India end Day 4 in a strong position at 52/1 chasing 209 to win the 1st Test against England

Pretty good contest. There might only be 60 over game tomorrow. India will need to be careful but not defensive. Rohit will need to attack - his natural game. If they lost wickets early - game over for India. Odds are in favor of Eng or draw. Ind win highly unlikely.

Indian commies are saying 200 target is a LITTLE troublesome. :))

I guess they will say 250 is a tough target lol.

Well played Root! Fully deserved the appreciation he got today. You have made our Sundays unless weather spoils it.

Dropped.

Beautiful.

Its like watching a really bad movie.

After a while, you start ENJOYING how bad it is.

Bumrah is an unreal bowler.

What quality.

Crazy what happens to him when its a do or die match.

100% choking record if I remember correctly.

Why is Shami so inconsistent? Even on his best days, doesn't go all the way winning us the match.

Bro, listening to Indian commentary is a torture. I'd rather listen to one of those YouTube dudes.

I don't pay attention to any of our ex-spurts.

Either they bootlick. DK is the worst.

Or they spout out cliches.

Or they are woefully ignorant.

Very rarely do I get to hear some genuine insights from them.

Gavaskar when he is with the Sky panel (Nasser and co), is good.

Put him with our gang and he descends to their level.

Curran out.

Just messed up thinking. Could have easily batted normally lol.

Bumrah 4 wickets.

8 wickets this game.

Choking or not choking, Bumrah is India's best bowler. These away test matches matters as much as ICC tournaments final match.

Choking or not choking, Bumrah is India's best bowler. These away test matches matters as much as ICC tournaments final match.

Agreed.

Just frustrating when he goes off-boil for some inexplicable reason.

Away test series in Eng, SA and Aus are more imp than a random WTC final (the way its right now).

Yes. As I have said many times before he should stay away from Pyjama League matches to keep himself fit before important tours like these. It's good that IPL got cancelled at the right time otherwise he would have been injured or tired just like last time we went to England. :inti

India tad bit in front I think. Eng would like to go past 220 here.

200+ run chase will now be a tough test mentally of how good this indian side is.

Siraj hasn't done enough in his career to be getting so chirpy. Needs to pipe down

Issue with England is their top 3 who have done nothing for sometime now.

Crawley was lucky to get that 267 earlier in his test career thanks to Pakistan's pathetic bowling and fielding just like they let Broad make 167 a couple of years before.

209 to win. India should fancy their chances here

Siraj has 2 extreme modes. Either goes complaining to Kohli when someone says something to him or just goes after the opposition.

Issue with England is their top 3 who have done nothing for sometime now.

Crawley was lucky to get that 267 earlier in his test career thanks to Pakistan's pathetic bowling and fielding just like they let Broad make 167 a couple of years before.

A whole decade ago, not just a couple of years. :))
The Broad of 2010 and now has a difference of night and day.

New ball would be key for Eng to give themselves a chance to come back in the game. There isnt much chance of a second new ball in India’s innings as total is 209 so Eng will have to make it count with the first one.

This will be a tough chase. Our pathetic middle order will make it very hard.

p79D9keQCoB38ThfIu0Q_image%20%2828%29.jpg

We are fully capable of bottling this.

Remember the first test in 2018 at Edgbaston.

Anderson is swinging miles...suddenly ball is swinging like crazy :)))

KL Rahul's batting in this test has followed the basic rule of Martin Crowe's batting logic vs Wasim Akram.

Play late and play for the inswingers.

Back