India vs England | 4th Test | Nagpur | 16/12/12 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^

Wasn't expecting any better comeback really from you....seen it a few billion times by now !!! anyways..not replying to you anymore....so feel free to quote or misquote or not quote,..or just randomly chat dharmasena or throw an stats with arrow or whatever...a few indian newbies in this virtual world might give your much needed attention!!!

20 run partnership in 10 overs.

England :)))

You should be mad on your team instead of laughing on England.

what the heck was Dhoni and Indian batsmen thinking? Are they playing for the draw too? Wasted the whole hour of the morning and session and didn't even equal the score.

^^^^^

Wasn't expecting any better comeback really from you....seen it a few billion times by now !!! anyways..not replying to you anymore....so feel free to quote or misquote or not quote,..or just randomly chat dharmasena or throw an stats with arrow or whatever...a few indian newbies in this virtual world might give your much needed attention!!!

Jao main tum sey nahi bolta! Kutti!

You forgot to add the last sentence! ;-)

Cook is excrutiating to watch in normal test innings, Today he will be even worse... He has nothing to gain from scoring runs so all he is gonna do is BLOCK

You should be mad on your team instead of laughing on England.

what the heck was Dhoni and Indian batsmen thinking? Are they playing for the draw too? Wasted the whole hour of the morning and session and didn't even equal the score.

2-3 Indian top order batsmen couldn't add 30 runs combined I am sure, so 30 runs will make some difference. As much as Dhoni is at fault, scoring runs quickly wasn't really possible on this wicket.

This is perfect plan by India.When England goes ultra defensive they fold very easily in batting.

Dhoni is a master strategist.
From Cricinfo Commentary said:
"We have such a useless captain we have who wasted 1 hour in the morning for a paltry 29 runs. If 29 runs was the issues, why were Ashwin & Ojha not given the mandate to go for quick runs? If time was to be played out, then why declare? Nothing he does makes sense, he is neither a attacking captain nor a strategist." Rakesh is scathing, but it is justified in this case
:))
So there are few Indian who understand cricket!

2-3 Indian top order batsmen couldn't add 30 runs combined I am sure, so 30 runs will make some difference. As much as Dhoni is at fault, scoring runs quickly wasn't really possible on this wicket.

Tailenders should had hit out or got out. 1 extra was more crucial than 30 runs.

Cook is excrutiating to watch in normal test innings, Today he will be even worse... He has nothing to gain from scoring runs so all he is gonna do is BLOCK

We need runs on the board, can't just block. Though wait till Trott get's out there.

I think England should look to score runs too, not just play time. The more they will score the more India will have to chase.
If they can score around 300 till lunch tomorrow then they can declare.

I shouldn't forget to congrat Dhoni for his brilliant captaincy today!

I think they are looking to bat out atleast till Lunch tommorow... Even if they score 2 an over they will be about 220 ahead which is not going to be easy to chase on this wicket in 60 overs...

England tuk tuking their way..hopefully india gets a wicket before lunch

Very Dangerous strategy employed by England to just block away .. If they end up losing their captain and dont have much runs on the board, they could be in serious trouble....

They shoud try to bat normally ...

England should try to score atleast 2 an over from here .. Try to bat till tommorow Lunch ... they will lead by about 220, which will be pretty tough to score on this dullard of a pitch

Sourav says he can understand what Dhoni is doing here. Boycs, being very old skool and having a rant about Dhoni's defensive captaincy :boycott

He says Dhoni is trusting his luck to take 2 quick wickets and then attack. :afridi

India is on a back foot in this series and the way they batted in the morning session was admirable! :)

Horrendous planing by the team management, how can you not have a chat about team strategy before the start of play? Dhoni and Duncan have got to go, these guys have lost it, it takes you guys half an hour to realize that its India who needs to push for a win? Ridicolous!

That morning session was a joke to be honest lol. What drugs was Dhoni on today?

Like absurdist theatre or something.

That is why I keep saying Cook can never be like Sachin.... who scored 2 runs in only 13 balls in the first innings!

lol was it time for breakfast?must have been hard digest to without mentioning Sachin

might as well shake hands n walk off

both teams want a draw

England wants a draw but India should push for a win. They can't settle for a draw here. It will achieve nothing. Dhoni's tactics were beyond laughable as I mentioned earlier. India wasted crucial 60 mins of morning session. In the hindsight we can say they wasted the whole first session cuz England had to bat 45-50 mins instead of battling a full morning session, which changed their approach. Poor Poor stuff!

Poor advertisement for Test cricket this. Ridiculous pitch.

Lol the match is so stalled ad boring that Boycott and Nasser are talking about Boycott's wake up routine. :))

England wants a draw but India should push for a win. They can't settle for a draw here. It will achieve nothing. Dhoni's tactics were beyond laughable as I mentioned earlier. India wasted crucial 60 mins of morning session. In the hindsight we can say they wasted the whole first session cuz England had to bat 45-50 mins instead of battling a full morning session, which changed their approach. Poor Poor stuff!

yes ofcourse its Dhoni who has/had to attack.I dearly hope hes removed as skipper after this game

This to me is why Dhoni's India are in terminal decline. Matching your opponent's 1st innings score is a decent position to be in, really - a good side would be creating some intensity and looking for the win. But Dhoni in ensuring that the whole affair just goes through the motions.

TBH if India wanted a win - they should have declared behind at 300-8 or scored as many as possible first hour. Both teams playing for draw here - but India can't afford this and must take some risks. Dhoni exposed again....he is waiting for England to make all the mistakes.

Uber reactive stuff from Dhoni. If it works then the England batsmen should be castrated for impatience.

No. On a pitch like this, India would have won four times out of five in the past, at home. England struggling to score fast is understandable, but Indian batsmen usually make merry on home pitches like this, this time they are unable to do it.

Poor advertisement for Vidarbha Cricket Association, too. Thousands of fans are outside lining up for tickets from one tiny hut. I expect the bank in town that sells tickets is probably closed on Sundays. Most have given up and gone home.

A shameful way to treat the fans who have turned out in record numbers for this game. Normally tests in Nagpur are watched by a few hundred people. The VCA was obviously not prepared for the demand. Maybe they thought the pitch they have prepared would put people off coming.

The game of cricket I follow is a game of glorious uncertainties! Which game of cricket do you follow? :p

....next time you make a prediction about Pakistan team, please let me know ... and we'll see how you do!

Thanks! :)

Predictions were poor not only because they were wrong but more because they were so much favoring the teamm you hate.
That was ultra defensive by you! :misbah

Game seems to have come alive a little bit.

Compton's playing well. Cook isn't though lol.

England have misunderstood the sitatuion here... Runs are as important as batting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back