India end Day 4 in a strong position at 52/1 chasing 209 to win the 1st Test against England

Even at home we are crappier, hence we are relying on turners to cover up!
Yeah, safe to say this is our crappiest ever batting line-up. Not one batsman is reliable enough to score consistent runs.

England has at least Root.

Lol, as if we are overflowing with so much batting talent!

Our batting is even crappier than England, now that says something.

Agree indian batting is average but some of the English batsmen are club level at best

Now no chance of indian win here .they will add 100 more set Target 235 which out of india reach . Eng win if there is no rain

Agree indian batting is average but some of the English batsmen are club level at best
Don't go by past reputation of the likes of Kohli, Pujara, Rahane, judge them on the basis of their form of last few years, they are even crappier than the likes of Burns, Sibley or Lawrence.

Bumrah has reverted back to being tripe.

Yeah, safe to say this is our crappiest ever batting line-up. Not one batsman is reliable enough to score consistent runs.

England has at least Root.

In the past Indian batting was such that it would seize any such opportunities provided by bowlers (I mean they would have easily scored 400+ runs in the 1st innings). But the problem was they didn't had such bowlers...

If Jaddu gets back his old bowling form, he has a chance to be one of the greatest ARs ever.

What happ to him?

He used to be sooo good with the ball.

Im just looking at the scorecard so no idea how he is bowling.

He was getting turn occasionally and had some LBW shouts

Not getting a decent spell though.Spinners take time to settle down

Both Buttler and baistrow are not good enough but yet they still keep getting picked

I am not watching it ball by ball so cant comment about his captaincy here.

<B>Ab Fan is in some Kohli bashing mood so tagging me. :))</B>

I thought Jaddu was settling into a nice rhythm there.

But i guess cloud cover meant we went with pacers on both ends.

Now time to bring back Jaddu.

SIF, not sure why you think so?

I am living in Bangalore from last half a dozen years and Kohli is basically the heart of Bangaloreans. Whether he wins an IPL for RCB or not, just watching him bat is a bigger gift than anything else for us.

Not sure why you think tagging you means asking someone who is epitome of Kohli basher to show up and do his stuffs ? :))

Pakistan struggled to get Butler and Crawley out and get Root out relatively easier(exceptfor one mammoth inning he played against Pakistan at Old Trafford). Yet opposite is case for India with these three batsmen.

SIF, not sure why you think so?

I am living in Bangalore from last half a dozen years and Kohli is basically the heart of Bangaloreans. Whether he wins an IPL for RCB or not, just watching him bat is a bigger gift than anything else for us.

Not sure why you think tagging you means asking someone who is epitome of Kohli basher to show up and do his stuffs ? :))

I was just having some fun mate.

Shardul Thakur has surpassed Hardik Pandya as a test all-rounder now.

He is the fastest all rounder to surpass Hardik as he did it in a total of 2 tests.

Shardul Thakur has surpassed Hardik Pandya as a test all-rounder now.

He is the fastest all rounder to surpass Hardik as he did it in a total of 2 tests.

:))

Baffling how Hardik is considered a proper AR in tests when he doesnt even have a strong suit.

:))

Baffling how Hardik is considered a proper AR in tests when he doesnt even have a strong suit.

He won a test match in England almost single-handedly! The problem with him is fitness. If he has the fitness to bat at No.6 in India to cover up the 3rd seamer job (no issues with his batting, but the endurance needed for bowling) then he would have learnt the art of being consistent in tests just like he does in LOIs! (And would have been more effective than Thakur)

Chris Silverwood hasn't done well to get a stable eleven. Crawley and Lawrence still don't really haven't been given a role. Crawley opens sometimes, sometimes he comes in at 3. He isn't good at either. Lawrence gets a chance every now and then and gets dropped. Bairstow after 70+ tests still hasn't figured out his test game or maybe he's not good enough but he keeps getting chances. Replacing Stokes is difficult understandably but apart from Root, Burns and Buttler, no one is a certain starter. Scott Borthwick and Liam Livingstone should be given a chance.

As for the match, I think Root needs to score a 150 for England to have a chance at winning with their lower order chipping in with 20 runs each.

Tremendous knock from Joe Root. But he seems to have stuck in 90s.

He won a test match in England almost single-handedly! The problem with him is fitness. If he has the fitness to bat at No.6 in India to cover up the 3rd seamer job (no issues with his batting, but the endurance needed for bowling) then he would have learnt the art of being consistent in tests just like he does in LOIs! (And would have been more effective than Thakur)

I saw the match.

