India [326/2] beat West Indies [322/8] by eight wickets in the first ODI match

RamLakhan

First Class Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
India: 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 Shikhar Dhawan, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 Ambati Rayudu, 5 Rishabh Pant, 6 MS Dhoni (wk), 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Kuldeep Yadav, 9 Yuzvendra Chahal, 10 Umesh Yadav, 11 Mohammed Shami/Khaleel Ahmed

West Indies (possible): 1 Sunil Ambris, 2 Kieran Powell, 3 Shai Hope (wk), 4 Shimron Hetmeyer, 5 Marlon Samuels, 6 Rovman Powell, 7 Jason Holder (capt), 8 Ashley Nurse 9 Keemo Paul, 10 Devendra Bishoo, 11 Alzarri Joseph/Kemar Roach

Kohli prefers Rayudu for WC No.4 spot! If you back some youngster he may at least come good by the time next world cup arrives (Like Kohli in 2011)...

It is kind of deja vu for India. In October 2014, Ind had invited WI for 5 ODIs which didn't happen and replaced by SL. India duly thrashed SL 5-0 with the Rayudus n all making merry. Come the 2015 WC, the middle order failed in imp match. Same thing gonna happen now. I pray for a couple of WI win just to shake up things.

India bowling first again. Bored of seeing us bowl first again and again. Wanted to see some batting.

India: 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 Shikhar Dhawan, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 Ambati Rayudu, 5 Rishabh Pant, 6 MS Dhoni (wk), 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Kuldeep Yadav, 9 Yuzvendra Chahal, 10 Umesh Yadav, 11 Mohammed Shami/Khaleel Ahmed

West Indies (possible): 1 Sunil Ambris, 2 Kieran Powell, 3 Shai Hope (wk), 4 Shimron Hetmeyer, 5 Marlon Samuels, 6 Rovman Powell, 7 Jason Holder (capt), 8 Ashley Nurse 9 Keemo Paul, 10 Devendra Bishoo, 11 Alzarri Joseph/Kemar Roach

Kuldeep isn't in the XI

Captain aggressive at his best :virat

It is kind of deja vu for India. In October 2014, Ind had invited WI for 5 ODIs which didn't happen and replaced by SL. India duly thrashed SL 5-0 with the Rayudus n all making merry. Come the 2015 WC, the middle order failed in imp match. Same thing gonna happen now. I pray for a couple of WI win just to shake up things.

Exactly right! Good observation! If you notice carefully you will see these Rayudus, Karthiks, etc, make merry against opponents like Sri Lanka, WI, etc in non-significant matches (Projected a Nidhahas finals as some world cup to hype DK!) Compared to them Rahul, Pandey, etc, have at least performed against good sides at their own den like Australia, England, etc (though they are inconsistent and have their own issues!) It is foolishness to send Karthik, Rayudu, etc, in a World Cup tournament at the end of their career by seeing their so-called form & experience! I don't know how Kohli & Shastri who has seen/played all kind of cricket thoroughly all their age can make such blunders! At least try some youngsters & hope for the best (they can at least come good in future like Kohli of 2011) Pant, Gill, Shaw & even Rahul for that matter being part of a premier tournament like World Cup (batting in any position & with whatever contribution) can make a world of good to their confidence in future! Whereas these Rayudus, Karthiks will not only cost the world cup with dismal performance but also will exit/retire losing all their whatever left-our confidence & passion for the game! I have seen this all my years of watching cricket passionately! But some guys like [MENTION=147270]the_outsider[/MENTION] think that people at the TOP position know things better & we should leave it to them for making all the decisions!

India will win this series comfortably. This west indian team is pretty weak.

Kuldeep misses out for Jadeja
Rahul continues to be benched for Rayudu.
Shardul Thakur continues to be in the squad
Less said about Dhoni, better it will be

CSK mafia rocks. Kohli by succumbing to this mafia is writing a pre mature obituary to his captaincy stint.

CSK mafia rocks. Kohli by succumbing to this mafia is writing a pre mature obituary to his captaincy stint.

Jadeja was always gonna play as no.7. It was between Kuldeep and Chahal or play 3 spinners.I'd have preferred Kuldeep

Rahul I think has told that he'll only bat in top 3. Still there are better options than Rayudu

Thakur is injured no?RCB guy Umesh came in

Where did I talk about a cricket match getting abandoned due to crowd? It was abandoned because of poor ground conditions. :inti

It was abandoned because of wet outfield. There was overnight rain. And that ground was different from this one.

#ThankYouIPL #IPLRocks

Guwahati has finally got a world class cricket stadium. Even though it's not a full house, loving the energy so far.

