has hurt us really badly in ODIs.

Welcome to league cricket next year Kuldeep bhai, I’m sure many clubs would love to have him as an overseas pro

Amazing how the Indian think tank spent 5 minutes discussing whether Kuldeep should bowl the next over before handing it to him

Kuldeep's inability to ball at a faster pace is really seeing his career go down in white ball cricket and he hasnt improved that since his debut as well. Only time he can increase his pace is when he bowls a flatter one. His stock balls are generally low 80s and sometimes high 70s. When all you variations have been decoded by other teams then such a pace is rarely going to work.

Brutal by Stokes, jeez.

Also, Karthik is a fantastic commentator.

Welcome to league cricket next year Kuldeep bhai, I’m sure many clubs would love to have him as an overseas pro

KKR has made some poor investments but they saw Kuli's deficiencies from miles away. People who criticized them for not giving him enough chances were wrong.

What are Indians doing here? It’s like they have gone back to the 70s with this pathetic bowling

Massacre!! I think Kuldeep will be out of the team for a while. Krunal's bowling is bad as we already know. Indians were probably 30 runs short too

Kuldeep drops a tough chance also

He is being chased like Rajpal Yadav in Hungama

lol, Krunal isn't mohalla class, leave alone international.

I've seen enough "flashy" players as a fan of Pakistan. Pant is going to go the Umar Akmal route. His fundamentals are flawed.

Pant is freakishly talented. Umar is not fit to tie his shoelaces. He is well on his way of becoming the greatest Test WK batsman in Asian cricket history and will have a wonderful LOI career as well.

Also, he is a miles better batsman than Moeen.

5 overs for 65 Krunal Pandya

Surely that has to be a world record???

The English commentators are vouching for the Indian approach, and pundits here are vouching for england approach

No wonder the English commentators were elated with India's tried and tested strategy of "building a solid foundation and launching at the end" when India were meandering at 4.5 an over through the middle overs:)))

A privilege to watch two of the best LOI teams of this era.

Phenomenal cricket by both sides.

Chahal must be having ladoo in his heart seeing the phainta Kuldeep is getting.

Pant is freakishly talented. Umar is not fit to tie his shoelaces. He is well on his way of becoming the greatest Test WK batsman in Asian cricket history and will have a wonderful LOI career as well.

Also, he is a miles better batsman than Moeen.

Umar Akmal is capable of averaging close to 50 as a top order batsman in tests and ODIs at high strike rates currently.

X factor providing the Xtra pace to sail over the boundary for 6

Add 30-40 runs to India's score using whatever template and England would still win this match.
Pathetic bowling

This is some humiliation. Indian bowlers treated like mohalla bowlers

If the beast mode works, this is how it looks. If it doesn't, it looks like last game. Eitherway Kudos to Eng for sticking to it no matter what

As I said at least 360 is par in Pune. Though it would have still been a losing total for India.

India still havent embraced modern batting. Left 50 runs umscored in middle overs and power play..

One of the greatest knocks of Stokes’ stellar career. The list keeps growing.

A once in a century cricketer. The modern day Sobers.

Selfish batting from Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli and Rahul costing India the match :inti

Reminds me of that Trent Bridge game against Pakistan where Eng scored 444. Had Eng batted first...they would have posted similar total here too. Tremendous hitting

One of the greatest knocks of Stokes’ stellar career. The list keeps growing.

A once in a century cricketer. The modern day Sobers.

Modern Day sober’s bowling is on par with Faheem Sobers

Back