England vs Australia | 2nd Ashes Test | Lord's | 18/7/13 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the stat that Australia have only lost twice at Lords in 85 years.

Wow!

Has the chef lost his mojo

Looks to be a bit undercooked here

Yeah cookie munsta seems to be out of sorts. Struggled in CT as well. That has really brought Aus back into the contest.

Busy morning at work, just checked the score.

Harris really is a gun isn't he? Could do with him slipping over or something.

Trott and Bell getting things back on track. Aus bowlers keeping things tight. Great battle out in the middle.

Trott needs to be careful here. He has tended to throw away quite a lot of starts in the recent times. He has been playing too many shots for my liking and sometimes this affects his shot selection

welcome to the forum , rare to see some one from Japan here ......... i guess you not japanese

Domo Arigato, Justcrazy!

There are a few of us cricket nuts here in Nippon - not too many - and all expats of course.

I'm Australian, and go to great lengths to watch games here. Cheers.

tumblr_mexpdakncq1r1evwho1_500.gif

Domo Arigato, Justcrazy!

There are a few of us cricket nuts here in Nippon - not too many - and all expats of course.

I'm Australian, and go to great lengths to watch games here. Cheers.

Expected that ...... not many Japanese like cricket :p

Anyways welcome

Apart from the first few overs in the 1st Test Siddle has been bowling like a bwoss.

Good partnership but still a long way away from a competitive total.

I generally look upon bowling last as an advantage though, so we'll always be in the game.

will 320 be a good total on this surface ?
320 is always a good score as that would mean Australia would have score 450+ to completely put England out of the game. Do you see Aus scoring those many runs ? :yk

280 would be good. We can bowl the Aussies out for that.

I'm optimistic that England can still get 400. One of these two will have to get a daddy hundred, though.

Pretty balanced 1st session, wicket looks a good one for batting and the new ball spells for both teams will be crucial. England should still be looking to get 250-300 here.

Trick for Trott: Keep short mid wicket in with legside field and try to bowl on his pads with tricky slower deliveries!!!!!

Word to Australian bosses everywhere: your sports fan employees will be useless tomorrow. Treat them leniently.

Legends Reunion at Lords !
All the Aussie Legends are in the house.
Gilly, Punter, McGrath, Warne, S Waugh

3 early wickets, I told you that bloody visit from the queen would screw up preparation and concentration.

Time to raid the England dressing room for the metho spray to help get the ball reversing. It'll be in Swanny's kit lads...

Time to raid the England dressing room for the metho spray to help get the ball reversing. It'll be in Swanny's kit lads...

Sssh the ball is reversing. Please don't tell the English commentators they will talk about it till stumps.

To be fair, 27C in England feels like 36C in Australia. I don't know why, but it does.

I've spent a few summers in England and didnt find 27 to be like 36 in Australia, played in Devon 2 years ago and found 27 to be a pleasant day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back