India v Australia | 7th ODI | Bangalore | 2nd Nov, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
India vs Australia

Match scheduled to begin at 13:30 local time (08:00 GMT)

India squad
MS Dhoni*†, R Ashwin, S Dhawan, RA Jadeja, V Kohli, B Kumar, A Mishra, Mohammed Shami, SK Raina, AT Rayudu, I Sharma, RG Sharma, JD Unadkat, R Vinay Kumar, Yuvraj Singh

Australia squad
GJ Bailey*, NM Coulter-Nile, XJ Doherty, JP Faulkner, CJ Ferguson, AJ Finch, BJ Haddin†, MC Henriques, PJ Hughes, CJ McKay, GJ Maxwell, AC Voges, SR Watson

Last edited by a moderator:
India will score 400, if they bat first. No Johnson :))

Hopefully, Australia have learnt their lesson and they open with Maxwell and Bailey they need to maximize dpo.

Last edited:
India will score 400, if they bat first, no Johnson :))

If we bat first, we will lose no matter what we score. :facepalm:

If we bat second, we will chase no matter what the target is. :D :hamster:

Only one man's name written all over the match and that is :kohli

Re: 7th ODI (Series Decider): India v Australia at Bangalore, Nov 2, 2013

Might drizzle a bit but it shouldn't spoil the play.

If we bat first, we will lose no matter what we score. :facepalm:

If we bat second, we will chase no matter what the target is. :D :hamster:
Nah Dhoni knows your bowlers are rubbish and that 350+ is the minimum.

The ground they're playing at is midget sized as well.

I remember Gayle blasting a century there and pretty much every ball landed out of the ground :facepalm:

Last edited:

If this game rains out, then to me this series would look like a failure. 7 games and only 4 results?

Whatever happens, lets hope Bailey, Kohli and who ever is stopping Misbah from being the highest scorer this year fails:zaka

Nah Dhoni knows your bowlers are rubbish and that 350+ is the minimum.

The ground they're playing at is midget sized as well. I remember Gayle blasting a century there and pretty much every ball landed out of the ground :facepalm:

All batsmen are big hitters and comfortably hit 100 m sixes, size doesn't matter to them.

If this game rains out, then to me this series would look like a failure. 7 games and only 4 results?

Whatever happens, lets hope Bailey, Kohli and who ever is stopping Misbah from being the highest scorer this year fails:zaka
Ajmal or Misbah get cricketer of the year regardless imo

Ajmal or Misbah get cricketer of the year regardless imo

To be honest, neither would get it. The guys who are part of the voting panel are always bias. Remember Ajmal not getting it last year?

To be honest, neither would get it. The guys who are part of the voting panel are always bias. Remember Ajmal not getting it last year?
Only Ajmal and Misbah have been consistent in all formats.

Ajmal is the leading wicket taker in ODI's and Tests(?).

Another match and the Indian bowlers await another massacre. Only LOI playing bowling attack which gets butchered mercilessly home and away alike. Even Zims and Bangla attacks are better at home.

Another match and the Indian bowlers await another massacre. Only LOI playing bowling attack which gets butchered mercilessly home and away alike. Even Zims and Bangla attacks are better at home.

When Australian bowlers also have been no good, you can't bash the indian bowlers.

Yet another run fest.

I'm more looking forward to the SA/Pak 3rd ODI to be honest, these 50 over T20 matches are getting too much now really.

:)))

No one bar Dhoni, Yuvraj and Watson can hit it 100m+....

80m is chump change with today's bats.

kohli hit a 101 metre six in the last match against doherty,the one which he slog swept.

kohli hit a 101 metre six in the last match against doherty,the one which he slog swept.
Really?... Kohli is no real powerhouse either..

350 the new 300 and now 100m the new 80m?..

This.

But to be fair Kohli and Dhawan have been absolute beasts :kohli

Dhawan, what a find for India!
I like how bailey plays with an old school technique.

Really?... Kohli is no real powerhouse either..

350 the new 300 and now 100m the new 80m?..

The thing with kohli is that he doesn't have a huge batlift which enables a good swing which in turn generates power on the shot.
He uses all his strength in his limited swing maybe that's why he doesn't get huge distances too often,if he took a higher batlift he will hit them longer,he is quite a strong lad tbh.

It's all about timing man. Power is not necessary.
It's not all about timing, of course you can hit sixes with timing, but to hit the ball further you need power.

100m to me was always the mark for the big hitters e.g. Dhoni, Gayle, Afridi, Watson and Warner

Last edited:
It's not all about timing, of course you can hit sixes with timing, but to hit the ball further you need power.

Kohli has no power, so that disproves that theory. Just bat speed and timing.

Ganguly used to hit some massive sixes too. He was a pretty frail guy as well.

Last edited:
comon australia ......aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi get the big hitting joothey out

The thing with kohli is that he doesn't have a huge batlift which enables a good swing which in turn generates power on the shot.
He uses all his strength in his limited swing maybe that's why he doesn't get huge distances too often,if he took a higher batlift he will hit them longer,he is quite a strong lad tbh.
I don't even think Ryder and Mccullum can hit the ball 100m...

