India v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Kolkata | Day 5 | 3/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 runs in 14 Overs at 2.14 and 315 needed in 68 Overs at 4.63 R/O

In an unbelievable and sensational twist, Pakistan has scored a run.

jackal786 said:
Realistically .. i think Pakistan has shut down the shop. May be younis khan will have other ideas.

YK can' do anything, he will play for draw as well. otherwise he will throw his wicket only.
if u wanna go for win, team need good start which we haven't got

Pakistan has pulled down the shutters, one feels. Now it is either India win or draw, the latter the more likely possibility. Only the Pakistan bats can lose this from here on, in all likelihood.

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
how bout 200 in one session...possible...20/20 stylo

can be done if we have 8 wickets in hand

so need these two bachas to survive until lunch (less than 15 minutes) and then we can lose 1 of them in the afternoon session. Maybe But can go because Kami is better at scoring faster.

butt is playing extremely slow, even slower than his natural style of batting.

30 runs in 15 Overs at 2.00 and 315 needed in 67 Overs at 4.70 R/O

a draw after what happened during the first 2 n a half days is not a bad result but I would like some positive approach from our batsmen, they should look to put the indian team in a defensive position otherwise the pressure would be unbearable.

Caved12 said:
butt is playing extremely slow, even slower than his natural style of batting.

Salman stricke rate 23.33
Kami 25.00

not much difference

they are already playing for lunch :D

Butt is trying to play like he did in the Twenty20 Cup :)

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
how bout 200 in one session...possible...20/20 stylo

There is lot of difference. over restrictions, strict wide calls, field restrictions, better batting conditions

the true passionist said:
last 10 overs: 13 runs
last 8 overs: 3 runs

Kumble made a huge mistake by not declaring over night or even yesterday 30 minutes before close!!

31 runs in 16 Overs at 1.94 and 314 needed in 66 Overs at 4.76 R/O

imranahmed_khan said:
a draw after what happened during the first 2 n a half days is not a bad result but I would like some positive approach from our batsmen, they should look to put the indian team in a defensive position otherwise the pressure would be unbearable.

You are dead right about that. Being positive actually not necessarily for win, but mainly to avoid self-exerting pressures.

Asim2Good said:
Salman stricke rate 23.33
Kami 25.00

not much difference

they are already playing for lunch :D

True Asim,and we idiots sitting here, hoping for a miracle to happen. ;-) or just at least me.

Akmal, Younis, Yousuf, Misbah.. a strong line up to play out the rest of the overs. But when you think it just requires 4 balls to get them you might get a little nervous.

Kamran mutilates the shackles

35 runs in 17 Overs at 2.06 and 310 needed in 65 Overs at 4.77 R/O

Underworld57 said:
so who will be satisfied if we draw?
*raises hand*

seriously....350 on a day 5 dist bowl wasn't happening. If Pakistan pull off the draw, the psychological boost will be with them.

Underworld57 said:

considering we were 150 for 5 atr lunch on day 3 after India had raked up 616....a draw would be a tremendous result and a tremendous fightback. The moral victory would be ALL ours if this game is a draw.

Here is a list of Test innings in which at least 75% of batsmen coming
to the crease scored a 50. The number of players batting in the given
innings (B) is in the 3rd column. Qualification - at least 7 players
batted in the innings.

Code:
%     50s  B
87.50   7   8   Pak (599-7d) v Ind  Karachi    2005-06 W

85.71   6   7   Pak (699-5)  v Ind  Lahore     1989-90 D
85.71   6   7   WI  (660-5d) v NZ   Wellington 1994-95 W
85.71   6   7   Ind (633-5d) v Aus  Calcutta   1997-98 W
85.71   6   7   Aus (641-4d) v Eng  The Oval   2001    W
[B]85.71   6   7   Ind (616-5d) v Pak  Calcutta   2007-08[/B]

75.00   6   8   WI  (629-6d) v Ind  Bombay     1948-49 D
75.00   6   8   Aus (607-6d) v NZ   Brisbane   1993-94 W

Last edited:
36 runs in 18 Overs at 2.00 and 309 needed in 64 Overs at 4.83 R/O

Underworld57 said:
guys lets be honest and practicle, a win is out of the question for Pakistan, I would gladly take a draw right now. But the intent should be positive towards batting from us

Underworld57 said:

yes
injury to Gul after been confirmed fit
then half of team suffering from fever
and then at 150/5 after India put of 616

draw here is win for us

Asim2Good said:
not sure if we can affoard interesting things :D
I want to see 'em. Let's have a look at our batsman responding to "interesting things" and see if they persevere.

imranahmed_khan said:
guys lets be honest and practicle, a win is out of the question for Pakistan, I would gladly take a draw right now. But the intent should be positive towards batting from us

When you are playing for a draw, how can you be -ive or +ive???

kablooee87 said:
I want to see 'em. Let's have a look at our batsman responding to "interesting things" and see if they persevere.

bad timing and in cricket timing does play very good part :p

36 runs in 19 Overs at 1.89 and 309 needed in 63 Overs at 4.90 R/O

W63L35 said:
Kumble made a huge mistake by not declaring over night or even yesterday 30 minutes before close!!

They were not looking to win after they failed to bowl out Pakistan before lunch, mainly aiming to avoid all possibility of a loss, and they have achieved that.

