ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Match 5 | Chennai | 08 October | Australia innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see lots of empty seats. This can't be attributed to dying interest for cricket in India. Poeple are willing to buy ticket for this match even with double price. I think its the mismanagement by BCCI...they somehow hold onto release of all tickets for some strange reason. This morning Ind v Aus and Ind v Pak tickets on sale. Don't understand this at all.

@cricketjoshila

Australia will score more than 300 and then India will be bowled out for around 220. This is the beginning of a horrific tournament for host side, mark my words. Their good performances at the end of the Asia Cup his the glaring weaknesses this side has.
No one can stop India from reaching semis.. We will lose in semis though 👍🏻

Crowd is patriotic during the national anthem until they see themselves on the big screen.

Instead of Rahul, Ishan should have been made to keep

Last time both teams played a WC game at Chennai, it was current Australia opener Marsh's father Geoffrey Marsh was opening for Australia.

This monster lineup of theirs is nevrr ending. Gotta keep picking wickets and keep them to 260 for any chance of a win. They are the biggest threat in this Cup. Need to best them and make a statement

I am not sure if Marsh is the right opener for Aus. They need to find two new ones.

Superb catch that by Kohli.

Bumrah has been very impressive so far.

Since last world cup, India and Australia have played 12 matches with both teams winning 6 matches each.
In last 5 years, both teams have won 7 matches each in India.
Wow, exact same record

Since last world cup, India and Australia have played 12 matches with both teams winning 6 matches each.
In last 5 years, both teams have won 7 matches each in India.
Wow, exact same record
They are the best visiting side in Indian conditions . Them and the Saffers. England are overrated in these conditions.

8.8 million watching on Hotstar on a Sunday when most are watching on TV!

Massive numbers .

Keeping fingers crossed but fielding is looking electric after a long long time.

This won’t be a 600+ game for sure. Unless it dews heavily, 270 will be competitive - dry, burnt surface, with a little uneven bounce. Very good wicket to be honest, should make the match enjoyable.

Bunrah has never dismissed Warner in odi.
Interesting stat

This won’t be a 600+ game for sure. Unless it dews heavily, 270 will be competitive - dry, burnt surface, with a little uneven bounce. Very good wicket to be honest, should make the match enjoyable.
Love wickets like these.

What a shot by Smith.

Are there any updates of when Travis Head is expected to come back? Seems like he adds a really important dimension to this batting lineup.

This pitch is two paced. The medium pacers will be really good on this pitch. Gonna be interested to see how Pandya will bowl here.

Looks extremely hot. India fans what's the weather like? Is it an advantage to be bowling second as the heat seems to get to the players?

I know chennai is famous for being hot.

Brilliant display of bowling in such conditions.

Outstanding athletes. India has become really professional. If they sort out their batting order they could be a force.

Pandya on early. I expect him to be effective here but let’s see how Australia goes about it

Looks extremely hot. India fans what's the weather like? Is it an advantage to be bowling second as the heat seems to get to the players?

I know chennai is famous for being hot.

Brilliant display of bowling in such conditions.

Outstanding athletes. India has become really professional. If they sort out their batting order they could be a force.
If it's too hot pitch might grip later on

Plenty of music for the Indian crowd but for some reason the ground is nowhere near full.

Not a 350 surface.

Australia should aim for 300

Good batting from Warner. Making the most of this over from Pandya who’s no Bumrah/Siraj with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back