India (221/9) beat Bangladesh (135/9) in the 2nd T20I to seal the series 2-0 with one match remaining in the 3-match T20I series

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1728413468466.png

Despite featuring two debutants and several fresh faces, India cruised past Bangladesh in the first T20I in Gwalior, comfortably chasing down 128 in under 12 overs. While India were always the favorites, the match highlighted how far Bangladesh still lag in T20I cricket.

India's performance demonstrated that Suryakumar Yadav and Gautam Gambhir are carrying forward the aggressive approach established by Rohit Sharma and Rahul Dravid, which helped them win the T20 World Cup earlier this year. Except for Nitish Kumar Reddy (16* off 15 balls), every Indian batter struck at a rate above 150. Furthermore, India has addressed the issue of their batters not contributing with the ball, fielding eight bowling options in the first T20I—something Suryakumar referred to as a "happy headache."

In contrast, Bangladesh captain Najmul Hossain Shanto conceded that his batters struggle to post 180 in T20Is, as they're accustomed to playing on 140-150 run pitches at home. Overcoming this obstacle will be essential if they hope to keep the series alive.

Squads:

India Squad:
Sanju Samson(w), Abhishek Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Nitish Reddy, Hardik Pandya, Riyan Parag, Rinku Singh, Washington Sundar, Varun Chakaravarthy, Arshdeep Singh, Mayank Yadav, Jitesh Sharma, Tilak Varma, Ravi Bishnoi, Harshit Rana

Bangladesh Squad: Parvez Hossain Emon, Litton Das(w), Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Jaker Ali, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Rishad Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzid Hasan, Rakibul Hasan, Tanzim Hasan Sakib

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Delhi ground is small. If the wicket is anything like what we saw recently in IPL it will be carnage.

Playing this 9th ranked team with no talent whatsoever is absolutely pointless for India.

Ahead of the start of the India-Bangladesh 2nd T20I, here’s a look at top performers and record holders for India in three T20Is played so far at Arun Jaitley Stadium:

• Result summary: 1 win and 2 defeats in 3 T20Is.
  • Highest total: 211 for 4 in 20 overs vs South Africa on June 9, 2022.
  • Lowest total: 148 for 6 in 20 overs vs Bangladesh on November 3, 2019.
  • Biggest win: India beat New Zealand by 53 runs on November 1, 2017.
  • Most runs: 121 runs in two T20Is by Shikhar Dhawan.
  • Highest score: 80 runs from 52 balls by Shikhar Dhawan vs New Zealand on November 1, 2017.
  • Highest average: 76.00 by Ishan Kishan.
  • Most 50s: 1 each by Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, and Ishan Kishan.
  • Most sixes: 5 sixes in three T20Is by Shreyas Iyer.
  • Most sixes in an innings: 4 by Rohit Sharma during his 80-run knock against New Zealand on November 1, 2017.
  • Most ducks: 1 in two T20Is by Hardik Pandya.
  • Most wickets: 3 each by Axar Patel and Yuzvendra Chahal.
  • Best bowling figures: 2 for 20 in four overs by Axar Patel against New Zealand on November 1, 2017.
  • Most dismissals: 3 (2 catches & 1 stumping) by MS Dhoni.
  • Most catches: 2 catches by Shikhar Dhawan.
  • Highest partnership: 158 runs for the 1st wicket between Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma vs New Zealand on November 1, 2017.
  • Most matches: 3 each by Shreyas Iyer and Yuzvendra Chahal.
  • Most wins as captain: 1 win by Virat Kohli.

BD should bowl first if they win the toss.

Need to show a better performance in this game. Last T20 was pathetic.

InshAllah Bangladesh will win this match. Bangladesh won t20 last time they played against India in Delhi, also won odi match in Delhi against Lanka. Delhi could be lucky ground for team BD.

Ik that India will win, But I am hoping against hope that Bamgaldesh wins so that these crybabies then cry some more

BD should bowl first if they win the toss.

