India v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Kolkata | Day 5 | 3/12/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
kablooee87 said:
It's called being a batsman in a pressure situation. As long as it's working for him, I have no problem with it.

yea its working for the indians bc its building pressure...the bowler gets set with a line and gets in his groove...

not the best strategy it might work at the end but that just bc this pitch is still pretty flat

I hate to agree with Arun Lal but I think he looked much more dangerous coming around the wicket to Butt.

Arun lal suddenly coming across very Gay.
Question is... is he really?

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
hash...i think indians are bowling pretty quick here they might get the 53 overs in
I guess the question is ... will the spinners be able to bowl the next 50 odd overs straight. Probably not.

Butt is playing a magnificent knock. I am loving it. Blocking on a supposed dustbowl is an art in itself.

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
hash...i think indians are bowling pretty quick here they might get the 53 overs in

BUTT MOVED INTO DOUBLE FIGURES!!!

Yeah but then there is also going to be some time wasting by our batsman.........changing gloves, changing bats...that sort of thing.

Yep, I've been impressed with Butt too. But he needs to get an extended innings. A real long one. Prove to people that he has the technique to simply occupy the crease for a long time.

I agree Butt has played well ... but as is so often the case with him is that he can't concentrate for long periods. He has to show he is capable of playing a long innings.

aamir suhail again talking about these mystery fast bowlers who are coming for the next test match....hmmmm

What the heck is Sohail yapping about. Even if it is a draw how is that a psychological advantage for pakistan .

jackal786 said:
What the heck is Sohail yapping about. Even if it is a draw how is that a psychological advantage for pakistan .

Umm...we were 150/5 on day 3 in reply to 616. Get it?

the_game said:

nahi he won't get it yaar....

he doesnt see how much of a dis it is to score 616 runs in the first innings then have a team down to 150 for 5 n then not be able to get 15 wickets in the next 8 sessions with the help of the 'greatest' spin attack in the world against a 'crappy' batting order :))) :))) :)))

jackal786 said:

definite psychological/moral victory for Pakistan given we were 150 for 5 at lunch on day 3 (over 460 runs behind)

the_game said:

not really.......still lots of pak batsman to find form. it still looks like a better indian team performance than pakistan's.

nikred said:
not really.......still lots of pak batsman to find form. it still looks like a better indian team performance than pakistan's.

Well that makes you just as ignorant as Giddar.

nikred said:

offcourse if you go by 616 runs on a flatty pitch against 2 sick bowlers one guy with a 2nd test match and one spinner

Muddaser said:
Well that makes you just as ignorant as Giddar.

ok i meant "not really" advantage pak. you got to admit overall india performed better than pak and pak at 65/3 is not exactly cruising. :)

my man Misbah is in again ... come on son ... keep improving on that average.

nikred said:
ok i meant "not really" advantage pak. you got to admit overall india performed better than pak and pak at 65/3 is not exactly cruising. :)

yaar this paksitan team sucks....i mean they have so many gaps...they aren't playing as a team...compared to india who are a solid unit....but i think indians aren't close be good against a good competing side

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
yaar this paksitan team sucks....i mean they have so many gaps...they aren't playing as a team...compared to india who are a solid unit....but i think indians aren't close be good against a good competing side

i know india is not performing as good as they should be. but the batting is coming good and with return of RP and sree the bowling will get better.

ball isn't ripping that much...so why are we in our shells...didn't we learn from india back in 2005 in banglore...that this kind of batting could be bat...

good shot by yk

nikred said:
i know india is not performing as good as they should be. but the batting is coming good and with return of RP and sree the bowling will get better.

well we also scored 460 on this track...and india only scored 256 in the first innings of last match..if thats called goood in india then wait till australia...india might break all batting records :p

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
well we also scored 460 on this track...and india only scored 256 in the first innings of last match..if thats called goood in india then wait till australia...india might break all batting records :p

yeah you are right. indian batting is not good enough to perform against aussies so thats why pakistan has an advantage in this match. :14:

India have dropped 4 catches in this match.. Misbah, Akmal, Sami and now Misbah again. all 4 at very crucial stages of the match.. any one of those catch could have done a huge favor here.. but its all alas.. BTW, I am so fed of Harbhajan's dubness.. He bowled 50 dot balls to Butt where he didnt even need to touch.. ***..

nikred said:
yeah you are right. indian batting is not good enough to perform against aussies so thats why pakistan has an advantage in this match. :14:

hmmm you are so smart....did i say anywhere pakistan has advantage at all...where did i say that...

