England vs South Africa | Group B | Chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricfan967

ODI Debutant
Runs
Toss in 10 minutes. Go SAFers!

England would want to restore some pride, highly doubtful. South Africa are in as favorites.

England win the toss and bat 1st.

Bopara in for Collingwood.

Smith wanted to bat 1st too.

No changes to South African side.

Eng should have gone for chase.I don't think they can defend any total.

Smith would have batted too, says they're playing the same team.

Poor decision to leave out Botha again. Botha brings in a much better off spin variety for SA in comparison to peterson who is just mediocre in whatever games i have seen him play so far in the last 5 years or so.

England batting first. Pitch is going to become more slower n lower as the game progress. With the kind of batting line up (and form) that SA has, i feel England need at least in excess of 300 to be in a somewhat safe position.

Poor decision to leave out Botha again. Botha brings in a much better off spin variety for SA in comparison to peterson who is just mediocre in whatever games i have seen him play so far in the last 5 years or so.

England batting first. Pitch is going to become more slower n lower as the game progress. With the kind of batting line up (and form) that SA has, i feel England need at least in excess of 300 to be in a somewhat safe position.

Petersen is one guy I don't understand why SA has persisted with for so long. He has been playing since 2002 and everytime I seen him he just appears to be useless with the ball. This guy is a full time spinner, yet I rate the likes of Raina with teh ball better than him and Raina is a part time option!

I think he is in the team for his batting but his batting has never impressed me, just one of those guys with a great domestic record.

@Amir- Feelings are mutual . As you pointed out correctly, one of those domestic bullies who never got in them what it takes to make it big in International arena.

May be I am sounding too harsh on Peterson but his batting is nowhere close to being called all-rounder (in fact Botha does a pretty good job whenever he gets a chance to bat and he is also a very good fielder).

Let's see how robin does in this game :asif

Well well, Robin peterson to start open the bowling. It looks like he wants make me eat humble pie to day :D

May be because of so called weakness of KP against left arm spinners, Smith is starting with Robin I guess

Its all South Africans out there (Strauss and KP) with the exception of one Pakistani :D

Peterson gonna get smashed hopefully. He really his one crap bowler.

Peterson is in thick of action already (did i reverse jinx him or what?)

Pathetic start by England, hope they are soundly thrashed in this game....

What has the world come to? A South African captain outthinking the opponent's captain with spin! Wait. That guy's South African too

Of course, that will be hailed as a masterstroke by Smith. In reality, it was just a poor piece of batting by Strauss...

Another South African coems in :))

It may be an old joke but its hilarious! If it wasn't for Tahir, it would be 13 South Africans!

Huge wicket for South Africa. Whats up with this du plessis character? He's managed to beat out Ingram and that other bloke for a starting spot.

And now he gets KP in the same over. OK, so maybe it was a masterstroke!

Of course, that will be hailed as a masterstroke by Smith. In reality, it was just a poor piece of batting by Strauss...

he knows strauss sucks against spin , as i write pietersen gets out

Man, what a bad day for me at Predictions. Robin peterson might still be crap, but he has already made me eat crows :(

Hmmm Robin Petersen making us look foolish

Man, what a bad day for me at Predictions. Robin peterson might still be crap, but he has already made me eat crows :(

Meh. The ball turning from ball one. Otherwise still useless and I stick to it! This is a green ptich equivalent for spin

KP struggle against Left arm spinners make Pakistani batsmen look like Living Legends. :)))

opening with a spinner is a great idea by smith.. maybe we should let afridi open the bowling

One more wicket and the England tail starts. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back