Need to show a better performance in this game. Last T20 was pathetic.
Yh. Chasing is their best chance. Batters need to step up and perform. Why didn’t they pick Sabbir, Soumya, Mossadekk. These are BD’s best options for t20s. Yes they havent done well last time they played but the truth is these players still have plenty of years left, experienced, and are the right calibre t20 players. Got to persist with them. Only t20s though. In ODI’s maybe not.

Useless captain need to perform with the bat, his timid slow sr kills the momentum. The ever talented Liton Das need to fix up his wild type of tailender shots! Experienced players with very poor mentality. Jees!

India vs Bangladesh, 2nd T20I​

Bangladesh have won the toss and have opted to field

Teams:

India
(Playing XI): Sanju Samson(w), Abhishek Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Nitish Reddy, Hardik Pandya, Riyan Parag, Rinku Singh, Washington Sundar, Varun Chakaravarthy, Arshdeep Singh, Mayank Yadav

Bangladesh (Playing XI): Parvez Hossain Emon, Litton Das(w), Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Jaker Ali, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Rishad Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Mustafizur Rahman

InshAllah Bangladesh will win this match. Bangladesh won t20 last time they played against India in Delhi, also won odi match in Delhi against Lanka. Delhi could be lucky ground for team BD.
Kohli, Rohit, Bumrah, Kuldeep, Axar - none of them are playing. This team was supposed to be easily beaten by BD no ?

Hopefully , BD will go against their history of being bullied by India and give us a fight in this match

win it for Mahmdullah who is retiring after this series. His best knock has to be that one in the Nidahas trophy semi final against Lanka, under so much pressure. Thats when I thought Bd truly actually turned a corner in t20s in that series they chased 214 against Sri Lanka! But they go one step forward, 10 steps back!

BD will be chasing under heavy dew. No excuses not to beat an India who are an average team without their stars as per posters here

BD will be chasing under heavy dew. No excuses not to beat an India who are an average team without their stars as per posters here
india is the best test and t20 team. top 2 in odi.
but yes we are missing several players. best chance to win is now in t20
also in tests we are in a transition phase. in batting and bowling too. we are going through changes. still very strong.

win it for Mahmdullah who is retiring after this series. His best knock has to be that one in the Nidahas trophy semi final against Lanka, under so much pressure. Thats when I thought Bd truly actually turned a corner in t20s in that series they chased 214 against Sri Lanka! But they go one step forward, 10 steps back!
Why are these players playing their last matches in a tough tour like India? It is never a good idea.

Shakib found it out by scoring a duck and went out losing in his final test which lasted for 2 days.

These Bangladeshi legends should have had their farewell games in Bangladesh.

apparently shanto had some words to say about speedster mayank.
apparently bdesh have a few bowlers as quick as mayank and he isnt exactly a challange according to him.
interesting

will mayank take this personally and will bdesh feel the wrath of mayank's medium pace?
he is medium pace compared to speedsters of yesteryear pakistani greats here.

arshdeep potentially got a test call up. as a reserve. he played well in that recent duleep trophy.
maybe he deserves it. i know he isnt rated highly as a test bat but he has good mental strength, can bat and i believe can keep one end tight. if he can do the donkey work he deserves a shot.

seriously how much is mamdullah age fudging by? must be 45 lmao

apparently shanto had some words to say about speedster mayank.
apparently bdesh have a few bowlers as quick as mayank and he isnt exactly a challange according to him.
interesting

will mayank take this personally and will bdesh feel the wrath of mayank's medium pace?
he is medium pace compared to speedsters of yesteryear pakistani greats here.
Good for Shanto, should put them in his XI, unless he's talking about hypotehtical Atul Sharmas of Dhaka and Sylhet

Yh. Chasing is their best chance. Batters need to step up and perform. Why didn’t they pick Sabbir, Soumya, Mossadekk. These are BD’s best options for t20s. Yes they havent done well last time they played but the truth is these players still have plenty of years left, experienced, and are the right calibre t20 players. Got to persist with them. Only t20s though. In ODI’s maybe not.

I agree that Sabbir should've been picked.

Not sure about Soumya but this format suits batters like him.

Tanzim is playing today instead of Shoriful. Good move.

