ICC Champions Trophy, Group A : England [308/2] beat Bangladesh [305/6] by 8 wickets

Hmm... England were one of the favorites for this cup! First they should get over this match, they need to chase a big score... ODIs will be boring if they look like this (extension of T20s)

This the main reason England will never get world cup. They choke in the main event

Where is [MENTION=139510]saeed5646[/MENTION] bhai now?I was supposed to hide after the start of CT as your declaration, instead you are missing now.LOL.

Really disappointing start was looking forward to watching England smash 400 and put this arrogant bd lot into its deserving place, now bd will limp to sub par 280 score and poms will chase that in 45 overs or less but it won't be as much fun.

You were saying?? So much hate. I hope BD do well.

Just look at those massive hits, Pakistani's hardly manage to hit it out of the 30 yard circle

Really hope Bangladesh gets to 330 at least

BD have so many wickets in hand but they are not going ballistic. They should have aimed for 340-350 which seems very far away at the moment.

Great batting by two bangladeshi greats... they look far more confident the what pakistan would look in UAE. Englishmen on back foot..poor captaincy by morgan.

If Bangladesh win this match they can go to semi by beating NZ. With this bowling England can not beat NZ and Aus

BD have so many wickets in hand but they are not going ballistic. They should have aimed for 340-350 which seems very far away at the moment.

Nothing to take away from BD innings, but you also have to into account that their best bowler is out with only two overs bowled, so they are essentialy playing with only 10 men. The pitch looks flat. How do you rate their innings so far [MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION] bhai ?

How on earth Eng brought back Jake? This guy is similar to Anwar Ali

Well done chotoooo... That's why they say teams on paper, ranking or past form has no bearing on match day. This performance from BD makes me more optimistic about our chances on the 4th.

Bangladesh need a few big overs.

10 an over gets them 320, which is far from insurmountable.

Last edited:
Nothing to take away from BD innings, but you also have to into account that their best bowler is out with only two overs bowled, so they are essentialy playing with only 10 men. The pitch looks flat. How do you rate their innings so far [MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION] bhai ?

I haven't seen the full innings or even one ball for that matter. I just followed the last few overs through cricinfo and was impressed by the score they have amassed so far.

If a wicket falls they should send in Mahmuddullah. He is the one bloke in their side who can find the boundaries early in his innings.

If a wicket falls they should send in Mahmuddullah. He is the one bloke in their side who can find the boundaries early in his innings.

Nah, they should send in Sabbir. He is the only clean striker they have apart from Sarkar.

Well done chotoooo... That's why they say teams on paper, ranking or past form has no bearing on match day. This performance from BD makes me more optimistic about our chances on the 4th.

You need players with caliber to compete against big teams. We have Azhar, Shehzad and Hafeez in the playing 11

I haven't seen the full innings or even one ball for that matter. I just followed the last few overs through cricinfo and was impressed by the score they have amassed so far.

Thanks for the reply. I have seen few over, there was no swing and spin. The bowl was coming nicely on to the bat. However, 300+ targets always seems tricky though. Well done BD

Rubbish innings frankly, it is a flat pitch and he plays 140+ balls and scores @ 90 SR, if you face that many balls atleast go above 100, unless the pitch or the weather changes significantly, tamim's innings may just have lost bangladesh this game.

Bangladesh might struggle to get 300 from here.

It isn't easy to go from ball one.

Rubbish innings frankly, it is a flat pitch and he plays 140+ balls and scores @ 90 SR, if you face that many balls atleast go above 100, unless the pitch or the weather changes significantly, tamim's innings may just have lost bangladesh this game.
Yeah, a pretty bad century for today's standards.

Now BD committing stupidity send someone who can smash the ball from ball 1 not another slow starter

If bd don't even get to 300 all the good work would go in vain. Ideally 310 at least

England have conceded an average of 296 runs while bowling first at home since World Cup 2015. In 13 such instances, they have lost only thrice, one of which was at The Oval chasing 398. - Cricinfo

Some bad news for BD. England are masters of chasing big totals. That is why it was imperative that BD cash in on their good start and aim for 350 odd.

4 overs left, need to swing for the fences and get as many as you can.

Don't think 320 is a winning total.

Could come back by England, Moeen Ali bowled exceptionally well. BD will need 310 at the very least

Nasir really call a spade a spade, he just indirectly called BD chokers, they can't finish well.

Bangladesh need to get well past 300. England will chase this down easily

Back