ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Match 5 | Chennai | 08 October | Australia innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jadeja to Smith, OUT
Steven Smith b Jadeja 46 (71b 5x4 0x6) SR: 64.78

Omg Smith played just like Babar.. His wicket have brought Australia in the game..
Tough luck India 🥲🥲

England and Australia are badly exposed after they were hyped to moon for no reason. They have never been good in sub continent. SA and NZ will have better tournament than these two.

A lot hinges on Maxwell here. Let’s see how his sweep shots go on this pitch.

I can’t believe some peoples comments regarding the pitch . This is the type of pitch we have been waiting for , something in it for the bowlers too, a more even contest . And by the way the pitch is not totally unplayable it’s a pitch where 270 will give you a good chance. In my opinion that’s a good pitch.

A lot of people are sick of seeing pure one sided batting paradises. I guarantee you this game will go to the wire and will be a blockbuster.

I can’t believe some peoples comments regarding the pitch . This is the type of pitch we have been waiting for , something in it for the bowlers too, a more even contest . And by the way the pitch is not totally unplayable it’s a pitch where 270 will give you a good chance. In my opinion that’s a good pitch.

A lot of people are sick of seeing pure one sided batting paradises. I guarantee you this game will go to the wire and will be a blockbuster.
Those who are talking about pitch should wait for 2nd innings.

Maxwell is a legendary cricketer, having won 1 more World Cup than Babar. He is a batsman that can win you game Outta nowhere.

He won one such game vs England where he chased 320 after being 60/5 in 2020 back during lockdown.

Australia are playing too scared.

They fear they will collapse for 170 off here that’s why they wanna play safe to score 250 something here

Another wicket for Bharat it seems.

Gonna be reviewed

Labushane

Jadeja to Labuschagne, OUT
Marnus Labuschagne c †Rahul b Jadeja 27 (41b 1x4 0x6) SR: 65.85

Chennai pitch has been like this for the last 15 years, in fact pitch is better for batting today.

Australia defended 250 against India last time on this same pitch. This is like a classic 80s or 90s ODI pitch, more than turn it is the double-paced nature that makes batting challenging. Pacers will also get purchase with new ball because of sea breeze.

30 overs 119/4 is not a good score and Aussies will not be happy with this. They are in deep trouble here.

Both Maxwell and Carey are enforcers so let's see how they do on this pitch.

Jadeja to Carey, OUT
Slow finger of death from Kettleborough!
Alex Carey lbw b Jadeja 0 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0

Man, how will Pakistan face Afghanistan on such a pitch?
This is not even a usual Chennai pitch I think. Earlier in the year Aus managed to score around 270 if I remember correctly.
This looks like tailormade for ash kul Jad.

I expect Afg Pak game pitch to be much better

Maxwell is a legendary cricketer, having won 1 more World Cup than Babar. He is a batsman that can win you game Outta nowhere.

He won one such game vs England where he chased 320 after being 60/5 in 2020 back during lockdown.
Not sure on why the need to mention Babar but no know one doubts he’s a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back