India v England | 2nd Test - Day 1 | Mohali | 19/12/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Umpires let England down this morning, or should I say one particular Umpire let England down this morning. He also let them down in the last match. I might call it a conspiracy if I were of a certain persuasion ;). Either he likes Gambhir or he hates Graeme Swann or he's simply rubbish. Dravid too was perhaps lucky to get beyond 0; Test careers are clearly made and saved on Umpiring decisions.

As it is, England's hopes of levelling the series are gone and India can look towards an innings victory. Stuart Broad bowled beautifully first up and looked like the top-class bowler he is perhaps capable of being, but nobody else really looked much of anything on a flattish pitch. Swann bowled tightly, economically and without luck and looks much better than the reticent Monty Panesar at the moment.

Still, that only serves to prove that rubbishness comes in levels too. England are so close to being good, yet so far, and whither now is Owais Shah?

I hope Gambhir excelleates tomorrow. He's naturally aggressive and I'm sure it was hard for him to play at the pa ce he was playing at. I hope D gets his century only in hop thath e returns to form, otherwise please get out sir you are incredibly boring.

I wonder if Dhoni will send Yuvi or someone next jus toaccelerate things. He is our Sehwag at the bottom of the lineup.

accelerate ? we are not playing ODI's are we ? we have lost only one wicket ..runs will flow with wickets in hand !

jusarrived said:
accelerate ? we are not playing ODI's are we ? we have lost only one wicket ..runs will flow with wickets in hand !

2-0 thumping is better than 1-0. India played REALLY slow.

itv was also important to make sure , we win the series .......slow agreed , but cant expect everyone to bat like Shewag ...if you take out shewags innings from any match our scoring rate wont be too different from todays .....Englands field placing was partly responsible as well !

jusarrived said:
itv was also important to make sure , we win the series .......slow agreed , but cant expect everyone to bat like Shewag ...if you take out shewags innings from any match our scoring rate wont be too different from todays .....Englands field placing was partly responsible as well !

nah dude dravid was batting at like 30 strike rate and he took like 200 balls. lol. in the other match Dravid got early both times so the RR was significantly higher even with Sehwag.

I hope Dravid gets out early tomorrow, cuz with him there are more chances of pigs flying rather than India's RR increasing.

Come on guys England is not trying to take wicket here with conventional methods. They just try to frustrate and frustrate and pick wickets here. Bad strategy if you ask me. It is England who has to push for win not India.

IronMan2009 said:
Come on guys England is not trying to take wicket here with conventional methods. They just try to frustrate and frustrate and pick wickets here. Bad strategy if you ask me. It is England who has to push for win not India.

thank you !

jusarrived said:
thank you !

What i am trying to say is England decided to choke India hoping India will collapse going for unconventional shots. India had two options either not playing into the hands of England or challenging them and in the process risking a collapse.

Well, a 65 off more than 200 deliveries and Dravid is already considered a martyr:22:.......

Anyway, congrats to Gambhir:14::19:!!!!

IronMan2009 said:
What i am trying to say is England decided to choke India hoping India will collapse going for unconventional shots. India had two options either not playing into the hands of England or challenging them and in the process risking a collapse.

dude i agreed with you .

commonsense really !

87 runs in the last 40 overs is not acceptable sorry. We need to score at a better run rate tomorrow since the next 4 days getting full 90 overs in a days play wont happen due to bad light.

england attack looks predictable, they lack a zaheer, johnson type of bowlers, make something happen when theres nothing init for the bowlers, they only look effective when theres assistance from the wicket or if its overcast, there all defensive bowlers, therers no one in this attack who could rip out a team with a 5-6 wicket haul

If you convert all the dots into maiden overs. Gambhir played 30 maiden overs Dravid played 28 maiden overs. out of a total 71 overs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back