England (823/7d) secure a historic win by an inning and 47 runs against Pakistan (556 & 220) in the 1st Test match and lead the 3-match series 1-0

The grinder is good for 3, a bit like root.

Personally I would just go for Fakhar Zaman in this series at least if I am to replace Saim (I don’t want to replace him).

Zack Crawley has a Test average of 32 and he’s an absolute butcher on these wickets. Back the guy who you know can give the ball some tap.
Fair enough, then who will you recommend for #3? And would you continue with Shafique, assuming you want Saim for aggression.

Has Fakhar played any red ball cricket recently? (Sorry dont really follow Pakistan FC).

This would be my Team

1.Shafique
2.Hurraira
3.Shan (CPT)
4.Ghulam
5.Shakeel
6.Salman
7.Rizwan (WK)
8.Jamal
9.Noman Ali
10.Dahani
11.Khuram Shahzad
Meaning the King to be dropped on his thirtieth birthday. The king has to celebrate his birthday by making 4000 runs in test cricket.

Some records and milestones as England scores an extraordinary 823 runs against Pakistan

Cricket’s 2,553th test match won’t be forgotten in a hurry.

England set records and reached milestones in compiling an extraordinary 823-7 declared against Pakistan in Multan.

Here’s a flavor of them:

TOTAL SCORE

It was the fourth time a team scored more than 800 runs — and the first time this century. Only three totals have been bigger: Sri Lanka’s 952-6 declared against India in 1997; England’s 903-7 declared against Australia in 1938; and England’s 849 all out against the West Indies in 1930

JOE ROOT

Root became England’s highest run-scorer in tests during his career-best knock of 262 as he surpassed Alastair Cook. He moved to fifth place on the all-time list, behind only Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting, Jacques Kallis and Rahul Dravid.

HARRY BROOK

Brook outscored Root in hitting 317, tied for 20th in the list of highest individual scores in test cricket. He became the sixth Englishman to make a triple-hundred, and the first since Graham Gooch in 1990.

PARTNERSHIP

Root and Brook put on a partnership of 454 runs, the highest ever for England and the fourth highest in test history. The biggest remains 624 between Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene for Sri Lanka against South Africa in 2006.

BOWLING

Six Pakistan bowlers conceded more than 100 runs. It is just the second time that has happened in tests, after Zimbabwe against Sri Lanka in 2004.

AP NEWS

Just tuned in...
Geez innings defeat after 550 is like Geez this is Angrez log taking doogna-tigna lagaan....

Eng fans - my congratulations
Pak fans - my Commiserations especially the genuine cricket lovers.
my fellow Indian Fans - lay off guys, lets appreicate the skills on offer in the last 2 test matches played( am including kanpur), lets stick to commenting on cricketing skills only.

Lastly, this pitch - even if you play the 2nd, 3rd , 4th... test on this same pitch - i doubt it will do something real dramatic
PCB - u guys need to sort out your pitch woes.....Bigtime!

Just tuned in...
Geez innings defeat after 550 is like Geez this is Angrez log taking doogna-tigna lagaan....

Eng fans - my congratulations
Pak fans - my Commiserations especially the genuine cricket lovers.
my fellow Indian Fans - lay off guys, lets appreicate the skills on offer in the last 2 test matches played( am including kanpur), lets stick to commenting on cricketing skills only.

Lastly, this pitch - even if you play the 2nd, 3rd , 4th... test on this same pitch - i doubt it will do something real dramatic
PCB - u guys need to sort out your pitch woes.....Bigtime!
No laying off. Time to pile more pain. Kya pata kab apna time aa jaye.

Am not a big fan of Harsha Bhogle the commie whose staccato says a lot but says very less of relevance with all the weird comparison descriptions novelty in the 90's earsore nowadays......
but i must say his tweet you have shared is absolutely spot on....
aamir Jamal - he's terrific and one for the future... so's NS - another young gun..

Amazing win by England. After India's two days win Vs Us this was another masterclass showing test cricket is not dead
Teams should go after win no matter what. There was a match where MSD had to sit out in 2014 Australian tour. So Kohli was substituted him as captain in the Adelaide oval test. He set the tone in his first match. India needed 364 to win the test. Everyone thought India would play for draw. But they took up the challenge. At one point 242/2. THen Vijay got out in the nervous 90s. Rahane was wrongly given out. India still could have shut shop. But they went after it. Kohli made 141. ndia fell short by 33 runs. But the team already showed intent to win unlike DHoni's team who were not bold. It has to come from the captain. Winning mentality. Once Kohli became the captain India started winnign more matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teams should go after win no matter what. There was a match where MSD had to sit out in 2014 Australian tour. So Kohli was substituted him as captain in the Adelaide oval test. He set the tone in his first match. India needed 364 to win the test. Everyone thought India would play for draw. But they took up the challenge. At one point 242/2. THen Vijay got out in the nervous 90s. Rahane was wrongly given out. India still could have shut shop. But they went after it. Kohli made 141. ndia fell short by 33 runs. But the team already showed intent to win unlike DHoni's team who were not bold. It has to come from the captain. Winning mentality. Once Kohli became the captain India started winnign more matches.
Yah, he changed the Indian mindset by playing for wins and backing pacers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, who loses by an innings after scoring 556? It is almost unheard off. Credit also must go to England for scoring 823 runs in 150 odd overs with a whopping run rate of over 5. This is Bazball at its finest and McCullum/Stokes/Rob Key can take a lot of pride in it.

Naaah ... the "Credit" goes entirely to the newly minted minnows of Test cricket. This is like child abuse of the worst kind and McCullum would be embarrassed to talk about it.

Amazing win by England. After India's two days win Vs Us this was another masterclass showing test cricket is not dead
Test cricket is dead because those two results are occurred.
That shows there is a huge gap between the playing nations.

This is easier said than done when you have club grade players to work with... the overall skill levels Of that Indian team is million miles ahead of the current Pakistani batting.

Even a 40 yr old washed up Kohli would easily be the 1st choice pick in this team.

Pakistan should forget this loss and move ahead because many more losses to come if this team is not willing to improve and correct their mistakes.

Shoaib Akhtar speaking on PTV sports:

"You will reap what you sow. Over the decades, I have seen the decline. The situation is disappointing. Losing is fine, but the game should be close. However, what we saw over the past two days, they completely gave up hope. This shows that we aren't good enough. England scored 800+ and Bangladesh also beat you.”

"Fans are saying that Pakistan should withdraw from WTC. ICC must be thinking 'should we send teams to Pakistan and keep their Test status alive'. It's just disheartening. This is going to hurt Pakistan cricket, fans, and the upcoming talents. I want to request the PCB to sort out this mess.”

"If your management and captain are weak, there will be groupism. If the captain is selfish, there will be groupism. Same is the case if the coaches are afraid of the captain. The captain calls the shot when it comes to selection. This has been the culture since my playing days.”

Kamran Akmal speaking on his Youtube Channel:

"The world must be amazed by the way Pakistan lost. Nobody will believe this. Pakistan side has become a locality team. Even the club team doesn't perform like this. This is the current standard of our team. We win against small teams but can't even get close to big teams. The whole world is laughing at the Pakistan team."

"Pakistan team have selfish approach. In our country, players play for their personal milestones and then think about the team. The captain should be asked who is the player involved in this. Inquire about this and remove the responsible person. You are favouring them without performance. The whole world is playing against Pakistan to make records. Shameful performance."

Back