Jadeja was always gonna play as no.7. It was between Kuldeep and Chahal or play 3 spinners.I'd have preferred Kuldeep

Rahul I think has told that he'll only bat in top 3. Still there are better options than Rayudu

Thakur is injured no?RCB guy Umesh came in

From where has Jadeja suddenly become a certainity ahead of Kuldeep and Chahal? My dislike for Kohli's pathetic leadership keeps growing.

My cousin is visiting a cricket ground for the first time to root for her crush Kohli :))

😀 Great to see that this stadium is not in some foresaken place on city outskirts.

Will not be far from hosting a couple of IPL matches or at some stage even have an IPL franchise for entire North-East

�� Great to see that this stadium is not in some foresaken place on city outskirts.

Will not be far from hosting a couple of IPL matches or at some stage even have an IPL franchise for entire North-East

It's not exactly at the heart of the city, but not that far either. Around 10 kms from my place, and my place is one of the most recognized ones in my city.

Guwahati is a relatively small city area wise compared to the metros. Point is that people here speak of 10 kms like people in the metros would speak of 40 kms :))

From where has Jadeja suddenly become a certainity ahead of Kuldeep and Chahal? My dislike for Kohli's pathetic leadership keeps growing.

Jadeja has replaced Pandya at 7. He's guaranteed a place till Pandya comes back.Ofcourse we could play all 3 like in Asia Cup

WI rattling along. Will be great to see them score 325+. They have the ability, need to be patient

Khaleel struggling to the move the ball into right handers. His action seems to collapsing before ball release and lack of rhythm is slowing down his speed. Trying to bowl slow cutters but not bouncers

It is outrageous to have Dhoni in the side when Pant is playing! Hope Dhoni puts pressure on himself and struggles heavily both with bat & gloves in these 18 ODIs & Pant excels in all... This is the only way we can see Pant playing ahead of Dhoni in WC and a proper batsman/alrounder plays in place of Dhoni! I hope Pant doesn't feel any pressure and he should just think that he is playing as a batsman in the side and not competing with Dhoni (hopefully he will think like that)!

It's not exactly at the heart of the city, but not that far either. Around 10 kms from my place, and my place is one of the most recognized ones in my city.

Guwahati is a relatively small city area wise compared to the metros. Point is that people here speak of 10 kms like people in the metros would speak of 40 kms :))

Are you watching the match in the stadium?

WI have some good talent in Hope and Hetmyer. If they can get Evin Lewis, Darren Bravo and Narine into the XI they can give bigger teams run for their money

WI have some good talent in Hope and Hetmyer. If they can get Evin Lewis, Darren Bravo and Narine into the XI they can give bigger teams run for their money

Pollard and Russel would also be excellent additions too. A very explosive ODI and T20 Team.

Good crowd at the Venue for a not very strong opponent and stadiums looks to have been well designed. Such Non-IPL venues should get matches on a regular basis as Traditional venues get a lot of Test cricket and IPL matches anyway

What happend to Evan Lewis?? Why isn't he opening for WI?

That's the problem with windies cricketers these days. As soon as they taste some success, they are poached by various T20 leagues and stop participating for the National team.

Won't be surprised if same happens with Heytmer after he gains popularity.

What an innings my Shimron!! Can win this game almost single handed.

If Windies play it cool till over 44, Windies have good shot at 325-330

Not able to watch live, but Hetmyer has ensured that I'll be definitely watching the highlights.

What a knock from Hetmyer. Impressive to see WI not being too bothered about fall of wickets.

Can WI keep their head and get to 325? Even 300+ could lead to an upset

He had some personal problem, so took the flight back to the islands.

Good to hear that he isn't playing in some random t20 league instead of WI. I hope his problems are solved as soon as possible and he can come back and represent the WI. This guy has some serious talent.

Where is the captain for spinners now? Imagine if India were doing well with spinners

Holder should aim to bat till the end of the innings. Once set he can be dangerous.

Shami and Jadeja being properly thrashed. Kohli looking clueless.

This young WI side looks on course for a major upset.

3 hundreds & one 50; and all 3 hundreds are made at like 140 SR!!!

Pant is a terrible terrible fielder. Playing soccer in cricket ground. Hope he makes up to all these runs he failed to stop.

I miss those Asia cup pitches. This is a poor pitch and even poorer ground dimensions.

Think WI have scored enough. We have been terrible chasers and unlikely we will chase this huge total.

Best West Indies ODI batting performance in a long, long time.

Got him ! Wow, excited to see a genuine West Indian pacer.

India should prepare bouncy pitches for the remaining matches. Against genuine quick Windows bowlers it will be a good practice for Australia tour.

For some reason WI always perform better than expected in India. 2016 T20 WC for example.

Back