India v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Kolkata | Day 5 | 3/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
First ball from Zaher - Hameed slashes hard - sign of things to come?

So Butt is also suffering from that viral fever/flu. Hopefully he can get well before the next game, and it doesn't bother him much today either.

Pak should not try to win. If they do, that would be sucidal. They should just play their natural game.

XFactor said:
First ball from Zaher - Hameed slashes hard - sign of things to come?
i hope now, disgusting batting, just positive, no need to go afridi style

kamran plays so well down the order...what is the reasoning?

We need to definitely try for a win by attacking every ball that is there to hit because everyone knows what happens to a team that plays for a draw

i think to win this we need to hit out first....get quick runs on the board..n scared the crap out of the indians...n then we can think of the win...if we go slow first then it will be too many runs to get later

phoenix-suns said:
Pak should not try to win. If they do, that would be sucidal. They should just play their natural game.
contradiction

Kumble opening the bowling!!!

poor captaincy, we don't have much of chance of winning
why ask Kami to open, we may go for runs and loose early wicket and we will be under pressure.

if we wanted to go for win, we should have good start with normal openers, then we would have promote Kami to go after bowlers

btw a bit off topic

any1 who is watching the stream on cricketcable know the punjabi song they play during the ads to donate for cricketcable

JosheelaKaptan said:
declaration is such that I will have to stay all night now.

Why? worried about losing the game? No way. dont worry. India have no chance of losing this game. sleep well and get up in the morning. you will see the news, india did really well to draw the match. thats what i am going to do.

1st over negotiated safely

Don't think we should think about the win. If we go into the final session needing about 180 with 8 wickets in hand then we can have a bash for a few overs and see how it goes. Otherwise just play their natural game....don't get bogged down or go into a shell and don't play any idiotic shots like Yasir did off the first ball.

phoenix-suns said:
Why? worried about losing the game? No way. dont worry. India have no chance of losing this game. sleep well and get up in the morning. you will see the news, india did really well to draw the match. thats what i am going to do.

yep....INDIA did really well to draw the match from being 466 runs ahead and having us 5 wickets down on day 3. :))

phoenix-suns said:
u said pakistan should play for the draw and play their natural game.
playing their natural game would see them through at a RR higher than 4.4 ;)

Having lost the odi series and now already 0-1 in this test series, Can pakistan be thinking in their wildest dreams to just simply go for a win no matter what? take it as a one day match and somehow score that many runs, even that approach could very well cost us this game as a loss? I say, just go for a win, do or die, try to win the series for us, draw would not do it for me, specially after losing the one day series. I would give anything to sit in their dressing room
and see what they are planning and what kind of strategy is being used?

Last edited:
so its like 4.5 RR............. kindda like a One day without ODI rules and restrictions and powerplays!!!

i wonder what pakistan camp is planning!!!!!!!??

Caved12 said:
Having lost the odi series and now already 0-1 in this test series, Can pakistan be thinking in their wildest dreams to just simply go for a win no matter what? take it as a one day match and somehow score that many runs, even that approach could very well cost us this game as a loss? I say, just go for a win, do or die, try to win the series for us, draw would not do it for me, specially after losing the one day series. I would give anything to sit in their dressing room
and see they are planning and what kind of strategy is being used?

There is an hour to go until lunch.

We should at least try to get there unscathed. It will be our session if we do.

Run Rate needed at the end of 1st 4 overs.
Code:
345 needed in 82 Overs at 4.21 R/O
343 needed in 81 Overs at 4.23 R/O
339 needed in 80 Overs at 4.24 R/O
335 needed in 79 Overs at 4.23 R/O

Desi said:
u said pakistan should play for the draw and play their natural game.
playing their natural game would see them through at a RR higher than 4.4 ;)

R you sure pakistan can maintain 4.4 runrate for 85 if they play their natural game on a slow and turning wicket? even australians wud struggle to do that unless they play out of skin.

I hope Akmal and hameed can defend each other against their weaknesses...

phoenix-suns said:
R you sure pakistan can maintain 4.4 runrate for 85 if they play their natural game on a slow and turning wicket? even australians wud struggle to do that unless they play out of skin.

No we can't.

But if we go into the final session needing 6 per over and we have 8 wickets in hand then I think we should go for it. Any less than 8 wickets in hand and no, we shouldn't.

