India (376 & 287/4d) crush Bangladesh (149 & 234) in 1st Test by 280 runs, taking 1-0 lead in 2-Test match series

There was this guy Shodat hossain who helped BD skittle India for 200 odd runs once. He took fifer or something. One of his 128 kph bouncer knocked the helmet of Dravid lol as it didn't arrive. But he bowled well though in the first innings

Pant and Jazball are two of the most dangerous batsmen in world cricket. These two will make life difficult for Australia later this year

BD has an excellent upcoming Pace trio. Will be handful in all conditions. All 3 of them are tall and can generate good bounce.

For all the jokes that were made on BD bowlers over the years, they finally found some brilliant talent to extract revenge. :aag
talent was there always, but there were no system so bowlers used to get lost after one or two flashes of briliance. now there is a system which encourages fast bowlers.

Finally Bangladesh has found a formula. I know Mortaza was there for them. But their first and second change were not consistent.

Whoever is behind this deserves a pay rise.
It was otis gibson first who actually took care of the fast bowlers, encouraged them, put the current system in place. Allan Donald then came and worked with the current batch and really fine tuned them

Pant was over weight when he had the accident. He has lost a bit of weight for sure. Does it make him to run too many singles?

67-3

Bangla have done well so far, but need a wicket. No spinners have bowled yet, need spinner to bowl and see if they get any assistance.

It was otis gibson first who actually took care of the fast bowlers, encouraged them, put the current system in place. Allan Donald then came and worked with the current batch and really fine tuned them
Will always be a mystery for me why didn't we have Donald as our bowling coach. The guy is a walking coaching manual on fast bowling. IIRC he once applied for our coach but couldn't find favours with BCCI

I don't think Taskin has an action to move the ball like Hasan who is like Bhuvi, Asif with flick of wrists move the ball.

Seems like a good toss to win for Bangladesh.

5HhiPE0.jpeg

Jaiswal what a batsman he is! First saw him in under 19 World Cup final and instantly impressed by his batting.

Bangladesh have created a great all round pace bowling attack. All are young pacers.

• Hasan Mahmud
  • Shoriful Islam
  • Nahid Rana
  • Sakib Tanzim
  • Taskin Ahmed
  • Ebadot Hossain

Sad to see their best ever pacer-Mustafizur in decline.
Saifuddin was promising all rounder. Dont know what happen to him.

Can Bangladesh bowlers reverse. It is very vital in India. Umesh and Shami are the best in India with reverse.
Umesh Yadav was absoultely beast in India. He has a 10fer in India, which Bumrah and Shami haven't manage in their career.

Pant under-19 - 2016 batch
Gill under-19 - 2018 batch
Jaiswal under-19 - 2020 batch
Rohit under-19 - 2006 batch
Kohli under-19 - 2008 batch
Jadeja under-19 - 2008 batch

You can see how India's under-19 set up works.

Very poor over-rate by Bangladesh. Today Nial O brien was talking a lot about how teams should be penalized for slow over-rate.

I thought India would dominate so really did not want to see the match, BD took 3 wickets and forced me to watch the match, after I started watching India started to play ODI lol

Not sure about this. I think BD still has the upper hand.
Good batting conditions now.

BD did not push their advantage when Kohli fell. Ball is now coming gun barrel straight. Bowling looks ordinary all of a sudden.

Shakib needs to step up for BD if they want to get India for around 230.

Will always be a mystery for me why didn't we have Donald as our bowling coach. The guy is a walking coaching manual on fast bowling. IIRC he once applied for our coach but couldn't find favours with BCCI
you missed out, he is a very good coach for young fast bowlers

I thought India would dominate so really did not want to see the match, BD took 3 wickets and forced me to watch the match, after I started watching India started to play ODI lol
BD bowlers dominated for as long as there was some juice in the pitch. Now it’s just help yourself buffet bowling.

BD did not push their advantage when Kohli fell. Ball is now coming gun barrel straight. Bowling looks ordinary all of a sudden.

After Kohli wicket , couple pf chance created by BD bowlers but they don't grab the apportunity.

In test match Pant is a big player. You blink and see the scorecard and he has a 50. You blink again and he is on 100.

Unless he gets quickly he will take the whole game away from Bangladesh.

India has been struggling at home for a while. They consistently relied on Jadeja or Axar or Sundar or Ashwin to bail them out. Against Australia Axar patel was the highest run getter.

Not watched the match but glancing at the scorecard young Mahmud looks to be a bright prospect.

Jaiswal and Pant have batted really well, IMO. An interesting second session is coming. Don't give a wicket to Nahid Rana. He'll become a different beast, regardless of the pitch conditions.

Our pacers especially Taskin ,Rana needed to bowl more fuller. That was the only chance of genereting wicket taking deliveries. Bowling short in this condition will produce nothing.

If these 2 can add at least a 100 more for this wicket, BD will have difficult time getting back into this game.

It was Bangladesh's session comfortably. Well done Hasan Mahmud and Jaiswal. Pant was lucky.

Back