JosheelaKaptan said:
India have dropped 4 catches in this match.. Misbah, Akmal, Sami and now Misbah again. all 4 at very crucial stages of the match.. any one of those catch could have done a huge favor here.. but its all alas.. BTW, I am so fed of Harbhajan's dubness.. He bowled 50 dot balls to Butt where he didnt even need to touch.. ***..

misbah's catch...ok i guess....

but the rest weren't easy catches...

you can't expect players like munaf to take that catch...have you seen that guys body...he doesnt look like an athlete....

also didn't sachin 'drop' a catch...you can't expect him to catch that either that would have been a blinder....

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
hmmm you are so smart....did i say anywhere pakistan has advantage at all...where did i say that...

oops..... :D i wasnt looking at your name i thought it was the same guy replying to me. :p

45 minutes until tea

if these two can take us to tea the draw will be 99% secured given that we still have the MAGNIFICENT Faisal Iqbal and Mohammad Yousuf to come.

Misbah is out. Rameez and Yardley are loving it.

Rameez because he's a sellout, Yardley because he doesn't want to see a dull draw.

Hash said:
45 minutes until tea

if these two can take us to tea the draw will be 99% secured given that we still have the MAGNIFICENT Faisal Iqbal and Mohammad Yousuf to come.

this is what i meant...don't go in a shell...pakistan is killing themselves here

Who asked Sohaib Akhtar to bowl off cutters and showed Indian pacers how pace bowlers to take wickets on this pitch !

I thank Akhtar for showing it !!

kablooee87 said:
Misbah is out. Rameez and Yardley are loving it.

Rameez because he's a sellout, Yardley because he doesn't want to see a dull draw.

Actually Yardley is a biggest kiss **** of the Indian team if anything. Didn't he apply for that coach position?

This whole tour I have heard yardleys annoying voice just chabber away about India this and that.

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
42 overs to go...yk needs to carry his captain....captains knock required....he can't get OUT

Maybe even less due to light. Hash's parantha eating strategy would not be a bad ploy now.

Amir said:
Actually Yardley is a biggest kiss **** of the Indian team if anything. Didn't he apply for that coach position?

This whole tour I have heard yardleys annoying voice just chabber away about India this and that.

I thought he was hyping more about Pakistan ... different perspectives.

Two batsman at the crease who owe our team big time. They have really let us down in this series. Now is their chance.

41 overs left though more likely to be 38 or 39. They only need to bat for 30 overs or so.

jackal786 said:
Who asked Sohaib Akhtar to bowl off cutters and showed Indian pacers how pace bowlers to take wickets on this pitch !

I thank Akhtar for showing it !!
:)))

Hash said:
Two batsman at the crease who owe our team big time. They have really let us down in this series. Now is their chance.

41 overs left though more likely to be 38 or 39. They only need to bat for 30 overs or so.

they need to play a ball at a time...5 overs intervals....and keep on telling themselves..that every over gone by will get the indian shoulders down

i hope faisal dont come in to bat...if he does he should bring an ipod with him...bc indians are gonna make him hear it for sure...

rameez always likes to ridicule his fellow commentators and thinks he is being smart.

india bowling at 16.3 over per hour....

Hash...what do you say now man...

what if india finished bolwing the remaining over before close of play...will the game end or they will get to ball till end of day

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
india bowling at 16.3 over per hour....

Hash...what do you say now man...

what if india finished bolwing the remaining over before close of play...will the game end or they will get to ball till end of day

match will end after they bowl today's quota of overs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back