W63L35 said:
Run Rate needed at the end of 1st 4 overs.
Code:
345 needed in 82 Overs at 4.21 R/O
343 needed in 81 Overs at 4.23 R/O
339 needed in 80 Overs at 4.24 R/O
335 needed in 79 Overs at 4.23 R/O
yaar, not this again.

phoenix-suns said:
i didnt say they would last the 85 overs, but if they played their natural game i dont think we would see a draw ><
that was my point

Code:
333	needed in	78	Overs at	4.27	R/O

phoenix-suns said:

so its either India Win or DRAW!!!!!!!! no remote possibility of Pakistan winning this one!!

but if they do win........ kubmble is gonna be embarrased as anything, since he declared twice

On the other hand if india wins, he would be proud of getting Pakistan out in all 4 innings they have played against him as captain!!

Hash said:
yep....INDIA did really well to draw the match from being 466 runs ahead and having us 5 wickets down on day 3. :))

Didn't you see Dhoni and Sourav tried to save the game yesterday by playing cautiously?

Pakistan must try to go play safe till half way mark post lunch and can try to shift gear if required. However, since this Pakistan team has an amazing ability to reach 114/4 from 81/0,
I think it's highly unlikely Pakistan would go for win! Perhaps only during tea they should think of it. This should be an "interesting" draw in my opinion ...

Hash said:
There is an hour to go until lunch.

We should at least try to get there unscathed. It will be our session if we do.

yes, that would get their hopes high and allow them to plan accordingly, or should say positively. post lunch I mean.

Plasma said:
yaar, not this again.
:)) :))
Ok...lets ask other PPer....

Guys....you want me to stop posting the required R/R....
If so, I'll stop!

the best tactic to play Kumble is just to treat him as a medium pacer and not a spinner since he wont be getting any turn with the new ball for atleast the first 15 overs or so. DO NOT plant the front leg infront of the line of the ball.

W63L35 said:
:)) :))
Ok...lets ask other PPer....

Guys....you want me to stop posting the required R/R....
If so, I'll stop!

No, keep posting it yaar

abcanada said:
so its either India Win or DRAW!!!!!!!! no remote possibility of Pakistan winning this one!!

but if they do win........ kubmble is gonna be embarrased as anything, since he declared twice

On the other hand if india wins, he would be proud of getting Pakistan out in all 4 innings they have played against him as captain!!

Yes no way India can lose this game. If Pakistan win this game, thats def a miracle. thats as good as wining the series.

Hash said:
No we can't.

But if we go into the final session needing 6 per over and we have 8 wickets in hand then I think we should go for it. Any less than 8 wickets in hand and no, we shouldn't.

i belive that would be the plan......... all depends on how many wickets Pakistan can keep in this session!! it could either turn ugly for pakistan or things may progress for a draw!!

Code:
328	needed in	77	Overs at	4.26	R/O

how many overs before lunch ??

from_da_lost_dim3nsion said:
makes me angry that my paid stream is dead and the free ones are running smooth !
note to self, dont pay 4 streams next time!
what free steams :(

please share =)

imranahmed_khan said:
the best tactic to play Kumble is just to treat him as a medium pacer and not a spinner since he wont be getting any turn with the new ball for atleast the first 15 overs or so. DO NOT plant the front leg infront of the line of the ball.

can we text msg this to yaseer hamid and akmal!! damnnnnn if only they used NFL halmets with radio receiver!!

Its quite possible to chase down. Get thru this session safely, meaning without a loss of more then a wicket, and then go from there.

abcanada said:
can we text msg this to yaseer hamid and akmal!! damnnnnn if only they used NFL halmets with radio receiver!!
maybe if we ALL yell loud enough?

W63L35 said:
Code:
333	needed in	78	Overs at	4.27	R/O
I like this, keep it up.

The strategy is to go untouched wicket wise atleast till lunch.

21 runs in 6 Overs. 324 needed in 76 Overs at 4.26 R/O

Desi said:
maybe if we ALL yell loud enough?

we have to try otherwise Mr Hameed is going to get out, lets go 1, 2, 3 !!!! (shouts madly)

abcanada said:
so its like 4.5 RR............. kindda like a One day without ODI rules and restrictions and powerplays!!!

i wonder what pakistan camp is planning!!!!!!!??

contrary to ODIs, you can only play in a certain directions because of the wicket condition, and if there are fielders in that direction, run making becomes very tough.

yosuf and younis have failed in mostly every innings so far...about time they fire, and fire big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back