India (477) defeat England (218 & 195) by an inning and 64 runs to win the 5th Test and the series 4-1

Looking back, i dont think any pitch qualified as a 'mine field' ' dustbowl' 'snake pit' 'bunsen burner' 'square turner' - standard issue from media which gets thrown around when any touring team show up on our stores.
TBJ eng played well, had their chances but our guys, especially the young ones showed their hunger and resilience and stood up when it mattered.
If eng had any chance of winning, i'd think Dharmshala was the venue. low temperatures, ball swinging, bouncy wicket, conditions more headingley than hyderabad. And they won the toss as well :)....
England got demolished. India missing 3 or 4 key players. Selecting no performers like Mukesh, patidar etc. Still smashed England. It wasn't close at all. It's a drubbing.

No doubt about it, this is a formidable Indian side at home.

Their only competitive test recently at home was against the Aussies.

As for England, alot of improving required, also the likes of Pope needs to show consistency.

Rohit Sharma said after the winning 5th Test and series against England:

"When you win a Test, everything has to fall into place. Lot of things we did right through the match. [Absent stars] At some stage, people are going to go, we know that. All these guys are short on experience but they've played a lot of cricket. We have got to nurture them and make them understand the game."

"When put under pressure they responded pretty well. Credit goes to the entire team for that. We talk about scoring runs, but it is as important to take 20 wickets to win the Test match. Everyone, all the bowlers came and responded. They wanted to make a difference with the ball in hand."

Except for the 80s, where we had big achievements in Odis, the W/L ratio has gone up every decade. The W/L ratio of India under Kohli + Rahane + Rohit etc is above 2.5, which is comparable to ATG sides.
did'nt know about the w.l ratios , even under MSD we only used to win @ home - we did'nt win much overseas...a lot of credit has to go to VK for the changes he brought and to some genius coaches like Bharat Arun, Shridhar - the fielding coach -Why the BCCI let go of these guys is a mystery.
That apart Saurav would also be one of the main catalysts in rebranding indian cricket and taking it fwd.
The challenge now is to sustain this, we will have VK, ash, Hitman, Shami, Jadz, KL leaving (unless they channel their inner 'Jimmy anderson :) ), for the time being I'd like to say we have pretty much cover for the batting and WK has 3 good contenders in Rishabh, Dhruv, Ishan with Sanju being on the outer. Its pace and spin bowling that the cuboard looks bare, we need young guys to come in and step up - BCCI needs to be proactive.....but knowing those Gadzillon guzzling cement heads - theywont be proactive enough and every change will be a forced hand.

First time India has taken 100 wickets in a test series. Since we haven't played too many 5 test series, it is a creditable achievement.

He is going to sing the same tune with that 10 year window forgetting the fact india has won all the tournaments that is available. He also would indicate it is so easy to dominate league stage lol RIght now that is the only one thing he has to troll India. Once India does that he will have to search for new excuses.
Funny thing is , his team of choice is probably the dullest ever to play any form of any sport. They are devoid of talent, lack any kind of presence, play like mouses hiding behind rocks, and invariably lose everything they participate. I am sure many countries can field several regional teams that are more exciting than BD. The Mumbai team that played knockout recently will probably grind them to dust.

With that background he is here trolling other teams. I am sure Pakistan team which itself is a mid table team will thrash them in any kind of series. He needs to be more humble and actually post something that adds value to the conversation

Funny thing is , his team of choice is probably the dullest ever to play any form of any sport. They are devoid of talent, lack any kind of presence, play like mouses hiding behind rocks, and invariably lose everything they participate. I am sure many countries can field several regional teams that are more exciting than BD. The Mumbai team that played knockout recently will probably grind them to dust.

With that background he is here trolling other teams. I am sure Pakistan team which itself is a mid table team will thrash them in any kind of series. He needs to be more humble and actually post something that adds value to the conversation
Especially when we appreciate their players when they do good. I have appreciation for guys like Shoriful, Shakibul. But some find excuse to discredit wins of other sides.

