Not open for further replies.
Poor review from England, wasted a review to try and thief out Warner

England still ahead IMO...

Attachments

• tv2.jpg
    tv2.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Draw is out . Australia will have to bat well to chase this .

This could be a stonker, think the Aussies might nick it

Fascinating masterclass from Warne, Strauss and Nass. I think a big part of what differentiates Warne from a lot of our current spinners is how far ahead in the future he looks to try and set batsmen up. He's looking like 5, 10+ overs into the future to get players out, and every ball is a little bit different.

Since 2006, Australia have only once successfully chased over 200 in test cricket in the fourth innings.

play resuming in 10 minutes . On Warner , he just needs 7 days of nets to be bowling & picking wickets for Aus in tests . .... still getting huge turn on those indoor strips.

Fascinating masterclass from Warne, Strauss and Nass. I think a big part of what differentiates Warne from a lot of our current spinners is how far ahead in the future he looks to try and set batsmen up. He's looking like 5, 10+ overs into the future to get players out, and every ball is a little bit different.

I loved Nass's comment about bewaring Warne's short ball, because it is not going to be a mistake, but a deliberate move to set the batter up!

if this pair can see through the new ball, Cook would be very nervous. 24 for no loss in 8th over .

Nass was harping repeatedly on day 3 how anything above 200 in 4th innings is going to be very difficult to chase .Wonder what he has to say now ?
30/0

England try to thief out Rogers again but Rogers successfully reviews

Broad has been taken out of the attack

What is the highest score chased against this Andy Flower team ??

Rogers now got 314 runs in this Ashes...Clarke got 325

Now, this will tell us where the match might be heading, Swann into action.

I never understood why Michael Hussey retired. For what I remember, he was scoring heaps of runs without a problem. Ponting was clearly struggling for some time so him retiring wasn't surprising but Hussey was still going strong when he retired.

But both well behind Belly boy.

Without any doubt Bell is at top with 500 runs and he just need 1 more century in next match to stand in the list with Bradman...There are only 3 batsmen who scored 4 centuries in an Ashes series...

Last edited:
Commentators showering praise on Warner, It reminds me of Ramiz jinxing our batmen at the wrong time.

Rogers should play his typical cricket..let Warner take risk..

Without any doubt Bell is at top with 500 runs and he just need 1 more century in next match to stand in the list with Bradman...There are only 4 batsmen who scored 4 centuries in an Ashes series...

I considered Bell a very good batsman, the day he scored a century against Pakistan in Pakistan against Shoaib Akhter and Kaneria.

I considered Bell a very good batsman, the day he scored a century against Pakistan in Pakistan against Shoaib Akhter and Kaneria.

Yup and he is really underrated just like Ryan Harris...Remember nobody was talking about them before ashes and now both of them are on top of the list...

If Australia get to 150 with only one down than they might start to tilt the scales still think it is a massive total.

If Australia get to 150 with only one down than they might start to tilt the scales still think it is a massive total.

True. We don't have a good record in serious chases over the last 5 years or so either. A lot of solid starts have gone down the gurgler pretty quick.

Rodgers is now second in the list of most runs in this Ashes series with his 330 runs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back