India v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Kolkata | Day 5 | 3/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
somebody messed up the pitch...bc in the pitch report yardley said the worst 5 day pitch ever...how could that be so it was fine yesterday

Hi guys,
depends on how long india bats today, but I have a feeling that whatever happens, 5th day is
not going to be a boring day like usually we have in a draw situation.

According to Bishop there are only 2 results possible either India win or Draw.

India would like to bat 10 overs today, so Pak have to survive 80 overs.

3 overs will be lsot during Inn break
5-6 overs will be lost due to bad light

so Pak have to survive 70-71 overs :p

who is watching the game live?? are they going for it?? or just laying back, and showing us typical indian defensive mentality.

5 runs off the first ball followed by a noball ... not an ideal start, 9 runs off the over.

poor poor fielding by Misbah 4 to Ganguly

2nd misfield by Misbah in two overs....give away a four.

Earlier when Moyo was in act of stopping the over throw and had a chance to easily stop it, but did not, because he could not run fast and lean down, have me some serious concerns about his fitness, in test and odi series, he has been very sluggish on field, and often had problems stretching his body, with his age and current fitness, his body could go down in a year or two, and force him to retire. He must take care of himself and get back to 100% or we will lose a world class batsman.

Last edited:
Plasma said:
who is watching the game live?? are they going for it?? or just laying back, and showing us typical indian defensive mentality.
I'm watching it live and Pakistan have gifted them 10 runs already and they are going for it.

Last edited:
I don't think that Pakistan a can win anymore, because I doubt India will declare at low enough target. I don't think that India will win, but who knows.

pathetic fielding from Pak. ysufu is unfit absolute liability. get rid of this buddha

Dhoni goneeeeeeeeeee bowled by Shoaib's slower one.

Plasma said:

Let's see, their body language and some of the shots they have played/tried,
suggests that they are going to try for a win, ganguly just tried to go for a big one, but missed, seems like they will play only 10 or 15 overs and will try to set a target of 350-360, and then try to get us out in the last 65-70 overs, lets see, most likely it will be a draw unless the pitch helps india in a very dramatic way.
akhtar just bowled dhoni, gone at 37.

Dravid in interesting choice.

Last edited:
Pathan007 said:
shoaib bowling with his pathetic loser attitude.
Whats wrong with his attitude can you please explain a bit ???

Pathan007 said:
shoaib bowling with his pathetic loser attitude.

Only thing I can say is: I have done much worse with my cricketing comments so you're not alone. :D

India looking for atleast 20-30 more quick runs.

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
haha...they sent dravid...why sachin can come in

i am sure sachin refuse to play in this kind of situation.. he does not want to slog and get out at this time.. everyone knows why.

Shoaib and Misbah have been the difference between Pakistan and a complete washout in this Test series so far, IMHO.

phoenix-suns said:
i am sure sachin refuse to play in this kind of situation.. he does not want to slog and get out at this time.. everyone knows why.

I don't know why. Please explain. In detail. And with your fine cricketing acumen.

Thanks.

i see some beautiful fielding by Yousuf first ball of the day. Set the tone for us magnificently and swung the momentum our way first up. Axalant stuff.

Cryin Out Loud said:
I don't know why. Please explain. In detail. And with your fine cricketing acumen.

Thanks.

if he gets out going for runs, that would reduce his average. all india wants his 25 quick runs.. why to risk his average. thats why he wud have refused even if kumble had asked him to go.

phoenix-suns said:
if he gets out going for runs, that would reduce his average. all india wants his 25 quick runs.. why to risk his average. thats why he wud have refused even if kumble had asked him to go.

Magnificent analysis. And you know this how? Did Kumble consult with you? Maybe he called you (collect) to confer?

phoenix-suns said:
so wc 03 vs pakistan was just him playing for his average? or just about anytime he gets out slogging? good to know

Hash said:
i see some beautiful fielding by Yousuf first ball of the day. Set the tone for us magnificently and swung the momentum our way first up. Axalant stuff.

dude, wait for another 30 mins, you would see some of the best fielders in the world to showcase their talent.

84 overs left in the day

minus 2 for the change over makes it 82

minus 3 for bad light makes it 79

minus 2 for a bit of time wasting (calling out for new gloves etc) makes it 77.

So if india declare now we have to survive for 77 overs

Desi said:
so wc 03 vs pakistan was just him playing for his average? or just about anytime he gets out slogging? good to know

The Sachin of now is very different to the Sachin of 2003

Desi said:

I am talking abt test match man. He played well in that match. I was really surprised to see him playing like that in that match. generally he is one of the worst batsmen (since 2000) under pressure or while chasing big total.

Hash said:
The Sachin of now is very different to the Sachin of 2003
regardless, if he was only playing for his numbers, he would never slog. sachin hasnt slogged since 03?

akhtar bowled gangu, india declared with the fall of ganguly's wicket

I love you shoiab, made fun of him, in his own ground!! ahahahah!!!

Akhtar = champion.

Edit: Gangers didn't get 'owned', BTW. It was slog time, and that is what he was doing.

Last edited:
Caved12 said:
PAK need 345 runs to win in 83 overs, can they do it?

make it in 80 overs. at rate of 4.31, don't think so

even they go after bowlers, negative line option and spread the field option is there, so we will not get there.

but we must play positive cricket then we can survive

83 overs minus 2 for the change over equals 81

minus 3 for bad light equals 78

minus some time wasting equals 76

I think we have about 76 overs

all really depends on the start...

if it's good then we have a shot of chasing this down, if not then we obviously have to play to survive, and will most likely lose.

Pakistan will have to play out of their skins, but this game isn't a draw yet, even though it is the most likely possibility.

It can be won on this pitch.. Pakistan must open positively at least.. Plenty of players to play reargaurd.. great setting.. There should be a results.

Asim2Good said:
make it in 80 overs. at rate of 4.31, don't think so

even they go after bowlers, negative line option and spread the field option is there, so we will not get there.

but we must play positive cricket then we can survive

agree

India missed very good chance of taking 2-0 lead. I dont think Pakistan will have any problem drawing this match. Advance congrats pakistan for drawing this match.

I dont think paksitan should go for win. They should go for the tie. we still have 1 more match. we dont wanna risk the series

JosheelaKaptan said:
It can be won on this pitch.. Pakistan must open positively at least.. Plenty of players to play reargaurd.. great setting.. There should be a results.
you sure about that?

JosheelaKaptan said:
if we win, ill cry + dance around naked in the street in this freezing snowy weather outside

70% a draw
25% an Indian win
4.9% a Pakistan win
0.1% a tie

If Moyo or Younus fire, we might win. Given that Misbah contributes with his magical innings :)

we are opening with Sohail Tanvir and Salman Butt

With This team I am not too confident the Pakistan team 7 years ago was likely to win, this one is likely to loose and loose badly in a session rather than win

just need to play sensible innings session by session.
Till lunch target should be to make about 75 runs in the 20 odd we will get.
Need to re-evaluate during lunch to go for it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back