ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Match 5 | Chennai | 08 October | Australia innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a ashes either side then no hope for aus. Now they will concentrate fully on cup rest might aswell go home..

They weren’t interested in 2019 wrld cup.

Not a 350 surface.

Australia should aim for 300

With India's batting strength, I think the Aussies need to try for 350, they do have the batting strength to do it, and the pitch should ease up after the new ball shine has gone. The biggest factor will be how the Aussies deal with the indian spinners

Why such short spells for Bumrah and Sirah? Is it due to the heat? They were getting results on this surface.

Warner has been ashwins bunny in tests. Out almost 15 times.

Not sure it applies in odi.

Ashwin against Smith. This should be interesting

Ashwin on and India have a slip in place.

Babar would have a spread field and allow the batters to pick up easy singles

These two teams have played each other a lot recently, but Australia still cannot get on top of India, batting like Pakistan in PP overs

Don't know why idiots like this guy are ever celebrated. They should be thrown in an Indian jail for a week and that will kill his prankster leanings for good. Self-serving narcissistic clowns.
Chill out bro. Adds some entertainment to an otherwise slow game.

This is a game of chess.

Absolutely loving this contest so far. Nothing easy for batters here.

This is truly Bharat cricket

Smith is the most important player in this game (& somehow I thought that he was my first name in fantasy cricket, then found when time was up that I clicked Mitch ….😝). Unless he stays for long, these Kungfu style Aussie lineup won’t last 50 overs against 30+ overs of spin on this track.

Either too short or too full . poor bowling from pandya. Australia looking for big target

Pandya being poor as usual except for Asia Cup.

Don't know why idiots like this guy are ever celebrated. They should be thrown in an Indian jail for a week and that will kill his prankster leanings for good. Self-serving narcissistic clowns.

He’s played a big part in promoting cricket and bolstering the image of the sport.

He’s a big supporter of Indian cricket so not sure why you feel incensed about this?

Smith is the most important player in this game (& somehow I thought that he was my first name in fantasy cricket, then found when time was up that I clicked Mitch ….😝). Unless he stays for long, these Kungfu style Aussie lineup won’t last 50 overs against 30+ overs of spin on this track.
How do you think should pacers bowl on this surface?

Aussies are targeting buffet bowling from Pandya. Something Pak batsmen should take a note and probably take leaf out

Australia poised to post a huge score. Anything over 270 on this pitch will be a tough ask to chase.

These are tricks by (so called) pranksters to invade events or places where they will get lots of eyeball which inturn will make their channel famous and bring money.

There is an American prankster named Vitaly who invaded FIFA WC Finals, Cricket WC finals and even climbed on Giza pyramids...LOL.

If this was england they would have already been on 100 runs old mindset from aistralia not gonna work against teams like india england south africa.

Easy for Australia, just milking the bowling with occasional hits to fence

So guys, lets make a prediction. How much India can chase here or will be happy to chase?

I think less than 270

After 15 overs, Australia scored 71/1.
are you satisfied with this score?

If this was england they would have already been on 100 runs old mindset from aistralia not gonna work against teams like india england south africa.
They would have been 105 actually…. But, may be for 6 down.

Their slog feast will work on their ODI wickets with absolutely nothing for bowlers after first few overs, spinners never in the game and the boundaries set at 55-60 metres.

If I am an Aussie fan, I would be very happy. This is a spinning pitch and 270 will be a good total.

Maxwell and Zampa can be very dangerous on this pitch in 2nd innings

So guys, lets make a prediction. How much India can chase here or will be happy to chase?

I think less than 270
In absence of gill who is in peak of his form right now, india can still chase down 300-310.
300 is definitely on for aussies from here if they dont loose wickets quickly.

They should be more than satisfied- the key here is /1, not 71. This is an “un-usual” ODI wickets where old equation will work - provided wickets at hand, the equations are: Final Score =

4 x 15th over end score (max one down)
3 x 20th over end score (max two down)
2 x 30th over end score (max 3 down)

That suggests, Aussies are heading for 275ish score - more than enough with Gill not playing.

What a delivery by Ashwin, unlucky not to get a wicket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back