IPL | Mumbai v Delhi | Mumbai | 4/5/08

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Play is due to start in about 30 minutes at Mumbai.

Mumbai Indians squad

SR Tendulkar, LL Bosman, DJ Bravo, AA Chavan, SD Chitnis, G Dhiman, CRD Fernando, Harbhajan Singh, ST Jayasuriya, MA Khote, DS Kulkarni, AM Nayar, A Nehra, M Pandey, RV Pawar, SM Pollock, AG Prince, AM Rahane, RR Raje, L Ronchi, P Shah, Swapnil Singh, YV Takawale, DJ Thornely, SS Tiwary, RV Uthappa, VS Yeligati

Delhi Daredevils squad

V Sehwag, R Bhatia, AB de Villiers, S Dhawan, TM Dilshan, G Gambhir, B Geeves, KD Karthik, GD McGrath, MF Maharoof, VY Mahesh, M Manhas, A Mishra, Mohammad Asif, Y Nagar, P Sangwan, Shoaib Malik, M Tehlan, MK Tiwary, DL Vettori, T Yadav

Here's the teams :-

Delhi: 1 Virender Sehwag (capt), 2 Gautam Gambhir, 3 AB de Villiers, 4 Shikhar Dhawan, 5 Shoaib Malik, 6 Dinesh Karthik, 7 Rajat Bhatia, 8 Yo Mahesh, 9 Glenn McGrath, 10 Pradeep Sangwan, 11 Mohammad Asif.

Mumbai have brought in Dominic Thornley for Dilhara Fernando.

Mumbai: 1 Ajinkya Rahane, 2 Sanath Jayasuriya, 3 Robin Uthappa, 4 Dwayne Bravo, 5 Shaun Pollock (capt), 6 Abhishek Nayar, 7 Yogesh Takawle (wk), 8 Musavir Khote, 9 Dominic Thornley, 10 Ashish Nehra, 11 Dhawal Kulkarni.

Jayasuriya looking in good nick here.

Mumbai 27 for 0 after 4.2 overs.

Asif 2 overs for 18 so far.

sehwag seems to know his players strengths/weaknesses...
more often than not he makes the right decision on who to bring on and who to take off...

hats off

go delhi

Doesn't look like asif's day

18.6 Mohammad Asif to Pollock, SIX, super! Pollock once again backs away to create room, Asif bowls a short ball and Pollock swings his bat hard and pulls the ball powerfully over the deep square leg boundary, 22 runs off the over
18.5 Mohammad Asif to Pollock, SIX, what a shot that is! Pollock moves towards the leg side to create room, Asif bowls it full and outside off stump, Pollock reaches out for it and throws his bat hard at it, he connects and slices the ball high over the point boundary
18.5 Mohammad Asif to Pollock, 1 wide, banged in short by Asif, Pollock was moving towards leg side and Asif followed him, he was a bit too much down leg side and Koertzen signals another wide
18.4 Mohammad Asif to Pollock, SIX, he's smashed that! Pollock backs away towards leg side and lofts a full toss from Asif dead straight over the boundary, unlike Tiwary he's connected well and timed it beautifully

Dhonifan said:
but all delhi ones exciting... ;-)

watch it for Delhi
true. I am watching for Delhi too. But sad to see gambhir out so early.

2 huge sixes by Sehwag off the bowling of Jayasuriya.

Mallik playing the role of getting singles.

Sehwag gone.

Full toss hit straight to mid wicket. Delihi in trouble now.

Shoaib is still there though, he's playing good sensible cricket, taking singles and twos off every ball...

62 needed from 7 overs.

Malilk the key here.

come on mumbai, why this pin draap silence...give us a few claps too :p

Malik gone.

Flatters to deceive once again and skies one to long off.

54 needed from 35 balls.

lol, rameez is priceless. shoaib gets out and he says 'pollock gets rid of the dangerous looking Malik, whose brain got paralyzed'

I don want mumbai win at any cost , go delhi ..... 25 balls & 45 needed ..... rawat can hit !

as like Ishanth's over yesterday, Pollock's treatment of Asif could be the decisive one here.

dinakar said:
as like Ishanth's over yesterday, Pollock's treatment of Asif could be the decisive one here.
Very true. Its amazing how one over can change the course and outlook of a match.

mumbai wins this one. oh well, they needed it more so well done mumbai

Only 28 replies so far in this thread... and the match is over.. even when Asif and Malik were playing!

another pakistani fails once again with the bat.

asif played a clueless shot even under the circumstances but pakistan bowling has been great and inshallah we will see AAG in IPL

pakistanbest said:
another pakistani fails once again with the bat.

asif played a clueless shot even under the circumstances but pakistan bowling has been great and inshallah we will see AAG in IPL

You can forgive Asif the bowler but what about Afridi? I don't think I've seen you criticizing him for playing rash shots under the circumstances?

Uzzy said:
You can forgive Asif the bowler but what about Afridi? I don't think I've seen you criticizing him for playing rash shots under the circumstances?
the beast does not posses a brain while asif does.

u can say all u like about the beast but he will never change unless maybe just maybe he becomes captain of the team and has a huge responsiblity then he may change his playing nature but at the moment this is how the beast plays sadly ;-)

Uzzy said:
:))

both of the last matches by hyderabad and delhi teams were lost by afridi and malik playing rash shots at the wrong time.

Back