England (337/4) defeat India (336/6) by 6 wickets to win 2nd ODI - Series level at 1-1

Indian's bowling line is good for T20 but ineffective in ODIs. It is a good job that they often have a big score to defend. They desperately need Bumrah.

Hope England hunts this down in 40 overs. This will be a lesson for India's top order. KL Rahul was taking singles even around 45th over without taking any risks just to get to his 100.

Indian's bowling line is good for T20 but ineffective in ODIs. It is a good job that they often have a big score to defend. They desperately need Bumrah.

Against England, Pakistan lost in 45 overs despite scoring 350 + . :inti

Hope England hunts this down in 40 overs. This will be a lesson for India's top order. KL Rahul was taking singles even around 45th over without taking any risks just to get to his 100.
Yeah, that was a horrible innings from Rahul. But will still be feted by masses in India.

So can you guarantee that if they didn't choke that India would win the tournament? Do you call our loss to West Indies in the 2016 T20 World Cup semifinals against West Indies a top order choke too?

Okay, so now we are moving from 50 over mathces to T20. Specially when all the discussion so far was around India's approach in ODI and your blame that India not winning ICC trophies due to that approach/template. Leave it.

But I get your point. India will win WCs using England's template even if top 4 batsman choks in knockouts.

Agree for this. KL was too much focused on his century and wasted many balls taking singles.

England in the driving seat, but the traditional English batting collapse is only ever a couple of balls away.

Okay, so now we are moving from 50 over mathces to T20. Specially when all the discussion so far was around India's approach in ODI and your blame that India not winning ICC trophies due to that approach/template.

They haven't won a T20 World Cup in that time frame either. And the next ICC event is the World T20.

But I get your point. India will win WCs using England's template even if top 4 batsman choks in knockouts.
Like I said, there is precedent for India's top order not choking in a knockouts and still losing. In that SF vs West Indies, their issue was that they didn't put enough runs on the board. And that's what they're coming under criticism for here as well.

England's game to lose from here. Great batting so far.

England learnt their lessons. India did not. We should not be surprised

I think it is. Great bit of fielding from Kuldeep.

Agree for this. KL was too much focused on his century and wasted many balls taking singles.

It was just painful to watch. It would have been more painful if he started crying. Selfish innings. He probably cost India 30 runs.

Zing bails need to be boycotted

They are against the law of the game. They light up even if they have not been fully dislodged!

KL Rahul was taking singles even around 45th over without taking any risks just to get to his 100.

I don't know why they brought Rahul up to No. 4 when he was doing very well at No. 5. Rahul plays with a greater sense of urgency at that position. There's no need to mess with it just because Iyer isn't in the team. Pant should play at No. 4 instead.

The umpiring has been anti India from day 1 in this series, as if we are away team. How come that is not out, nothing was behind the line when the ball was off

Stokes should have been out there, very sloppy and extremely lucky.

If a high quality bowling unit like Pakistan couldnt stop them in a day match, its impossible to stop them under lights :inti
My point is that the only wicket down is due to suicidal run out. You expect atleast 2 or 3 wickets taken by bowlers by now, win or lose is seperate matter.

The umpiring has been anti India from day 1 in this series, as if we are away team. How come that is not out, nothing was behind the line when the ball was off
We should forget about that old adage of "line belongs to umpire".

Without taking wickets, we don't have any hopes in this game.

India to get a wicket soon, after Bairstow competed his 100 he will surely play some risky shots.

I think Rahil was alright. Somebody had to anchor. Kohli played a very risk-free innings and struggled to hit moeen and rashid.
Disagree. Despite scoring 100-odd, he still couldn't score at 6 rpo. That's downright poor!

I don't know why they brought Rahul up to No. 4 when he was doing very well at No. 5. Rahul plays with a greater sense of urgency at that position. There's no need to mess with it just because Iyer isn't in the team. Pant should play at No. 4 instead.

They took a leaf from my book and paying the price :smith

Kuldeep is done as a cricketer I guess, should stick to IPLs (even IPL teams may not favor him!)

As the saying goes, every little helps...Moeen's economical spell may prove to be the difference between the teams...

Kuldeep and Chahal used to bowl well together. Now both are trash. :inti

I think they got the success on some English Summer wickets & against SA who are not that great against spin (not sure they clicked on Indian flat pitches though), also they were relatively new and teams didn't figured out. (Still I think they can trouble some lesser teams!)

Perhaps India have to go back to Ashwin/Jadeja (I think Jadeja's return can sort some issues).

Axar should play the next match. In ODIs with spread field and bit softer ball, he might trouble English batsmen!

Last edited:
Don't know why don't we try Ashwin again. He is any day better than these pretenders, with his batting abilities (and experience) being bonus.

Very soon, the art of bowling flight will also finish in cricket

Kuldeep bowling like Shadab lol
Have not seen Shadab bowl this bad as often even during his injury. He beats the batsmen atleast few times wicket or no wicket. But let's not discuss Pakistan players here.

Don't know why don't we try Ashwin again. He is any day better than these pretenders, with his batting abilities (and experience) being bonus.

If I was captain I would have kept Ashwin in my OD squad.

Though his batting is not suited for white ball , yet I would have played him in crucial games.

Back