England vs India | 3rd Test | Birmingham | Aug 10-14 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahidafridi123

ODI Debutant
Runs
Let's see what happens on day 2 of the third test match, england in control, a brilliant 84 stand between Strauss and Cook and Strauss getting a half-century. Cook finally gets some runs.

Good luck...........

ENGLAND!

It Just started pi ssing in brum, very gloomy too. Might be a delay to the start.

Finally Strauss gets some runs, his dry patch was becoming a concern.

England will be looking to bat once and to bat big. It could be a toiling few days in the field for India.

However, true number ones never stop fighting, a few early wickets and the game will be alive again.

Conditions are similar to yesterdays, cherry should zip around in the morning and batting will become easier in the afternoon.

Cricinfo10am Hello and welcome to a day when England will look to build a huge lead after that solid start last night. The weather news, however, is not the greatest. It has been drizzling in Birmingham. The weather is pretty overcast, and Nagraj Gollapudi pessimistically doesn't rule out a delayed start

Will most definetly be a delayed start, still drzzling, infact its just got heavier.

India need to take advantage of the extra moisture the rain will generate on the pitch. England should be ready for a shaky day! You never know, it might turn the fortune in India's favour.

PK needs to sort his line out, had lots of close LBW pitching outside leg

Ishant and Sree need to run in as if thier lives depend on it

If the openers survve 30 minutes, India will struggle to contain

Yes, Ash, the window of opportunity is really small, basically, until there is moisture in the pitch, the ball is going Zip around pretty nastily. So India have to take wickets and set an aggressive field to back up the bowlers.

Stopped raining, sun is looking to break through, still lots of miserbale clouds around.

Indian seamers will be fearsome in these conditions especially kumar who moves the ball both ways, already has 2 5fers against England.

List of Tests in which a side batted second on the first day of the match and achieved an unbeaten first wicket partnership of at least 80 runs. The sides batting first are listed first and the results are from the perspective of the sides batting second. The close of play scores at the end of the first day are in parentheses. The ‘not out’ batsmen are in the second lines.
Code:
Pak (104) v NZ  (160-0)  Hamilton       2000-01 W
            MH Richardson 64*/MD Bell 89*

Aus (98)  v Eng (157-0)  Melbourne      2010-11 W
            MJ Strauss 64*/AN Cook 80*

SAf (208) v Eng (147-0)  Johannesburg(1)1909-10 L
            JB Hobbs 77*/W Rhodes 65*

BD  (139) v WI  (118-0)  Dhaka          2002-03 W
            CG Gayle 44*/WW Hinds 73*

Zim (155) v WI  (100-0)  Bulawayo       2001    W
            D Ganga 44*/CH Gayle 52*

SAf (199) v Aus (99-0)   Johannesburg(1)1966-67 L
            RB Simpson 52*/WM Lawry 41*

WI  (214) v Aus (94-0)   Brisbane       1975-76 W
            IR Redpath 38*/A Turner 55*

Aus (131) v Ind (86-0)   Sydney         1977-78 W
            SM Gavaskar 45*/CPS Chauhan 35*

Eng (159) v WI ( 85-0)   Kingston       1985-86 W
            DL Haynes 30*/CG Greenidge 47* rh/J Garner 5*

WI  (206) v Eng (84-0)   Manchester     1928    W
            JB Hobbs 32*/H Sutcliffe 39*

Ind (224) v Eng (84-0)   Birmingham     2011
            AJ Strauss 52*/AN Cook 27*

The highest first wicket partnership batting second on the first day is 217 between GC Smith and AB de Villiers, SAf v Zim, Capet Town, 2004-05. Both openers were out.

300-5 today and it's in the bag. However, a batting collapse and it's game on

Last edited:
List of Tests in which a side batted second on the first day of the match and achieved an unbeaten first wicket partnership of at least 80 runs. The sides batting first are listed first and the results are from the perspective of the sides batting second. The close of play scores at the end of the first day are in parentheses. The ‘not out’ batsmen are in the second lines.

The highest first wicket partnership batting second on the first day is 217 between GC Smith and AB de Villiers, SAf v Zim, Capet Town, 2004-05. Both openers were out.

hahaha :yk just saw your quote

Thanks brother, I am honored :don

Indian seamers will be fearsome in these conditions especially kumar who moves the ball both ways, already has 2 5fers against England.

Have you forgot the first two tests???? England were put in on both occassions under similar circumstances.

England have 2. have days to get a big lead and than 2 day to get india out..... Just no collaps.....

watching Broad on Sky, he is talking about playing FIFA, Call of Duty when he is not playing to get rest :))

So if there are no more delays 11:30am start.

hahaha :yk just saw your quote

Thanks brother, I am honored :don
:))

Truth should be spread, you know! ;-)

Don't these guys just wish ..."Shorty" had the same image as the "Born Leader"....but that wish will never come true! :)

Attachments

• gs.jpg
    gs.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 109
Ill start watching when India bat, as long as my boi SRT get's his 100 I dont even care if we lose...Well I do care if we lose but if SRT gets the 100 I am happy....

Truth should be spread, you know! ;-)

Don't these guys just wish ..."Shorty" had the same image as the "Born Leader"....but that wish will never come true! :)

hahahaha :yk you're in full flow today

keep posting your zabardast posts brother, always a good and enjoyable read

Indian posters will rip me apart, now that they know what danny devito looks like

ay maytch chaalu kar ne . chokra log ko harane ka hai ne . :bhanja

11.10pm An entertaining diktat from ECB at Edgbaston. As reported by NG, "It has been detected that there has been inappropriate use of the bandwidth in the press box with people downloading music, movies, programmes, skyping etc. If you are found doing that today your computer would be blocked. Full Stop."

ESPNCricinfo

First session will be the hardest i think, ENG will do well to limit the wicket loss to 1-2. They should look have a lead of 150+ by tonight.

If the Indian bowlers don't take quick wickets on a damp pitch after the rain then they really should start selling pakodhe samosey in the stadiums.

Last edited:
Dhoni collects the first delivery after 2nd bounce! :))

Cricinfo has got rid of the speeds again :))

A solid days batting from england and India are in big trouble!

Sreesanth bowling at 112 - 118 kph, he was sort of quick in South Africa, i think he's carrying too much weight :inti

slowest bowling attack in world cricket including associate countries

India might as well give Sachin or dhoni a bowl!

What a powder Puff attack...

Absolute ruuuuuuubish bowling so far, that too under helpful conditions. I'd say quite embarassing for a no1 ranked side, they really need to strengthen their resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back