They would now be making a flatter deck for the Banglore test that wont even have as much support for the spinners as this one so that it is virtually impossible to get them out twice.

Result: IND win series 1-0.

Scoring boundry every ball of an over;
444464 CD McMillan Younis Khan N v Pak at Hamilton 2000/01
466444 BC Lara RJ Peterson WI v SA at Johannesburg 2003/04
444444 CH Gayle MJ Hoggard WI v Eng at The Oval 2004
444444 ST Jayasuriya JM Anderson SL v Eng at Kandy 2007/08

i am not saying that they should play for a draw, tey should play to get the indians on the defensive (batting intent isnt always about winning or loosing, it has many goals and milestones in between)

37 runs in 20 Overs at 1.85 and 308 needed in 62 Overs at 4.97 R/O

pak might try to take it to lunch without losing any more wickets, adn then make an effort after lunch

Ok...guys.....
I am off to bed....I hope, we'll be able to save the match!

They were not looking to win after they failed to bowl out Pakistan before lunch, mainly aiming to avoid all possibility of a loss, and they have achieved that.

They would now be making a flatter deck for the Banglore test that wont even have as much support for the spinners as this one so that it is virtually impossible to get them out twice.

You are right, I thought about that too, the third test pitch will be the batting paradise. I will just pray that it is not the case.

I know salman is sick and he needs sympathy ,so i will send him a care package consist of some Mehendi,Chouriyan and a lal bridal suit ,so he can use them and really know what its really feels like to be a P***y.

30 mts before you gotta be kidding 270 odd runs in 100 plus overs? I don't think even Australia will not take that stupid decision.

I'll watch another 30 mts after lunch,, if these guys are going to keep blocking.. then it is going to be a huge waste of time watching this draw staying pu all night!

These two are playing well, but its pretty clear the instructions are to go for the draw. I can't really blame them becoz India batted on to make it safe for themselves. To go at over 4 RPO and score 350 runs on a fifth day pitch is pretty much out of the question.

dang...if pak wanta win...they gotta play win.....but they are aiming for draw i guess

On Zee`sports, Mr. so called expert just said that Misbah won't be getting a huge score as the law of averages will kick in. :))) . Indians are already scared of Misbah, even when they have a gripping situation like they have today.

tmac4real said:
Looks like it'll be a draw then.

Will Tmac ever win a series in playoffs on his own?just liittle off topic, yes I think it will be a draw.

Caved12 said:
On Zee`sports, Mr. so called expert just said that Misbah won't be getting a huge score as the law of averages will kick in. :))) . Indians are already scared of Misbah, even when they have a gripping situation like they have today.

dont speak too soon.. Misbah might miss it just again.. by a few balls.. :))

Anyway, what difference Misbah has made to the results against India till date.. hardly any. He is always behing the 8ball.. and till now he has played in the best conditions he can hope for in his career.. Lets see what he does sitting on the backfoot when the ball swing or seams outside this home-zone.. I am sure that he is no Inzi.. and till now, in all three innings, he has got a catch dropped in each of them.. enough luck.

61 overs left minues 3 for bad light equals 58

a bit of time wasting equals minus another 2

I make it 56 overs to survive.

Hash said:
61 overs left minues 3 for bad light equals 58

a bit of time wasting equals minus another 2

I make it 56 overs to survive.
Most of the time, only spinners will be bowling and if you dont lose too many by tea, nothing matters. Over rate rate is going to be good because of lot of defense and spinners will operate.. its not coming till last wicket and 2 overs..

All in all, if India doesnt get 2 more wickets in next hr, I am going to sleep. This wicket is too slow. Bowler can bowl, batsman can see what it is, think of 50 different ways to defend it and then decide on one.. plenty of time.. as the time went on, pitch became easy to save the wicket.. only harder to score on.

Last edited:
A horrendous shot from Akmal. Stopped his shot just when the ball arrived.

game is most certainly on now for India

if they can get another 3 wickets in this session then they have a chance.

Younis has faced a quarter of the number of balls that Salma Butta has and has scored more runs

I gotta give it to Salman, he's playing harbhajan pretty well. Leaving most of the balls coming from over the wicket, which makes me nervous but they're all "batman's leave."

And now Harbhajan has moved his line closer to the stumps, aiming at off stemp rather than 6 inches outside, forcing Butt to play at it. He's doing it well though.

what BS is this...just got back from gym....salam 74 balls for 9 runs...kya bakwas hai...no need to get so defensive....6 fielders and 1 bolwer are around the pitch...you gotta be kidding me that you can't score runs with 4 in the outfield

I really like Faisal Iqbal. He is such a great batsman.

shout for LBW. Looked fairly close to me, but the appeal was stifled.

.....after watching the replay, it was more legsidish than I thought.

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
what BS is this...just got back from gym....salam 74 balls for 9 runs...kya bakwas hai...no need to get so defensive....6 fielders and 1 bolwer are around the pitch...you gotta be kidding me that you can't score runs with 4 in the outfield
It's called being a batsman in a pressure situation. As long as it's working for him, I have no problem with it.

kablooee87 said:
shout for LBW. Looked fairly close to me, but the appeal was stifled.

.....after watching the replay, it was more legsidish than I thought.

you can't give those now...that was not out the moment i saw but...but with kumble who knows

53 overs left but in reality it will be more like 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back