England vs Australia | 4th Ashes Test | Chester-le-Street | 12/8/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of an anticlimax after the game was set up by the partnership between Warner and Rogers. Goes to show how hard it is to chase 300. It's the pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are talking about the majority part of the ball here. DRS is not prefect and it has its error margin.

DRS was brought into picture to begin with because umpires have become bozos these days and they cannot be trusted.

Its simple, if the majority part of the ball is hitting the stumps, even with DRS error margin, the ball will most certainly hit the sumps and should be given out.

But if the majorty part of the ball is missing sumps, then the benefit should go to the batsman. Its not hard.

Screw umpires call.

With the margin of error, it may hit fairly. Who knows? The point of umpire's call in that situation is to let the umpire make the decision based on the naked eye. Why are you using a system that you are claiming has error, to undermine the umpire if you aren't sure either way? In that case, let the on field umpire make the call.

Bit of an anticlimax after the game was set up by the partnership between Warner and Rogers. Goes to show how hard it is to chase 300. It's the pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be much easier if Anderson was bowling.

@WebGuru. Yeah, i read your thread, nice work by the way. Totally agree that if he was fully fit he would be up there alongside the names you mentioned.

He has put in some good balls for his few wickets at Lord's and against Siddle earlier last innings. But he has simply been out of form after TB. May be carrying a minor niggle and is therefore at less than his best, but either way, time to rest him. We don't need him if we win this, and I'd rather have him rested for Aussieland.

Agree with you he need some rest...

Harris would be praised, and praised loudly. But with 15 matches under his belt in 3 years, he simply wont. Shane Bond was loved whenever he bowled, but how did that end?

ok let's just talk about this series thn leave the past matches...and remember other bowlers played 4 matches in this series while he played 3 matches...

<center>
96a6.png

@WebGuru. Yeah, i read your thread, nice work by the way. Totally agree that if he was fully fit he would be up there alongside the names you mentioned.

Yup if he wasn't injury prone like bond he should have been in current top 3

Jimmy should get a wicket or two here ! He'd be really disappointed to not have picked a wicket

Agree with you he need some rest...

ok let's just talk about this series thn leave the past matches...and remember other bowlers played 4 matches in this series while he played 3 matches...

<center>
96a6.png

I'm not contending that Harris isn't better. Harris is easily one of the best bowlers of this era. But he doesn't play enough to get accolades. He only has 66 wickets.

You know people when talking of the greatest bowlers of all time... No one apart from English fans mention Sydney Barnes? Why is that? He averages 16.43! And has 189 wickets in 27 matches. A strike rate of 41.6.

But his lack of matches, and he doesn't have 300+ or whatever, and so he gets forgotten among the likes of Marshall, Waqar, Donald, Glenn, etc.

Harris is in a similar scenario. He'll be the best bowler on show when he is playing, but he wont play enough for him to be remembered often.

Lol you are so negative all the time. Your team's got this. One might think you are a Bangla or Kenyan fan :shakib :odoyo

I'm unhappy with how Anderson is doing. He's a very good bowler, as we saw at TB. But it is depressing to see him not really in the game.

I'm not contending that Harris isn't better. Harris is easily one of the best bowlers of this era. But he doesn't play enough to get accolades. He only has 66 wickets.

You know people when talking of the greatest bowlers of all time... No one apart from English fans mention Sydney Barnes? Why is that? He averages 16.43! And has 189 wickets in 27 matches. A strike rate of 41.6.

But his lack of matches, and he doesn't have 300+ or whatever, and so he gets forgotten among the likes of Marshall, Waqar, Donald, Glenn, etc.

Harris is in a similar scenario. He'll be the best bowler on show when he is playing, but he wont play enough for him to be remembered often.

Yup he will not be here for many years to remain in history but while he is playing he is doing good and giving 100% for his team that's what matter at the moment just imagine if he wasn't playing in these 3 matches...

Warne just now "All you need is a bit of luck, the odd inside edge going for four and I think Australia can do this" -- 5 seconds later Harris is out LBW.

I'm unhappy with how Anderson is doing. He's a very good bowler, as we saw at TB. But it is depressing to see him not really in the game.

Jimmy's quality. He is just having an off day or two. But Broad and Bressy stepped up. Swann is as solid as ever. And you got Trott for :yk style shock dismissals.

Warne takes another dig at Aleem.. "the umpire got one right! Well done. That's what umpires are supposed to do, get it right."

I am telling you guys it's a controversy against poor Anderson...The aim is to give wickets to all other bowlers except anderson so that his average can jump over 30 again :13:

Warne is right. Bresnan was given notout for a similar delivery that got Haddin out. But umpire said it not out and even though DRS said the ball was clipping the stumps.

DRS is good. But some changes need to be made.

If a referral is made to bring DRS into picture, just go by what DRS says. If majority part of ball is hitting stumps, give it out. If not, give it not out. Simple as that. Screw on-field umpires call.

Well done Broad! Beautiful 10-fer! Excellent performance this match. Absolutely wonderful

When England crossed 250 this was to be expected. Too much score board pressure for a fourth innings chase.

Nothing more delightful than looking to win a match I had written off when we were facing 110/0 or whatever.

Remember my earlier post: Australia since 2006 have only successfully chased a score over 200 in the fourth innings ONCE.

ONCE in 8 years.

Might be worth bowling Anderson at Siddle. As awful as Anderson has been, he's well and truly made Siddle his bunny, as Siddle made him.

Was following it in the office and when Khawaja got out I just knew we would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back