Tanzim is a better T20 bowler. He can bat better too.

Sanju Samson is such an enigma. He has all the talent in the world. But gets out playing a brainless shot.

This was a golden opportunity for him opening against a weak opposition at home to cement his place in the team. But wasted 2 opportunities.

india is the best test and t20 team. top 2 in odi.
but yes we are missing several players. best chance to win is now in t20
also in tests we are in a transition phase. in batting and bowling too. we are going through changes. still very strong.
Lol, So much hype on abhisheikh and sanju and look at this lot.

And where is the mighty jaiswal? Did he take a nap because Bangladesh was not worthy of his highness?

147kph to get A Sharma out! from my homie Tanzim who lives in the same district and subdistrict as my origin in BD. Good bowling by the seamers! Tanzim is BD’s best t20 bowler but was left out by the ignorant coach Haturusinghe, unjustly.

Lol, So much hype on abhisheikh and sanju and look at this lot.

And where is the mighty jaiswal? Did he take a nap because Bangladesh was not worthy of his highness?
abhi is good. i never rated sanju ganju.

jaiswal is rested.

I have a feeling big knock from Soorya Koomar coming up today

Today all Indian batsmen will get a chance to have an outing.

Good opportunity for Nitish, Riyan to showcase their talent.

Tanzim has gone lot faster MashAllah. He used to bowl 140kph before but now going over 145kph often!

Tanzim has gone lot faster MashAllah. He used to bowl 140kph before but now going over 145kph often!

I don't know why Tanzim didn't play the first game. He is better than Shoriful when it comes to LOI.

I think your confusing jaiswal for Travis head an actual Nuke.

All I see is Jaiswal hiding.
Not really mate, unless Head's taken Indian nationality in last 48 hours.

You see what your eyes want to see.

But glad we both agree that BD is a rag tag team.

Why? His highness thought the pitch was too dirty?
australia is the best team
t.head is the best player
starc is the best bowler
cummins is the second bes bowler in all formats

jaiswal is faking an injury. he is intimidated by the side he got destroyed by recently in tests.

Not really mate, unless Head's taken Indian nationality in last 48 hours.

You see what your eyes want to see.

But glad we both agree that BD is a rag tag team.
Who on earth wants an Indian passport?

I've heard of Indians migrating to Australia and seeking pr status mever heard of the opposite happening 🤣

Pathetic keeper Liton Das drops a catch!

Tanzim bowling with a lot of venom!

I just find it funny how all the jaiswal fans were talking smack and yet here is not even playing 🫠
I know you have Pakistani heritage my dear chaps but then your Ozzie upbringing must have introduced you to work load management and bench strength testing....Unfortunately India rightly or wrongly believes in both- maybe looking at Ozzies on how to manage their players.

Jaiswal hiding from mighty Banglas :unsure:
Jaiswal is taking rest but Travis head is playing with amature player's in australia domestic ( Certain poster im sure don't know) right now.

Head is confused as where he can bat as an opener or number 5. :kp

I know you have Pakistani heritage my dear chaps but then your Ozzie upbringing must have introduced you to work load management and bench strength testing....Unfortunately India rightly or wrongly believes in both- maybe looking at Ozzies on how to manage their players.
Yes, But aussie players genuinely need work load management and rest.

Jaiswal is a young blood and already he's tired?

Who on earth wants an Indian passport?

I've heard of Indians migrating to Australia and seeking pr status mever heard of the opposite happening 🤣
On the first- unfrotunately a lot of folks from BD- that's why we are never sure if their fans are visiting fans or foreverstaying back chaps.

Then why Head is being mentioned as an Indian nuke in a match between India and BD

Shoorya Koomar out...Bangladesh looking charged up today

Pitch seems to be 2 sided.are our openers so blind on hitting mode with out even realising how the pitch is behaving ?.They should have sent message to dressing room about the revises target .

Jaiswal is taking rest but Travis head is playing with amature player's in australia domestic ( Certain poster im sure don't know) right now.

Head is confused as where he can bat as an opener or number 5. :kp
Because he prides himself on national duty over taking smooties sitting In the dugout

Back