England vs Australia | 4th Ashes Test | Chester-le-Street | 12/8/13 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly a hundred without loss, keep it up

I never understood why Michael Hussey retired. For what I remember, he was scoring heaps of runs without a problem. Ponting was clearly struggling for some time so him retiring wasn't surprising but Hussey was still going strong when he retired.

His little kids were growing up without him and he wanted to be there for them. Sometimes people retire for personal reasons.

Do England want to risk their last review? Big decision here

May have been out if they reviewed? Because half the ball was hitting the stumps?

Rodgers is now second in the list of most runs in this Ashes series with his 330 runs...

he was a very smart pick by Lehmann . opting for huge local conditions experience & volume of runs . Nasir has been made to look very silly , saying repeatedly over 200 is a tough chase . Wonder where he is hiding .

he was a very smart pick by Lehmann . opting for huge local conditions experience & volume of runs . Nasir has been made to look very silly , saying repeatedly over 200 is a tough chase . Wonder where he is hiding .

He is really chasing his experience of english conditions while nasir is finding that ATM machine i guess...

Prior doing his best to thief out Warner. Bresnan appeals like 5 seconds later lol

Good solid start by the Aussies but the wheels could still come off the cart at some point.

One or both of these batsmen needs to bat through inns and score a big hundred here!

He is really chasing his experience of english conditions while nasir is finding that ATM machine i guess...

oh yes bro , Nasir must have lost a packet . I am certain most of these ex-cricketers bet . Still think a twist in the test remains . 115 for 1 .

good single from Warner..he should try to make sure Khawja faces Swann less..he's not having a good time against him..

Swanny sets Rogers up with a rank short ball then gets him to edge to slip next ball

Uzzy at the crease. I wanna see what Uzzy is made of!!

Australia deserve to win this test but I want England to win this one so that Pakistan can get into the top four.

Great performance so far from the OZ, 179 more to win. If we can reach 180 or 200 at stumps for maybe the loss of a couple we will definitely be in the drivers seat

They need to get the majority of runs today and not leave it till tomorrow because England will definitely bowl better.

They need to get the majority of runs today and not leave it till tomorrow because England will definitely bowl better.

Yep.
Would want 100 runs for at max 1-2 wickets lost this session.

Warner has figured out Swann...looking really good against him.

Warner has figured out Swann...looking really good against him.

Not that hard when you only have one delivery.

Now watch Swann get a five-for in his next spell. :ajmal Lets go Poms!!

Nah, Ussie's still useless.

Rather have Hughes there, criminal he was dropped for one bad test after being our best bat the test before.

The pad got in the way, That was unlucky.
Hope he doesn't lose his place, Look at how many failures Watson has had.

If he is dropped then I think it's down to his skin colour.

:facepalm:

Yes. That would exactly be the reason.

Same reason Symonds never got a game.

Last edited:

pathetic post of the year surely .

Pak umpire gives Pakistani out. No patriotism at all.

looks like Khawaja's test career ended.

Australia have more or less won this. Well done to them. Jimmy needs to be rested. Shot for form.

...Or because Watson has been a proven asset for the Australian test side over the years and has won tons of matches for them lol.

Khawaja chances in next match?

Australia play a tour match against England A before the next test.

Guess he and Hughes will be competing again.

Australia have more or less won this. Well done to them. Jimmy needs to be rested. Shot for form.

Jimmy is carrying a niggling injury of some sort.

These two hold the key for Australia, if they get a big partnership going then England are surely going to taste defeat.

That was terrible from Khawaja. Completely missed it.

Captain Clarke needs to play a captain's knock.

Warner looks pure class, forget his behaviour .. Australia need him more than ever

The break and the time in Africa has probably helped Warner.

Was in horrible form when he was suspended.

Australia play a tour match against England A before the next test.

Guess he and Hughes will be competing again.

Thn it's probably going to be Hughes in next match although i really want to see Khawaja playing in last match of the series...

Thn it's probably going to be Hughes in next match although i really want to see Khawaja playing in last match of the series...

The problem with Khawaja at three is that he doesn't have the shot range for it.

Though I'm not sure if he will learn anything if he goes back to First Class level. Both Hughes and Khawaja have no difficulties scoring runs there.

At least Swann won't be so dangerous in Australia

Poor judgement from Khawaja there, don't think we'll see him again for some time.

Australia need to prolong this stand for as long as possible if only to frustrate England.

Excellent knock by Warner today; shows the importance of playing aggressively when going for a chase - completely took out the steep total, uncertain pitch and a good bowling attack out of the equation...something our batsmen need to learn :azhar

Australia wobbling. Fark Khawaja is useless

Homeboy post of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back