England v Pakistan | First Test | Day 2 : Session 1 | Trent Bridge | 30/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha broad now go and tell your dad how you were bowled .......pakistan pakistan

17-6 morning session gwaaarn pakistan

All out!

Now am worried about our batting in these conditions....

The condition are looking ominous, we'd do well to get to 250.

Pakistan Take 6/17 today!

Back to good old days for Pakistan!

Lets hope we can get to lunch now without losing a wicket!

Wow,what a comeback by the team!!
Great chance to come back into the match strongly..Its all upto the batsmen now..:butt,:azharali

Last edited:
LOL at England's legendary, Bradmanesque tail that everyone was harping on aboout!!!
To be fair Prior did get run out by swann. If he'd stayed, the tail would have probably lasted for some time.

Bear in mind Asif is magic too, he got pretty much all those wickets by himself.

What a brilliant display...bowling straight is the way with Kamran behind the stumps...
Was really nice to polish off the tail...we've been struggling with that lately...England's tail tends to wag too so that really is a bonus...
Lets home jimmys bowls badly on his birthday...

Brilliant fightback from Pakistan, really proud of our performance today. Inshallah, I hope our batsmen do the business.

James will be swinging in all directions !! our batting ................ :)

We probably will be ruing the double century stand by the time the game is over.

now the radio commentators are complaining about the pitch!

saying its a day 4 pitch instead of a Day 2

Also they saying it has low bounce, dry, crumbling cracks, overcast -- so English bowling should make good inroads ! :(

6 for 23 this morning is fantastic, we're right back in this game.

Come on :butt its time for you to play a Captains inning!!!

Now Butt and Farhat to take the responsibility on their shoulders and guide Pakistan safely to lunch first.

354. Decent score for England. Perhaps a little under par for What I expected England to get in these conditions (and a lot less than I thought they'd get at the beginning of the day).

Can't see Pakistan getting more than 300 though unfortunately. England still have the advantage. However a good batting performance could put us in the lead. If one person puts on a century, getting to 300 shouldn't be hard.

englaandio better watch out. today is pakistans day. knew we were gonna come back, alwys the case with pak, all they needed was a nights sleep. cmon boys bring it back home. inshallah. pakistan zindabad!

Special thank you to Mr. Swann for helping Pakistan out a little bit.

is 354 a par score? probably about 70 runs too many the pitch is not the best to bat on

Sky are comparing Wasim and Aamir's bowling action, great footage.

Last edited:
Conditions aren't looking great for batting unfortunately though. Opening partnership needs to last for some time. No batting collapse please.

is 354 a par score? probably about 70 runs too many the pitch is not the best to bat on
it was a good batting wicket yesterday. It's a below par score for england I'd say. A lot of the batsmen weren't finding it particularly hard to bat on, hence a lot got good starts (trott, strauss, morgan collingwood), but only two converted really. English batsmen bat really well at home (while opposition struggles).

Conditions aren't looking great for batting unfortunately though. Opening partnership needs to last for some time. No batting collapse please.

They are not brilliant but not awful either. It's not a fast pace pitch with steep bounce although Broad and Finn will get some. Openers are in decent touch.

Butt and Farhat need to play straight here and not across line to swinging Ball!

I hope our Batsmen start to make big scores here!

If Pakistan maanage to make just above 300, and have to bowl to England on day 4 - England would collapse as the pitch will be in huge favour of bowlers.. we can expect a target of 250 on final day.

and for Mr Collingwood who said that rating Amir and Asif as WORLDS BEST is over the top---- now what does he have to say!!!! Amir & Asif took 8 wickets between them, literally took the whole team out...

Come on PAKISTAN.... our Prayers are with you....

Pakistan Zindabaad

and now the scary part starts.

come on pakistani batsmen prove me wrong.

score 300+

Asif speed was around 70kph

so england dont need much. i think Swann will do us

:danish will be happy to hear, ojha 300 for 1 wicket, 2 tests on spin pitches.

That was close, going over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back