The English media will glorify Stokes, but the reality is that Root is a far greater cricketer than Stokes can ever hope to me.

Root is one of the best of all time - Stokes has fallen way short of that league.
Yeah true. Root is once in a generation player who is probably the most talented among the Fab Four. He has the best technique and is at ease on all kinds of surfaces. Instead of getting the most out of him, while he is at his peak, England management is wasting him by asking him to nonsensical cricket. Root and couple of others playing normal cricket would have won them atleast one more test in this series.

Stokes is highly overrated due to few highly exceptional performances. If you go by that measure Travis head has had more exceptional performances but no one will rate him above smith. English press just hypes and writes volumes about stokes achievements where as his overall performance is pretty average. In this series along Jadeja, Kuldeep and Hartley have been better all rounded players. Not only they all out bowled stokes but all looked most assured at the crease.

India coach Rahul Dravid spoke in the aftermath of an enthralling five-Test series, which the hosts won 4-1.​

After losing the first Test in Hyderabad by a close margin of 28 runs, the hosts struck back and recorded four successive wins. They won in Vizag by 106 runs, in Rajkot by 434 runs, in Ranchi by five wickets, and now in Dharamsala by an innings and 64 runs.

Since their last series loss to England at home in 2012, India have won 17 successive Test series in their backyard.

Speaking to the reporters in the post-match press conference, Dravid spoke highly of India’s dominant run at home,

"Yes, defeats in India have been rare," Dravid said. "For players, it’s not easy (to continue winning), and sometimes it's really heartening to see that in the last decade or so, India has been able to string together this successful series (of wins).”

On paper, it might seem like India held the upper hand, but the series was much more closely contested. Dravid reflected on how England pushed India on several occasions in a competitive Test series.

"I think we dominated this Test, but the first four Tests, there were periods of play when they put us in a little bit of pressure. On the third day in Rajkot and Ranchi, I think England had the ascendancy in both days.

"The heartening thing for me was how well our experienced players stepped up in those situations.”

Big names like Virat Kohli and Mohammed Shami missed the whole series, while India were without the services of Ravindra Jadeja, KL Rahul and Jasprit Bumrah at various stages. Yet Dravid was pleased with how the side fought back after losing the first Test,

"The fact that we lost the first Test match, and had to bounce back from there. (And we) had to do it with a slightly different team to the one we probably expected to start the series maybe a few months ago.

"To be put under pressure at various stages, in the first four Test matches, and to be able to bounce back from that makes you feel very happy. We’re proud and happy about the way the team has evolved and grown. And just happy for the boys to step up and be able to execute those skills under pressure."

India also saw youngsters like Sarfaraz Khan, Dhruv Jurel and Akash Deep join hands with the likes of Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shubman Gill and Kuldeep Yadav to notch up crucial performances throughout the series,

“It was amazing to see the young guys step up. Everyone in their own way put in performances and played a part for the team, which was really heartening to see.”

ICC

the poster who you quoted isn't one of those excited BD fans we encounter. His reason for disliking India is something else. @Mesozoic

Out of form, old Ashwin leading wicket taker with 26 wickets at an average of 24.8 this series. Jadeja and Kuldeep played one test less and got 19 each but Ashwin missed one innings in Ranchi because of visit to his ailing mother.

Were these dustbowls or flat pitches? If they were flat pitches, Indian spinners are pretty good. If they were dustbowls, Jaiswal with 700+ runs is the GOAT.

Dustbowl when we are bowling but flat track when batting :ROFLMAO:

70% of them have been hit by India which is unprecedented.

Jaiswal has broken Rohit sharma's record of maximum sixes in a single series. Now he is at the top.

Screenshot-2024-03-11-011629.jpg

Has the myth now been debunked that one needs to win tosses to win tests/series in India?

Back