England v Pakistan | First Test | Day 2 : Session 1 | Trent Bridge | 30/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butt wasnt looking in his usual touch. Azhar comes IN.

Based on the Pak batting talent, they will do very well to get 150 here. Thats the max we can expect.

BUTT GONE!!!!

The Youngsters will again be exposed to tough bowling with ball moving around.

I am expecting Azhar ali to perform well today.

I also want malik to come at #4 today.

Pakistan were always going to find the New ball and swing tough!

We cant afford to lose anymore wickets!

Its just me or Farhat was looking better then Butt out there? Conditions are great for bowling, if only Pak had batted first.

Another 2/3 overs to get through before lunch here...

Hopefully Azhar can build on his performances from Aussie series!

Hes off the Mark!

Agnew and Raja saab said there was a SMALLLL hotspot

Ali with a close edge thru gully! 2 more runs

GOOD butt is gone, he was playing like someone is chucking BOMBS at him... he is so nervous...

he done the same with Australlia gets to nervous... Imran Farhat on other hands plays relaxingly...

Lets hope these two batsman now get a good partnership

2 runs taken.

You cant underestimate this England bowling lineup like a lot of Pakistan fans are,at this point in time,England are stronger than Australia.

butt has looked iffy since he taken the captaincy he was brilliant in the first test but seems to have gone back to having a uncertain poke in the last few innings.

See they showing how the Pakistanis get out. How to get them out. Didnt show how to get the english bastmen out do they..

Raja on Farhat..... he indulges in extra shot making... so a bit inconsistent.... nice in headingly v's Aus though... here lookin decent !

2 runs taken.

You cant underestimate this England bowling lineup like a lot of Pakistan fans are,at this point in time,England are stronger than Australia.
No they're definitely weaker, they're just stronger at home. Aussies dont have a bowling line up that can exploit English conditions well. Even then pretty much the same aussie line up narrowly lost the ashes in England.

Last edited:
Bumble showing that if you pitch it up to the Pak batsmen,you'll get an outside edge and that we dont know where our off-stump is.Sigh,so true :pissed:

No they're definitely weaker, they're just stronger at home. Aussies down have a bowling line up that can exploit English conditions well. Even then pretty much the same aussie line up narrowly lost the ashes in England.

Aussie bowlers and especially Mitchell Johnson have been poor in England.Bollinger was dreadful.

we have to:
a) survive the current spell with no more damage or max 1 more
b) hope sun comes out / stops swinging
c) akmal brothers HAVE to show this worth with the bat.

only then we have a decent chance in the game. otherwise i'm afraid things are not looking good, as so far from what i've seen this england attack seems to be bowling much better than AUS did in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back