With all due respect to him, he was bowling decently and in one spell, England batsman kept nicking him and collapsed out of nowhere.

Kohli and Pujara scored important runs.

Bumrah and pacers combined knocked them out in 2nd innings.

I hate to deny credit to others but that was as fluke a bwing performance as i have ever seen.

He did play well that test...i will give him that.

But he didnt win that for us singlehandedly nor did it look like he did any superhuman stuff.

He obviously has talent but he is neither a proper bat or bowler. So very easy to call him a bowler when he fails with the bat and vice versa.

Last edited:
Some heat between Siraj and Curran...very good to see.

Bumrah and Shami is too sharif types....Siraj has some fire.

I saw the match.

With all due respect to him, he was bowling decently and in one spell, England batsman kept nicking him and collapsed out of nowhere.

Kohli and Pujara scored important runs.

Bumrah and pacers combined knocked them out in 2nd innings.

I hate to deny credit to others but that was as fluke a bwing performance as i have ever seen.

He did play well that test...i will give him that.

But he didnt win that for us singlehandedly nor did it look like he did any superhuman stuff.

He obviously has talent but he is neither a proper bat or bowler. So very easy to call him a bowler when he fails with the bat and vice versa.

Just checked.

Rahane scored that game too.

That one game per series where we usually win. :))

Rahane is a magician too. Ghanta scores but somehow notches up a match winning performance every series.

lol Siraj channeling his inner Sreesanth.. Not only did he convince Kohli to take a stupid review but now keeps bowling bouncers and keeps yapping at Curran because Curran hit him for a 4...

Come on kid, get you line right and get the wicket, no need for the antics,

lol Siraj channeling his inner Sreesanth.. Not only did he convince Kohli to take a stupid review but now keeps bowling bouncers and keeps yapping at Curran because Curran hit him for a 4...

What happened to him?

This is so unlike him.

One of the greatest 100s out there.

He falls. Team falls.

But he doesnt.

This is some insane quality knock.

:bow:

Awesome hundred by Root. Came at a situation when his team was struggling and then played this epic knock under pressure.

Learn Kohli, LEARN!!

He is not good enough for tests. How hard is it to accept? Shardul Thakur has left him behind. Jaddu is irreplaceable in Indian conditions. Pandya should continue playing in T20s though. :inti

Last edited:
One of the greatest 100s out there.

He falls. Team falls.

But he doesnt.

This is some insane quality knock.

:bow:
Contrast this with Kohli's attitude. As if he doesn't even care when gets out cheaply. Nobody in Indian cricket is anyway got guts to drop him.

What happened to him?

This is so unlike him.

He is losing his cool and keeps bowling bouncers like he is some kind of express pace bowler to a tail ender... Losing focus, need to finish up this tail, I think it is already getting too much for the Indians to chase from here..

This might well be his best test hundred ever and this is a guy who has double hundreds in India and Sri Lanka.

Great 100 by Root, King Kohli meanwhile has been on holiday mode for the last 2-3 years...

He is losing his cool and keeps bowling bouncers like he is some kind of express pace bowler to a tail ender... Losing focus, need to finish up this tail, I think it is already getting too much for the Indians to chase from here..

Lol sad.

Curran is 10% talent and 90% heart.

You gotta be careful against that dude.

164 lead now.

The difference between Siraj and Sreesanth is that Siraj can bowl.

Not gifting them a boundary every over would be nice thanks.

Although Joe root is bit overrated but this is one of the best knock he has played.

The difference between Siraj and Sreesanth is that Siraj can bowl.

Sreesanth acted like a clown most of the times. Still remember how he celebrated after taking Sachins wicket in a challenger trophy match. I saw his real personality in a reality show Big Boss. :inti

This test shouldn't be a draw. I want a result.

Target of 220 on Day 5 with India batting at 10/0 or sort of that at stumps.

Rain is still an important factor here.

But if Root bats until the end of today it will be either an England win or a draw.

Time to bring back Shami?

Pitch has flattened out and the ball isn't swinging that much.
Think eng need to set a target of 250 or more

What about KL Rahul? :p

I have no problem with KL Rahul in LOIs. Infact I was the first one here who wanted him as a wicketkeeper batsman in LOI just like Dravid. In tests he is not consistent. Even stats will tell you the same story. :inti

Back