England vs Australia | 4th Ashes Test | Chester-le-Street | 12/8/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does every english seamer average in the 30s... you bowl in bloody england for god's sake...

The problem with Khawaja at three is that he doesn't have the shot range for it.

Though I'm not sure if he will learn anything if he goes back to First Class level. Both Hughes and Khawaja have no difficulties scoring runs there.

At least Swann won't be so dangerous in Australia

The problem is there are not too many choices even if they want to change his batting position who is going to bat at #3 there is a question mark...

The problem is there are not too many choices even if they want to change his batting position who is going to bat at #3 there is a question mark...

Hughes or Watto would be the other two options.

But if Hughes comes in then Khawaja probably gets dropped.

Jimmy has played the role of Finn this match. A huge liability. Thank god Broad is looking very good this match. He has been poor this series, but good time for him to step up. Still, with 6 wickets in hand, Australia must fancy themselves.

Jimmy has played the role of Finn this match. A huge liability. Thank god Broad is looking very good this match. He has been poor this series, but good time for him to step up. Still, with 6 wickets in hand, Australia must fancy themselves.

Tail is bit longer for Aus so it's not easy unless Aus gets one good partnership.

Twatto needs to not go into his shell.

Aus would want at least 60-70 runs from this pair.

Last edited:
This is all about who deals with the pressure better - the batsmen or the bowlers. Unfortunately Twatto has never been a pressure player. Let's see if he can cope.

Smith goes now. I'm afraid that's all she wrote if you are an Oz fan

Eng ahead after this wicket..Broad bowling some really good balls.

Only Haddin can save them now. Can he nearly pull it off again?

Last edited:
a 50 runs partnership will set up things nicely for a finisher..

could have gone either way this decision. Dar just gave it out straight away.

Tough luck Aussies. I really thought you had it in you to defeat England. Looks like that isn't going to happen unless Harris or someone else stays along for quite some time with Haddin.

Ball barely clipping leg stump.

Upholdng Umpires decision is stupid. With the margin of error that DRS has, the ball might as well be missing Leg.

Damnit Watson. The Aussies needed a contribution from him. Now, it looks like its going to be another loss for the Aussies

That awkward moment when all the other 3 english bowlers already got 2 wickets while anderson got none...

And it's look like an ODI match for Anderson 57 runs in 13 overs economy 4.38

Watto . the man with this huge huge front pad, forever in way :)

Ball barely clipping leg stump.

Upholdng Umpires decision is stupid. With the margin of error that DRS has, the ball might as well be missing Leg.

Or the ball may be hitting leg completely. Why would you not uphold the umpire's choice then? Basically it's saying that it doesn't know, trust the umpire.

Only change to the rule should be that you do not lost a review.

That awkward moment when all the other 3 english bowlers already got 2 wickets while anderson got none...

Time to rest him. He looks shot to pieces. Or keep him in the balcony to give advice. You see all the other fast bowlers talking to him for his opinion on what to do. He's got a good tactical mind, but he isn't capable of bowling it right now.

I think Tremmy comes in for him at Oval .

Going to be very tough now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So so disappointing to see this collapse..was hoping for Aus win after a wonderful start.

@WebGuru. Yeah pretty poor from Anderson, considering that some people say that he is the best bowler in the world. Or it could just be one of his off days.

Game over and if Haddin goes for a rearguard it will be the one of the best ever

Or the ball may be hitting leg completely. Why would you not uphold the umpire's choice then? Basically it's saying that it doesn't know, trust the umpire.

Only change to the rule should be that you do not lost a review.

Yes, it could go either way. Hence the benefit of doubt should go to the batsman.

147/1 to 179/6 - 5 wickets for 32 runs ....7 th gone - 6 in 34 :facepalm:

Aussies with a collapse of Pakistani proportions.

Should've been posted in the awkward moments thread :facepalm:

@WebGuru. Yeah pretty poor from Anderson, considering that some people say that he is the best bowler in the world. Or it could just be one of his off days.

He has put in some good balls for his few wickets at Lord's and against Siddle earlier last innings. But he has simply been out of form after TB. May be carrying a minor niggle and is therefore at less than his best, but either way, time to rest him. We don't need him if we win this, and I'd rather have him rested for Aussieland.

Impossible now. Collapse after the loss of Warner's wicket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again one more pathetic umpires call. The ball might be going over the stumps. Ball barely clipping top of the stumps. Benefit should go to the batsman.

Screw umpires call. Just use DRS and see if the majority of the ball is hitting the stumps or not. If not give the decision in batsman's favor.

Something needs to be done to this terrible rule.

Vaughn predicted a few hours ago that Eng were to win by 100 runs, coincidence ? I think not

Yes, it could go either way. Hence the benefit of doubt should go to the batsman.

Oh god no. The doubt should go to the bowler. Bowlers have the harder job anyways nowadays with these stupid rules.

Hell, if the ball barely clips the stumps, the bails will almost always fall off. And that's all you need.

Australia really dont deserve to win after such a hideous performance

Yup and as i mentioned before in my thread Harris is the only unsung hero here...Everybody was talking about steyn, anderson, broad, pattinson, starc etc

Yup and as i mentioned before in my thread Harris is the only unsung hero here...Everybody was talking about steyn, anderson, broad, pattinson, starc etc

Harris would be praised, and praised loudly. But with 15 matches under his belt in 3 years, he simply wont. Shane Bond was loved whenever he bowled, but how did that end?

again one more pathetic umpires call. The ball might be going over the stumps. Ball barely clipping top of the stumps. Benefit should go to the batsman.

Screw umpires call. Just use drs and see if the majority of the ball is hitting the stumps or not. If not give the decision in batsman's favor.

Something needs to be done to this terrible rule.

+1

It was harsh to give Haddin out in the first place. Its messed up that the DRS can't help the batsmen even if the ball is just clipping. I thought there was a rule that more than 50 % of the ball had to be hitting if not it could be over turned...or was there never such a rule?

The 4-0 and 2-1 still rankles some Indians, trying to find some English conspiracy

Oh god no. The doubt should go to the bowler. Bowlers have the harder job anyways nowadays with these stupid rules.

Hell, if the ball barely clips the stumps, the bails will almost always fall off. And that's all you need.

We are talking about the majority part of the ball here. DRS is not prefect and it has its error margin.

DRS was brought into picture to begin with because umpires have become bozos these days and they cannot be trusted.

Its simple, if the majority part of the ball is hitting the stumps, even with DRS error margin, the ball will most certainly hit the sumps and should be given out.

But if the majorty part of the ball is missing sumps, then the benefit should go to the batsman. Its not hard.

Screw umpires call.

@Ruri. Yeah, you're right about that. Give someone else a chance, considering the lead they have in the series.

It was harsh to give Haddin out in the first place. Its messed up that the DRS can't help the batsmen even if the ball is just clipping. I thought there was a rule that more than 50 % of the ball had to be hitting if not it could be over turned...or was there never such a rule?

The rule is 50% for where it lands on the pitch mat, not where it clips.

Will Aus be diligent enough to avert 4-0 at the Oval after this mentally shattering defeat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back