India v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Kolkata | Day 5 | 3/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
UsmanhailsAfridi said:
come on yaar they way they are going ....they can bowl way many over than 39 in the alloted time

I don't think it works like that.....and even then I seriously doubt they will bowl the full overs 'way before' 4pm

43.5 Patel to Younis Khan, 1 run, probing delivery that jumps off a length and Younis is in trouble. It landed on a length, outside off stump and jumped up alarmingly and crashes into the gloves but luckily for Younis, it flies well to the right of that square short leg. Younis completes the run and comes back to inspect the spot where it landed. The pitch is beginning to reveal its tricks.

This is not good for sure

45.6 Patel to Mohammad Yousuf, no run, beaten. This one straightens after pitching outside off and Yousuf ended up playing inside the line. Good nagging over from Munaf comes to an end

Hash said:
I don't think it works like that.....and even then I seriously doubt they will bowl the full overs 'way before' 4pm

i hope so man....but it think as soon as they bowl the alloted over if they do game is over....even if they finish earlier

It would be funny if Faisal Iqbal came in and scored a 29 ball century and we won this. Woul djust love to see Kumble's face in the ever so likely event of that happening.

Hash said:
It would be funny if Faisal Iqbal came in and scored a 29 ball century and we won this. Woul djust love to see Kumble's face in the ever so likely event of that happening.

Bhanja 29 balls century, I promise i will never watch cricket again if its that much unpredictable

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
i hope so man....but it think as soon as they bowl the alloted over if they do game is over....even if they finish earlier

You are right. They wont get any extra overs. You can get an extra 30 minutes on day 4 if there is a chance of a result and the captain asks but no such thing on day 5.

34 overs to go.

should be last over before tea

come on YoKhMoYo

Minimum 30 overs left. The Indian over rate is quite fast. Could squeeze in another 2-3 more overs.

IMD Walrus said:
Only Yunus and Yousuf to go?

don't forget the greatest opf all great batsman Faisal Iqbal.

Then there is Mohammad Sami and that's it.

With 31 overs left these two need to bat together for another 20 at least.

IMD Walrus said:
Minimum 30 overs left. The Indian over rate is quite fast. Could squeeze in another 2-3 more overs.

nope. Game will be over after 30 overs.

just went to gym for an hour and on return when I checked the scorecard I quickly realized that I should have finished my work out completely.

The decision to send Misbah up in the order was wrong, Misbah's best comes out when the team is in a disaster situation, besides the ball he got out on was unplayable.

Caved12 said:
The decision to send Misbah up in the order was wrong, Misbah's best comes out when the team is in a disaster situation.
yeah in hindsight it was the wrong decision but lets hope the 2Ys can easily see PAK through

Harbhajan on to bowl now.

This spell with decide the test in my opinion.

PlanetPakistan said:
yeah in hindsight it was the wrong decision but lets hope the 2Ys can easily see PAK through

Inshallah they will, Yk is playing very positively.

tanvir needs to be dropped....for sure...bring in yasir if he is the only choice....and if no one else can come in for sami then sami is ok...maybe think of dropping pathetic kaneria for rehman...who knows he might come good..he cna't do any worse than kaneria

if its gonna be a complete dust bowl then maybe drop faisal and go with both spinner and 3 pacers with 5 batters and kamran

Tense moments here. Two successive shouts against Younis.

....and he hits the next ball down the ground for 4. Props.

kablooee87 said:
Tense moments here. Two successive shouts against Younis.

....and he hits the next ball down the ground for 4. Props.

both of them were pathetic appeals unless I missed something.

Yousuf taking easy boundaries here with all the close in fielders.

I just noticed that Butt scored 11 runs on 91 deliveries, is it some kind of a record?lol

After Younis Khan's below par performance during the 1st Test, he's really proving to be a solid defense at the crease.

It's scary to see how weak Pakistan could be if these 2 fall.

Caved12 said:
I just noticed that Butt scored 11 runs on 91 deliveries, is it some kind of a record?lol

The fact pakistan are trying to save match means that knock was needed!

Pak 163/4

182 needed off about 20 overs... pakistan can do this..!

Matic said:
After Younis Khan's below par performance during the 1st Test, he's really proving to be a solid defense at the crease.

It's scary to see how weak Pakistan could be if these 2 fall.

Well after these 2 pakistans long tail begins....

Amjid Javed said:
Pak 163/4

182 needed off about 20 overs... pakistan can do this..!

No way, they'd never try it. With Faisal Iqbal the only "batsman" to come wickets would fall fast if they'd try to attack.

Amjid Javed said:
Well after these 2 pakistans long tail begins....

Mohammad Sami could possibly play out the session, but seeing both Shoaib and Sohail out for 0 1st innings worries me. And we all know Kaneria will get beaten by the googly between bat-pad again!

Tendulkar comes on to bowl. Kumble giving it a final go at it here.

Caved12 said:

I think Abdul Razzaq scored a 4 off 75 or something against Australia.

YK to get maybe yet another 2nd inns hundred...

why not get one in 1st inns when its more vital...?

Matic said:
I think Abdul Razzaq scored a 4 off 75 or something against Australia.

you are kidding, that must have been something,lol, especially when coming from a great hitter like Razzaq.

Amjid Javed said:

come on AJ you can't underestimate an innings like this

It looks like Pakistan will edge out a draw here with the way things are going. That means the series would go into the 3rd Test in Bangalore where Pakistan were in the same scenerio in 2005 and ended up snatching a stunning late evening victory to level the series.

Deja vu?

Matic said:
It looks like Pakistan will edge out a draw here with the way things are going. That means the series would go into the 3rd Test in Bangalore where Pakistan were in the same scenerio in 2005 and ended up snatching a stunning late evening victory to level the series.

Deja vu?
lets wait for a while the game isn't over yet.

Amjid Javed said:

In the context of the game this innings was far more important.

Inside edge pops up and falls in the middle of the pitch as all the Indian fielder stand there and watch.

Bhajji isn't pleased.

When these two came into bat I said they owed the team something and they have delivered a 100 run partnership but most importantly eaten up 28 overs. With just 13 overs left in the day this game seems to be heading for a draw....though a Pakistan win cannot be entirely ruled out.

Well played Younis....hope you go on to make a well deserved 100 for the team just when it was required at 78 for 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back