England v Pakistan | Second Test | Day 3 : Session | Edgbaston | 08/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atif

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post tea session discussions in this thread, lets see what Pakistan can do.

Hopefully can survive till the close with a decent'ish lead (50 runs?). New ball period will be crucial, we could collapse and it would be an innings loss but nonetheless excellent effort by Amir and Haider.

Lead of 50 should mean we will lose by 8 wickets. I will take that over innings defeat.

Haider and Aamir are hanging in there.. hopefully we can make a 50 to 100 run lead if we are impecible, but i doubt we will survive the new ball period :aamir

Imagine if they put up a 120 lead...nevertheless, Haider and Aamer have shown some great fight.

The new ball will either bring us runs or wickets...

just pray this partnership continues look we might not be in a strong postion but if the partnership grows above 50 nearing 100 bowlers do begin to get frustrated and anything can happen but its a longshot!

Hopefully we can avoid an innings defeat. Full marks to Zulqarnain and Aamer, they have fought hard.

Avoiding an innings defeat will at the least save some face.

But first innings batting, and dropped catches is all that will be remembered from this test match from a Pakistan perspective.

I'm very pleased with the bowling, though loss of Umar Gul could be a big blow, but we have gained Ajmal.

If only the batsmen could score even as low as 200 per innings, and it gives our bowlers a chance.....lets hope they can do so in the next couple of test matches.

My hope is for one test victory against England. They still have two more tests to try for that. That will be a good achievement for this side, a test victory over Australia and England.

If we can take game into a 4th day we will have done well.

Sadly england have new ball due which will be tough to get through!

one can only hope!

Time to predict imposible.

Pakistan bat till tea tomorrow and give England 150runs to chase.

But must likely Pakistani tail cant survive new ball.

If we can take game into a 4th day we will have done well.

Sadly england have new ball due which will be tough to get through!

one can only hope!

I agree, it should be all over by end of play, but hopefully the avoid innings defeat.

England showing why Australia will beat them 5-0 down under.

Bowlers look like cannon fodder when the ball isn't moving, and the pitches in Australia are going to be flat and the ball will not move around.

New ball will destroy the low-order, who's on the floor injured?

Stretcher coming out now, are we watching a cricket match or a football match ?

zoni reminds me of yasir hamid. both look same and have similar techniques too except yasir has more strokes.

even the stewards are dropping like flies out there...

England showing why Australia will beat them 5-0 down under.

Bowlers look like cannon fodder when the ball isn't moving, and the pitches in Australia are going to be flat and the ball will not move around.

Even their batsman looks terrible. 6-7 runs chances given and still they only score 250. But Australia will lose in England because their bowlers cant swing so England have huge advantge. But in Australia its other way around.

Steward is not moving, oh dear, he looks like a Pakistani or Indian...

Aamir is showing one area where really has potential to surpass Wasim is in the batting. For all Wasim's talent he didn't have the temperament for batting, bar a couple of innings he played.

Hopefully Aamir can improve his technique and become a genuine bowling all rounder. Something we need given our poor batting. That being said, this requires good batting coached to show him the way.....something we lack dearly.

BROTHER DOWN BROTHER DOWN.

He needs to call Afridi as he's had an accident at work...

These two have done us proud. The grit and temperament shown by zulqi and aamer have given two bright batsmen for tests. Zulqi will have to improve his keeping skills, for now kamran akmal will be kept out for tests which will be good for improving his cricket.

Swann to continue bowling before the new ball comes available

Swann to start after lunch.

Zoni gets a single.

Swann bowling a lot straighter, nice one Mushy.

New ball and Anderson, good luck Zoni.

Aamer has shown guts with bat once again this summer!

New Ball Taken

Anderson set to bowl..

I think Zoni should play a few strokes after getting used to the new ball

If he just defends, sooner or later, he'll edge it to slips

I think Zoni should play a few strokes after getting used to the new ball

If he just defends, sooner or later, he'll edge it to slips

Pakistan | 6/151 | 81 Overs | Trail by 28 runs

Maiden.

Collingwood to Zulqarnain Haider, no run, Haider, like a right-handed Jack Russell, draws his bat inside the line to leave and stares back at Anderson
Collingwood to Zulqarnain Haider, no run, touch of swing with the new cherry, Haider defends, as effectively as he's done all innings
Right, new ball taken, James Anderson to bowl with it. Four slips lurk...
:))

Haider deserves a fifty.....showing Kamran how to bat in difficult conditions.

Still think Kamran should be persisted in ODI's and T20...

If these two stay till close, it will be the biggest tease for Pakistan cricket ever

if i hated one player from newzealand that was jack russel

Haider deserves a fifty.....showing Kamran how to bat in difficult conditions.

Still think Kamran should be persisted in ODI's and T20...

I think it may be a good idea to have two teams, a test team and an ODI team.

Pakistan | 6/152 | 82 Overs | Trail by 27 runs

1 off the over.

i think aamer can be a good allrounder he has the temperament

Last edited:
Pakistan | 6/153 | 83 Overs | Trail by 26 runs

1 off the over.

Aamer gone, his usual fishing outside off and an easy catch.

Well played though.

If Gul is injured, that could be over very soon now.

Aamer showed more guts and application (117 balls) then are so called batsmen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back