Kohli has no power, so that disproves that theory. Just bat speed and timing.

Ganguly used to hit some massive sixes too. He was a pretty frail guy as well.
Doesn't that say more about the bat than anything? Sachin was a great timer but he didn't hit big sixes.

By the end of the careers they'll have the same average as Kohli :kohli

By the end of their careers I'm suprised they don't end up bitter, depressed drunks.

Hopefully, for many of them, the "end of their career" is now.

And then you bring in the next bright eyed youngster to sacrifice.

Must be soul destroying having to bowl week in week out in these conditions.

Yes bats can certainly help too. But only if you time it well.
Rutherford, Ryder and Mccullum are all great timers, all three have genuine power but they can't hit the ball 100m either.

It's all in the bats if you ask me.

It's hard to classify what a genuine powerhouse is these days, everyone is on the same level playing field in terms of distance hit, I guess it's all about how often you can do it now.

Last edited:
:)))

No one bar Dhoni, Yuvraj and Watson can hit it 100m+....

80m is chump change with today's bats.

yeah right gayle will hit it twice as far as those lot......when they hit it out of the oval then ou can say they hit it far :msd

I don't even think Ryder and Mccullum can hit the ball 100m...

don't know about ryder but i would be very suprised if mccullum din't hit them 100m,he is quite a strong guy.
yuvraj hit brett lee for a 119 m six in the 2007 t20 wc semi iirc and he is less powerfull than gayle or dhoni,so it might not be all about power sometimes.

You can really tell how strong someone is by how far they hit a ball they completely mistimed.

don't know about ryder but i would be very suprised if mccullum din't hit them 100m,he is quite a strong guy.
yuvraj hit brett lee for a 119 m six in the 2007 t20 wc semi iirc and he is less powerfull than gayle or dhoni,so it might not be all about power sometimes.
Yuvraj times the ball well and is a powerful batsmen.

You can really tell how strong someone is by how far they hit a ball they completely mistimed.
I still remember Warner switch hitting Ashwin for a 100m six. Does that qualify?

Rutherford, Ryder and Mccullum are all great timers, all three have genuine power but they can't hit the ball 100m either.

It's all in the bats if you ask me.

It's hard to classify what a genuine powerhouse is these days, everyone is on the same level playing field in terms of distance hit, I guess it's all about how often you can do it now.

I'm positive McCullum has cleared 100m before, I've seen him hit some massive ones. Guptill is another guy who can hit it a mile. Not sure about Rutherford or Ryder.

Afridi anyone?
He's a blind slogger but when he connects he connects. Probably the most powerful for me.

Gayle never seems to really put much effort into his shots, they still go a long way but you feel they could go out of the ground if he really launched into one.

Here is that famous Guptill six. Beautiful strike.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1xkmdK_caxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You don't always need power to hit BIG six...100m+

Look at the timing below....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E1Efk4HAs28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UV UV UV...:D

He's a blind slogger but when he connects he connects. Probably the most powerful for me.

Gayle never seems to really put much effort into his shots, they still go a long way but you feel they could go out of the ground if he really launched into one.

Gayle has got black power!!nothing much u can do in front of that!
will be a good contest between gayle,afridi and dhoni to see who can hit it the furtherest!

I hope they prepare a raging turner but thats unlikely infact it has short boundaries expect a carnage

Gayle has got black power!!nothing much u can do in front of that!
will be a good contest between gayle,afridi and dhoni to see who can hit it the furtherest!
Afridi would miss most deliveries :))

Dhoni and Gayle would go toe to toe with most sixes but Afridi will pull out that one big one after the 100th ball.

Dhoni and Gayle would go toe to toe with most sixes but Afridi will pull out that one big one after the 100th ball.

:afridi is not the same any more. he was never consistent.

Even razzak was more consistent striker than him.

:)) pretty much like his career,fail in 9 out of 10 matches and then perform in the 10th like a legend!

Let's bat first today and see what score we can put up,anything under 380 will not be enough :p

Well aren't you going to be watching a match where it will be raining sixes? :ibutt

make a new thread to discuss biggest 6 hitters . I am going to have lunch shortly & does not mean i start discussing food here .

make a new thread to discuss biggest 6 hitters . I am going to have lunch shortly & does not mean i start discussing food here .
Well the game isn't on for another 2 hours, it's fine to have some friendly banter before the game begins rather than opening a pointless thread to discuss such things.

Last edited:

Match hasn't started yet. There's nothing to talk about.

Longer sixes are not necessarily indication power. The mishits, top edges flying over the boundary is a king of indication of hand power.

Well the game isn't on for another 2 hours, it's fine to have some friendly banter before the game begins rather than opening a pointless thread to discuss such things.

why make a match thread 4 hours earlier ? make this a pre-match discussion & friendly banter thread please .

7th ODI (Series Decider): India v Australia at Bangalore, Nov 2, 2013

Bailey won the toss and elected to field :)

Australia won the toss and will bowl first :( in short australia wins :(

7th ODI (Series Decider): India v Australia at Bangalore, Nov 2, 2013

India will score 400 runs
Kohli will break sehwaq record :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back