England vs Australia | 2nd Ashes Test | Lord's | 21/7/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ims1

First Class Captain
Runs
England 361 & 333/5 (110.0 ov)
Australia 128
England lead by 566 runs with 5 wickets remaining .
The first thing i saw on tms . BBC Sport Sam Sheringham at Lord's :
"It is our understanding that England have taken the decision to carry on batting this morning at Lord's. But are they missing a trick? With dark and gloomy overhead conditions, it looks for all the world like the perfect morning to bowl. The sun is expected to burn through this afternoon."

I would seriously begin to question the mindset of Cook if he continues batting on day 4 :facepalm:

They'll bat until Root either gets out or gets his double ton. Cook is clearly a captain who wants things to remain as diplomatically sound and hassle-free as possible, and a few of the senior players would openly disagree with him if he declared with a young kid on 178*. I don't particularly agree with the whole situation; it's just one of those things.

Anyway, the hard work, the grind, and the unexciting batting work has been completed.
Today should really just be about sitting back and enjoying watching Australia get bowled out.

They'll bat until Root either gets out or gets his double ton. Cook is clearly a captain who wants things to remain as diplomatically sound and hassle-free as possible, and a few of the senior players would openly disagree with him if he declared with a young kid on 178*. I don't particularly agree with the whole situation; it's just one of those things.

Anyway, the hard work, the grind, and the unexciting batting work has been completed.
Today should really just be about sitting back and enjoying watching Australia get bowled out.

Neither do i .going after personal achievements which might hamper team objectives is stupidity . This is a team sport & what does England really gain if he is 200 not out instead of 178 n.o.

Root didn't seem too bothered about the double in his interviews. He is a team man.

It's just undoubtedly a debatable call if you cut off a young player in this situation.

22 runs could mean a hour & the advantage of bowling in overcast conditions would be lost . If i recall correctly, once Dravid declared with SRT in 190's which was shocking .

I reckon England will bat on till tea, put up a lead of 800, and then bowl the OZ out by lunch tomorrow.

I wouldn't mind if England bat for about an hour and half, scoring lots of boundaries and running the Aussies ragged. I wouldn't want to bowl at a mentally fresh Watson and Rogers.

^Watto looks about as mentally fresh as a battery hen at the moment. He was not enjoying life yesterday.

Well bowled Harris, very good this guy. I rate him more than Pattinson and the overrated Cummins.

Just wish he could remain injury free

Batting on day 4 is such a bad idea . Tempted to say wish Root gets out now !

:)) Agar can't seriously be a bowler with these stats, I think he'd be better in making the team as a batsman with the way he's bowling in this Test.

:)) Agar can't seriously be a bowler with these stats, I think he'd be better in making the team as a batsman with the way he's bowling in this Test.

He's nineteen.

He'll come good.

Should have dropped that.

Don't want England declaring

582 lead equals a 300 run victory for us I'd say. What a hammering.

You think Australia can score 250?

Oh I hope not, but surely at least one batsman will perform at some stage.

BJ Haddin (and at 6) has probably been your best bat so far this series. Uber lols at the implications of that.

Terrible decision by Cook. He could've declared at tea tomorrow and still won the match. Watch us lose Twatto to an LBW shortly.

Anderson has got to rank as one of the world's best bowlers on this form. Mesmerising to watch.

About to go to bed. Have we lost a wicket yet?

The fast bowlers look toothless on this pitch, Jimmy is not landing the ball in the same areas in my view. He is getting carried away with swing.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

About to go to bed. Have we lost a wicket yet?

what a shame coz you'll miss the Chelsea game this afternoon.

But no you have not lost a wicket if anything you guys look comfy except for a few loose strokes from Watson

A start at least . plan would be to see Jimmy off ... but then do what ? 583,how does 1 go about chasing it .

god he should have reviewed it....dat would hav been funny hahahaah Clarke would hav come out da dressin room just to beat up watto lol

Watto hits a few boundaries & gets out plumb LBW, what a surprise. :))) :)))

Watto hits a few boundaries & gets out plumb LBW, what a surprise. :))) :)))

hahahaha....don't mess with watto.....wen angry he hits a couple of angry boundaries and den jus gets too angry to stay out thr so voluntarily keeps his leg in front of em 3 timbers hahaha

Uhlobo endibonangalo mna akho qembu li-deserva uphumela apha.
Oma bini azibambile, Amangezi ngeweDeclared izolo, iAustralia idlala ububhanxa qha yona.
Iquality yomdlalo ayiginyisi mathe tu!

Why does Watson keeps opening? Surely by now they must realise he is not an opener!!

This has to be the biggest farce!!!

They dropped Katich so Watson could open!!! I would be inclined to bring Katich back, who just scored a double ton for Lancashire last week.

Or even if you don't watch Katich, surely there are some other openers in Australia!!

This is getting embarrassing!!

Uhlobo endibonangalo mna akho qembu li-deserva uphumela apha.
Oma bini azibambile, Amangezi ngeweDeclared izolo, iAustralia idlala ububhanxa qha yona.
Iquality yomdlalo ayiginyisi mathe tu!

Soso, not fair . is this spam ?

Why does Watson keeps opening? Surely by now they must realise he is not an opener!!

This has to be the biggest farce!!!

They dropped Katich so Watson could open!!! I would be inclined to bring Katich back, who just scored a double ton for Lancashire last week.

Or even if you don't watch Katich, surely there are some other openers in Australia!!

This is getting embarrassing!!

Because he has a cry and undermines the openers whenever he doesn't. Then claims Clarke and Arthur are being mean to him.

LOL I knew Twatto would be out soon. Off to bed

Khawaja has to show he has a bit of steel here. Occupy the crease

Swann looks dangerous already, OUT as i type lol.
BEST IN THE WORLD THIS GUY, FANTASTIC!!

So much for showing a bit of ticker

Rogers has been a big flop.

Another left hander in, big test for Hughes.

All these left handed australian batsmen have a weird batting styles. No one stands still like gilchrist and Hayden used to

Swann will take 10 in match & be MoM . I think the below quoted OP of mine on day 2 thread deserves a POTW nomination . [ please recommend if you think so too ].

quote :England vs Australia | 2nd Ashes Test | Lord's | 19/7/13 | Day 2
England 289/7 (89.0 ov)
Most people believe that honors were shared on day 1 but seeing the amount of dryness in pitch & the turn & bounce Smith extracted in line of stumps, i would like to think 320 is going to be a par score & Swann will be a major threat .If he bowls badly or Aussies play him well ,then it would be a great contest .

Out of all the Aussie batsmen, Usman Khawaja looks like who has the best technique!!!

But he keeps getting out cheaply.

He must go on today!!

How good is Swann just how good is he?

Ok forget Warne, forget Murali.

I'd rate him ahead of Kumble, hell even Saqlain Mushtaq yeah he invented the doosra and was a terrific ODI bowler. But in test Swann makes him bite the dust.

I wont mention Vettori, Harbajhan in the same sentence as him. Ajmal is too dependent on a surface.

Very good is Swann, very good

Look at the turn & bounce Swann is getting . 70 overs left today & do not think they can survive it . Bres on from other end .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back